Captain Ewok

NVC General Information

59 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

That link says I don't have permission to view. Is there one we can all view?

The one the moderator posted doesn't work either.

Thanks!

Started talking online: 12-24-2006

Started dating: 2-22-2007
Engaged: 12-24-2009
Married: 12-19-2010
First appointment with lawyer: 3-16-12
Sent I-130: 4-16-2012
Rcvd NOA1: 5-1-2012
Rcvd NOA2: 10-23-2012
Rcvd NVC bills: 11-02-2012
Paid NVC bills: 1-18-2013
Mailed off NVC docs & Provisional Waiver packet: 3-14-2013
NVC site status confirms "PROCESSING": 3-22-2013

Flew to CDJ: 10-18-2013

Approved for visa: 10-23-2013

Flew home <3 10-26-2010

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

The process: The CSC mails your entire case to the NVC. Then the NVC reviews it for like 1 or 2 days and upon getting it gives out an NVC case number. However in most cases by the time you get ur NVC case number your case is transit to the US Embassy (2-4 weeks). Average time is 3.5 weeks. (talking about the process time at the NVC).

After the NVC gets your case and finishing the quick review, the NVC uses DHL and ships it to the US Embassy. Once the US Embassy gets the case, the US Embassy will then send your Fiance all the information with a check list of things he or she needs to get done before coming for the interview. (There is also a few things you need to mail to ur Fiance before she goes for interview) Look under K-1 for this information. If you used a lawyer the lawyer should send u a check list of what needs to be sent to ur fiance.

The interview process goes by really quick from start to finish in most countries, but all depends on which country your fiance is from.

hope this helps!!

** By the way I'm talking about the K-1 Fiance process **

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sir why my fathers petition takes too long ? How many more yrs we will wait since my father is sick..i want to take care of him..pls help me

Sir why my fathers petition takes too long ? How many more yrs we will wait since my father is sick..i want to take care of him..pls help me

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

NVC in Vermont is so rude and professional. They are not helpful when you called I feel so disappointed by their service every time I called to ask about my case status I find that they are not helpful at all just bunch of people are waste the goverment money. They need to train their customer service and treat people with respect

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi,

How long it takes for uscis to send accepted case to nvc now

And then how long nvc takes to process and forward to us embassy?

Hope someone has info about it

event.png

January 18, 2013 - I-129F receive by USCIS

January 21, 2013 - receive NOA1

January 25, 2013 - A# was changed

event.png

June 5, 2013 - our case was accepted NOA2 online

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi AgnieszkaS- Looks like it just takes a few days to get from the USCIS to the NVC and a few days then to send it off to the Embassy.... I am now waiting for the same next step just like you are :-)

Good luck !!!

Cheers !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just called NVC trying to get a case #.....Our NOA2 was approved on 6/13/13

The nice lady told me that it is taking 15 business days for NVC to receive the package for processing....ok...hurry up and wait....!!!!

Cheers,

Curt

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello friends

I have Nikah-nama in Urdu. I don't have marriage certificate from the court.

I got my Nikah-Nama translated in English and got it notarized by court. is it going to be enough? it is very hard for us to get marriage certificate, we just did Nikah in Islamic way but there was a big ceremony. I am going to send Copy of Nikahama in Urdu and English translation certified copy from the court.

Please tell me is it going to be accepted in USCIS and NVC. next week I am going to file I 130 for my wife, under F2A category.

any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kalloo

I just entered my case number into the DOS website and this is the message I received:

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

I'm assuming this means that my case has left the NVC and is on the way to the Dominican Republic, but why does it say that they have provided me an interview date?? I thought that once it gets to the US Embassy is when I get an interview date!? How do I get the date? What do I do now??

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello guys. I have an issue with my husband's i-864. he had been living outside the US for his study completion on temporary visa permit. and hence has not paid any taxes or has an employment history in USA. however he just got employed recently in July. So what can he write in his tax and employment history in i-864?

Also my second question is that he is wanting to use his brother and a household member and use his income by filing an i864-a form. they both have same residency. the form states that they need prrof of same residence. how can that proof be given? like what documents have to be given. Please if someone can help me.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Thread locked as this is a pinned topic for information only. Please create your own thread about your own case if you have questions or need information ***

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.