one...two...tree

What is your exit strategy?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Death is inevitable. It's just a matter of time before it happens to us all. Life insurance policies and Living Wills aside, if there were no legal/ethical barriers, how would you like to die?

For example, if you are male, over 40, and eat a lot of red meat, you are almost guaranteed to have some degree of CVD (cardio vascular disease) or CHF (congestive heart failure). So, how far do you want your family and your health care providers to go to keep you alive? Heart transplant?

If you have hypertension (another consequence of the typical American diet), chances are you'll get Type II Diabetes and/or renal failure (kidney disease). Would you want to stay alive if it meant having stints in your limbs and getting dialysis several times a week? Would you be willing to have your leg(s) amputated to live longer?

Dying for many, is not a quick exit, but a gradual one. Chances are, most of us here will die a rather slow death. At what point are you willing to accept death and let nature take its course?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
debbie_downer_1.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Death is inevitable. It's just a matter of time before it happens to us all. Life insurance policies and Living Wills aside, if there were no legal/ethical barriers, how would you like to die?

For example, if you are male, over 40, and eat a lot of red meat, you are almost guaranteed to have some degree of CVD (cardio vascular disease) or CHF (congestive heart failure). So, how far do you want your family and your health care providers to go to keep you alive? Heart transplant?

If you have hypertension (another consequence of the typical American diet), chances are you'll get Type II Diabetes and/or renal failure (kidney disease). Would you want to stay alive if it meant having stints in your limbs and getting dialysis several times a week? Would you be willing to have your leg(s) amputated to live longer?

Dying for many, is not a quick exit, but a gradual one. Chances are, most of us here will die a rather slow death. At what point are you willing to accept death and let nature take its course?

Just curious. You do know that they have game threads in OT where you can build your hearts up right?

debbie_downer_1.jpg

:lol:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Just curious. You do know that they have game threads in OT where you can build your hearts up right?

It's true, people in the game threads all have big hearts.good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

A lot of people here are closer to the grave than they're willing to face. The good news is that if they faced it head on, they could do a lot to postpone their death, thereby extending their quality of life, for their spouses and their children.

Timeline

A lot of people here are closer to the grave than they're willing to face. The good news is that if they faced it head on, they could do a lot to postpone their death, thereby extending their quality of life, for their spouses and their children.

i'm also much closer to taking a monster dump than i was before you posted this thread, but that doesn't mean i'm gonna start a topic about it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm beggining to question the sanity of our highest rated Members. :lol:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

I'm beggining to question the sanity of our highest rated Members. :lol:

WELCOME TO VJ!!!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Unsure of my exit strategy, but my entry strategy was to marry with a foreign lass, have babies in our 40's.

It's been fun so far !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Diabetic Kidney Disease Rising in the U.S.

About 40 percent of diabetics will develop kidney disease, study says

The frequency of diabetic kidney disease has increased in line with rising rates of diabetes in the United States over the past two decades, a new study finds.About 40 percent of people with diabetes develop diabetic kidney disease (DKD), which is a leading cause of chronic kidney disease and accounts for nearly half of all new cases of kidney failure in the United States, according to background information in the study in the June 22/29 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association.

817-grey.gif The researchers analyzed national data from the past two decades, and found that the prevalence of DKD in the U.S. population was 2.2 percent in 1988-94, 2.8 percent in 1999-2004 and 3.3 percent in 2005-08.

The demographically adjusted increase in DKD prevalence was 18 percent from 1988-94 to 1999-2004 and 34 percent from 1988-94 to 2005-08.

The estimated number of people with DKD in the United States at any given point in time increased from 3.9 million during 1988-94 to 5.5 million during 1999-2004 to 6.9 million during 2005-08.

The researchers also found that the prevalence of impaired glomerular filtration rate (a measure of kidney function) among people with diabetes increased from 14.9 percent in 1988-94 to 17.7 percent in 2005-08.

"In conclusion, DKD has become more prevalent in the U.S. population over the last two decades and will likely contribute increasingly to health-care costs and mortality," wrote Dr. Ian H. de Boer, of the University of Washington, Seattle, and colleagues.

Increasing use of medications to lower glucose levels and blood pressure haven't seemed to prevent diabetic kidney disease from increasing, he added.

http://health.usnews...ising-in-the-us

Edited by 8TBVBN

Filed: Timeline

#######? So everyone is going to kick the can at some point. Why would anyone agonize over that for decades before it actually happens? From having seen my great-grandmother and all but one of my grandparents pass away at various stages of my life, I always had the feeling that they were ever more ready to go the older they were. They were truly at peace with it all. That's how I wanna go out: when I'm ready.

I'm hoping to have a massive heart attack right after spewing semen all over some wonderfully large breasts. If I'm lucky, it'll be about two hours after having a large cheeseburger with cajun fries after a long day at the shooting range with my best buddies.

If the scientists are right, it'll probably be in about 20 years when I'm around 52 years old. That should give my wife ample time to spend the $2,000 death benefit social security will give her.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm hoping to have a massive heart attack right after spewing semen all over some wonderfully large breasts. If I'm lucky, it'll be about two hours after having a large cheeseburger with cajun fries after a long day at the shooting range with my best buddies.

If the scientists are right, it'll probably be in about 20 years when I'm around 52 years old. That should give my wife ample time to spend the $2,000 death benefit social security will give her.

:lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg