zenyouness

Heart broken, case returned to USA after 2 interviews

76 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

:no: The consulate is going to tell her that her file is already gone and that they can take no further action on it. They're famous for that.

OP- The file will take several weeks to reach USCIS, then several months after that to be reviewed. If they need further information at that time, they will send you a letter asking you for it, and then you can send them a rebuttal.

Getting your congressman or senator's office involved prior to that might not be a bad idea. The consulate is much more likely to share information with their offices than with you.

Don't send anything certified express mail to the embassy. Huge waste of money, time and effort-it will likely be sent back to you. That's besides the fact the embassy doesn't handle visa cases in Morocco.

I was in a similar situation back in 2008 when I filed for K-1. Consulate in HCMC didn't believe we had a bona-fide relationship. Said they will return petition to USCIS after interview. HCMC consulate is one of the most difficult consulate for visa interview.

I immediately sent them a letter informing them my fiancee is pregnant with my child. Two weeks later, I received an email saying they will hold my petition and that I might want to conduct DNA test.

If you can give them more convincing evidence of relationship, there's a chance they might reconsider. It's worth a shot. Waiting for them to send it back to USCIS then rebut is going to cost you another year.

You can try to get you senator or congressman to intervene, but all you'll probably get is a letter telling you to co-operate with consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Case won't be return right away. If you have anything that would could prove your relationship or evidence, send it to the embassy asap and ask them to reconsider.

Getting married in just 10 days is a big obstacle.

I think that opportunity is already passed on this case, they had a second interview and case would be returned back.

Whtever damage control needed to happen should had happen at second interview, embassy would not continue re-interviewing the candidate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok got a little bit of more info.... The CO told him the file is being return, whe my hubby asked why? He produced a copy of a email I sent him march 2009 2 years and 3 months ago. We had and argument about different culture, religion just our relationship in general and the CO said it was due to this email that he was returning the file to USA. How do you like them apples?

As previous posters have mentioned it would be hard to fight your case, you guys were married in very short time that you guys knew each other.

You will have to spend some time in his home country to validate the relation is legitimate. You guys had only known each other for only 10 days in person. - Which is extremely short time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was in a similar situation back in 2008 when I filed for K-1. Consulate in HCMC didn't believe we had a bona-fide relationship. Said they will return petition to USCIS after interview. HCMC consulate is one of the most difficult consulate for visa interview.

I immediately sent them a letter informing them my fiancee is pregnant with my child. Two weeks later, I received an email saying they will hold my petition and that I might want to conduct DNA test.

If you can give them more convincing evidence of relationship, there's a chance they might reconsider. It's worth a shot. Waiting for them to send it back to USCIS then rebut is going to cost you another year.

You can try to get you senator or congressman to intervene, but all you'll probably get is a letter telling you to co-operate with consulate.

Your situation involved a pregnant woman, and a different consulate. Casablanca has a record of not giving a #######, that's why I say- there's no keeping that petition at Casablanca. Even if it sits on a desk for weeks before being sent out, they won't touch it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are on a CR1 visa. We met online Sept 13, 2009, met face to face Oct 7, 2009 and were married Sept 18, 2010. One year after intially talking online. We are now at the medical and interview stage, medical June 22, interview June 29. 10 mos after applying for CR1.

Hi,

I would like to know, because it seems that there are three of you who have CR-1 Petitions, how long it was from meeting each other to when you got married? I saw that for one of you it was 8 months, and on the first visit. How about the others?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We are on a CR1 visa. We met online Sept 13, 2009, met face to face Oct 7, 2009 and were married Sept 18, 2010. One year after intially talking online. We are now at the medical and interview stage, medical June 22, interview June 29. 10 mos after applying for CR1.

Congratulations! That is wonderful. Good luck to you!

My question was actually directed at Moroccan petitioners, because the scenario is quite a bit different than for Canada. In the former case, getting married during the first meeting, and not knowing each other even a year online is much more suspect. It even has a warning on the consulate website concerning this. There seemed to be three cases in the past week where CR1s were denied in Casa and I was trying to see if there was a common thread.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Timeline

Ok got a little bit of more info.... The CO told him the file is being return, whe my hubby asked why? He produced a copy of a email I sent him march 2009 2 years and 3 months ago. We had and argument about different culture, religion just our relationship in general and the CO said it was due to this email that he was returning the file to USA. How do you like them apples?

I am very sorry for your pain. I will tell you right now that this Embassy can access any freaking thing they want when it comes to the internet which so many people say ohhhhh they are not allowed to access your accounts online. Wellllll yes they can, and they did my fiance as well, and he was questioned about many online things that we never sent in or had to mention.

I hope you can turn this around with your petition and stay strong and travel to Morocco when you can.

Meeting online isn't an indication of fraud. How many USC's meet online and marry quickly after having long internet relationships? Difference in age? 6 years is not extreme. How many religions are there? It wouldn't be surprising to find 2 people having different religions. I don't know if I would personally marry someone after 10 days, but I can't judge those who do.

But let's just use a past relationship of mine between me a USC and another USC in a state north of me who I met online as an example. He was 7 years older than me. He was atheist, I'm not. We met online. We moved in together after a few times meeting.

And for my husband who is from the UK...we met online as well. He is 9 years older than me. He too is atheist. And although there were plenty of meetings between us and time living together again I can't judge someone marrying sooner.

I think those red flags you stated are presumptuous.

USC

11/10/2007 married

12/17/2007 I-130 1-485 submitted

9/4/2008 AOS interview

1/29/2009 GC

12/15/2010 I-751 sent

5/7/2011 ROC approved

5/11/2011 email stating card production ordered

5/13/2011 approval letter received in mail

5/13/2011 GC sent to wrong address due to system error

5/16/2011 service request opened

5/16/2011 usps tracking number shows card undeliverable

6/13/2011 GC returned to VSC

6/15/2011 case status update shows card was mailed out to correct address

6/17/2011 GC received in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Meeting online isn't an indication of fraud. How many USC's meet online and marry quickly after having long internet relationships? Difference in age? 6 years is not extreme. How many religions are there? It wouldn't be surprising to find 2 people having different religions. I don't know if I would personally marry someone after 10 days, but I can't judge those who do.

But let's just use a past relationship of mine between me a USC and another USC in a state north of me who I met online as an example. He was 7 years older than me. He was atheist, I'm not. We met online. We moved in together after a few times meeting.

And for my husband who is from the UK...we met online as well. He is 9 years older than me. He too is atheist. And although there were plenty of meetings between us and time living together again I can't judge someone marrying sooner.

I think those red flags you stated are presumptuous.

You don't know the Moroccan Consulate. Moroccan culture and norms are completely different than American, British, Canadian or West European. The red flags for one country can be completely different than those of another country. When people state red flags for Morocco, more than likely they have a Moroccan SO and they are going on the norms of that society and for that consulate. It isn't presumptuous.

You can look here on the USCIS website for the warnings: http://morocco.usemb...ance-visas.html

My link

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Sorry. I was responding to this post:

I am not amazed your case was NOT approved.

Red flags:

- Fist face-to-face meeting lasts 10 days during which you get married

- Met online

- Difference in ages (woman being older)

- Difference in religion

Have you only seen your husband ONE time in your life? I mean, this would be pretty strange in any Embassy, but particularly in one high in fraud as Casablanca. As others have suggested, you could move in with your husband and live together as you wait for the case to be returned and evaluated by USCIS. Basically, build a marriage and live together in order to fight back at the Embassy at a later date.

Good luck.

Where he said it would look pretty strange in any Embassy. Really? Meeting online is suspect?

Ah nevermind, I'm reading the link now. Interesting. I wonder though how many people who meet online in the other countries you mentioned are suspected of fraud. There's a lot of online meeting going on everywhere.

Edited by simel1110

USC

11/10/2007 married

9/4/2008 AOS interview

1/29/2009 GC

12/15/2010 I-751 sent

5/7/2011 ROC approved

Quoting:

Often, the marriages end in divorce in the United States when the foreign national acquires legal permanent residence (“green card”) or U.S. citizenship. In some cases, the new U.S. citizen or permanent resident then remarries a wife he had divorced around the same time as he had entered into a relationship with the sponsoring U.S. citizen.

Ok, I get it now. I guess I'm naive but that's a really shitty.

USC

11/10/2007 married

9/4/2008 AOS interview

1/29/2009 GC

12/15/2010 I-751 sent

5/7/2011 ROC approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am afraid so.

Seems like the rate is 75% for Morocco.

Makes the Consulate position more understandable.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.