Donna33

Life in USA turns out Hell to me and my kidS

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Try to find a women and children's shelter in your area to protect you from your abusive husband. I don't think you can send your son in the Philippines that your husband may turn around and sue you for kidnapping. You can ask for legal aid to help you file a divorce and a child support.

You can't kidnap your own child!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

My husband is way to old to me for like 20 years gap,.

I am confused. Before you came to USA he looked young for you. After you came here you find him old? Is that what you are saying?

Go figure

:reading: -enufsaid

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

dependent on the circumstances... there is such a thing as parental abduction when you have issues of custody in a divorce situation

YMMV

Yes, you can be charge for kidnapping your own child. As the father he also has rights to the child. If she does not have full custody and takes him, she can be charge with kidnapping.

Find a women's charity or shelter and get out of this situation. You'll find safty and help. They'll be able to direct you to resourses and charities that will help you solve your problems. I'm sorry you're in this bad situation. Some people don't enter into marriage with the right intensions, and it sounds as if your husband is one of them. Unfortunatly some men who marry a forein national do so because they think their wife will be submissive and put up with more sh** than an american wife. I'm sorry this has happened to you. As an american man I can tell you that there are men who will give you the love and respect you need and DESERVE (and never forget that you deserve both). Take care!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You are in an abusive relationship- the links that Helen provided will help you out. A women's shelter, or even the local YMCA/YWCA, are places where you could talk to someone in person and get some help.

May 2008- L is pushed into jagged rocks by a 12 ft wave while surfing in Chile. K saves her from certain watery death. Performs CPR and secretly enjoys it.

Sept 2008- L returns to the U.S. to finish school.

Dec 2008- K wins a surfing competition, uses prize money to buy L ticket to Chile.

Jan 2009- L visits K in Chile, 5 months pregnant!

April 2009- future world champion of surfing is born

Nov 2010- engaged!

Nov 28, 2010- petition sent

Dec 3, 2010- NOA 1

Dec 10, 2010- touched

May 6, 2011- NOA 2

May 17, 2011- sent to Embassy from NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

OP - so what where your thoughts when you married a USC?

How long had you 2 known each other before deciding to getting married?

I am kinda confused by your comment that he was way too old then what you were expecting - I would think you must have met him before you got married so what changed your views?

After reading your post it seems you were trying to get out of your home country to secure a better future for your children and thats something that made you marry him, without properly knowing him.

OP - so what where your thoughts when you married a USC?

How long had you 2 known each other before deciding to getting married?

I am kinda confused by your comment that he was way too old then what you were expecting - I would think you must have met him before you got married so what changed your views?

After reading your post it seems you were trying to get out of your home country to secure a better future for your children and thats something that made you marry him, without properly knowing him.

I was a bit confused about the age comment as well, however I know that sometimes people can turn into a completly different person when circumtances change. Like when she was in her home country maybe he was always sweet and loving and telling her how great her life in the US was going to be and now that she's here he's changed his tune. Maybe his age didn't bother her before because his sweetness compensated for it, but once the sweetness left she saw it as a problem. These kinds of things happen often, and maybe the OP's husband didn't even know it was going to happen when they got into this situation. Whatever the circumstances there is no reason to stay in an abusive marriage. It's not going to do anything good for the children. She's talking about sending her children back to her home country so obviously she's not trying to acheive battered woman amnesty. It's an unfortunate situation to be in regardless.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; You should seek for legal advice about sending your children back to the Philipines, since it can be taken as kidnapping.

I know the sky is dark above your head, but it can't rain for ever. You have to stay strong and do whatever you think it's best for your children AND you.

Staying with this jerk will not do any good to you nor your children. It's all about living in happiness.

Try to find local organisations that help women in need, they have helped a lot of women like you and I think that would be a good first thing to do. With their help and your strength, you can go from there.

And yes, you should divorce him. If there's so much things you can't do or be, how can you still be yourself?

It's time to move on, and leave this horrible guy in his own horrible little world.

You and your children deserve the best, take actions asap.

Good luck :thumbs:

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Would you have that same strong opinion if she had returned home to find the husband had taken the child to the other side of the country in some undisclosed location?

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry for your situation. If I may be so bold as to suggest that now you are near finishing school, try not to go back to Philippines just yet. If you can get some support and many here have suggested, and can find a community that has Filipino community, or at least many Filipino families (This helped my first wife so much when she first came) so you can have some Filipino friends then I believe you can get a job in the field you schooled for and stand on your own two feet and take care of your children yourself. Yes, that will be tough but you can do it and will find it so liberating and rewarding as well. Don;t take liberties with your son because his father can and probably will make trouble. But if you get a good lawyer you will get custody and then by law and what is decreed his contact will be limited. Do not take your son out of the state without getting legal advice first.

Try to make returning to the Philippines your last resort. Not that there's anything wrong with that as I know ou would be happy with your kids there, but if you can, try to make the best of this opportunity you have being here already in the USA especially since you have schooling in a trade now.

God bless you and your kids in this matter and I pray it all works out for the best.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I was a bit confused about the age comment as well, however I know that sometimes people can turn into a completly different person when circumtances change. Like when she was in her home country maybe he was always sweet and loving and telling her how great her life in the US was going to be and now that she's here he's changed his tune. Maybe his age didn't bother her before because his sweetness compensated for it, but once the sweetness left she saw it as a problem. These kinds of things happen often, and maybe the OP's husband didn't even know it was going to happen when they got into this situation. Whatever the circumstances there is no reason to stay in an abusive marriage. It's not going to do anything good for the children. She's talking about sending her children back to her home country so obviously she's not trying to acheive battered woman amnesty. It's an unfortunate situation to be in regardless.

I am never asking to stay in abusive relation, and I am also aware that when ppl are dating they can be sweet and later turn into a abusive person.

Now that can go on both the sides, either her husband was really nice nice to start and was looking for like a mail order bride who would come to US and would cook, clean and look after his house.

OR

The OP was aware her husband was abusive and yet was just looking for someone who could get her and her kids out of her home country into US.

The thing that annoys me most is when ppl start blaming the other person for all the fault without knowing the complete story.

Thats the reason I was asking OP for how long she had known her husband ahd why they deiced to marry etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.