one...two...tree

24 Explicit Lies Rep. Weiner Told Over the Course of the 10 Day Weinergate Scandal

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rep. Anthony Weiner finally confessed Monday that he had "not been honest" about that crotch-shot tweet that we know now was the real Weiner: "This was a picture of me, and I sent it." How dramatic a turnaround was this admission? Count along with us as we add up 24 particularly bold claims from the Congressmen over the course of the 10-day scandal:

Several hours after the crotch-shot tweet was sent -- at 12:54 a.m. ET on Saturday, May 28 -- @RepWeiner tweeted:

Tivo shot. FB hacked.
[1]
Is my blender gonna attack me next? #TheToasterIsVeryLoyal.

At 5:08 p.m. ET on Saturday, May 28, Weiner tweeted:

Touche Prof Moriarity. More Weiner Jokes for all my guests! #Hacked!
[2]

At around 7 p.m. ET on Monday, May 30, CNN ran Weiner's first televised statement following the Friday night tweet.

This is a prank
[3]
-- not a terribly creative one -- and it's a distraction. I was hacked.
[4]
It happens to people; you move on.

On Tuesday, May 31, Weiner's spokesman wrote the following in an e-mail to the Daily Caller:

We've retained counsel to explore the proper next steps and to advise us on what civil or criminal actions should be taken. This was a prank.
[5]
We are loath to treat it as more, but we are relying on professional advice.

Also on Tuesday, Weiner gave a seven-minute press conference in Washington, in which he repeatedly refused to answer reporters who asked whether or not he had sent the offending tweet. Instead of giving a yes or no answer, he rambled:

This was a prank
[6]
that I’ve now been talking about for a couple of days. I’m not going to allow it to decide what I talk about for the next week or the next two weeks, and so I’m not going to be giving anything more about that today. I think I’ve been pretty responsive to you in the past. ... If I were giving a speech to 45,000 people and someone in the back of the room threw a pie or yelled out an insult, I would not spend the next two hours of my speech responding to that pie or that insult. I would return to what I want to talk about to the audience that I want to talk to.

In an

with MSNBC's Luke Russert on Wednesday, June 1, Weiner said categorically that he had not sent the obscene Twitter picture. "I didn't send that picture out,"[7] he insisted, adding:

We don't know for sure what happened here
[8]
. ... This is a circumstance where someone committed a prank on the internet
[9]
, spoofed me
[10],
made fun of me
[11],
whatever
[12]
. We’re taking it seriously in as much as we want to make sure it doesn’t happen again
[13]
. ... It is not a national security thing -- I’m not sure I want to put national federal resources into trying to figure out who posted a picture on Weiner’s website
[14]
of whatever. I’m not really sure it rises, no pun intended, to that level.

When asked if the photo was a picture of him, however, he replied with the now-famous words: "I can't say with certitude." [15]

In another interview on Wednesday -- this time with CNN's Wolf Blitzer -- Weiner repeated the assertion that he had not tweeted the photograph. Blitzer questioned Weiner's earlier claim that he couldn't "tell with certitude" [16] whether or not he was in the photograph, demanding of the senator: "You would know if this was your underpants, for example." Weiner replied:

It certainly doesn't look familiar to me
[17]...
I didn't send any Twitter picture
[18]
. ... I was literally there tweeting about hockey, and I see this thing pop up. I immediately delete it.

In a final televised interview Wednesday, Weiner again claimed -- this time to MSNBC's Rachel Maddow -- that he didn't send the picture, and didn't know who did or "what they intended to do":

It seems like what happened was someone somehow got access to my Twitter account
[19]
and tweeted a joke
[20]
, I guess. You know, when your name is Weiner, you get some of those sometimes. ... I didn't send the picture
[21]
; I don't know who did and what they intended to do
[22]
. ... What this appears to be is probably what it is: someone making fun of my name, someone trying to cause trouble for me
[23]
. ... It's a much more successful hack
[24]
than I think anyone who did it could have even imagined, because it's gotten so much oxygen.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

The election is next year.

Weiner lied and nobody died...let the voters decide.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Why would a politician step down for lying?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

(unfortunately) valid point :P

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I would say, when politicians do these types of brazen and public acts, they not only hurt themselves but they drag down the little faith we have in our system as a whole.

To those who say it is his "private" life.... I say....

-it's your private life as long as you can keep it that way.

-These folks have to be held to a high standard, they are entrusted with huge amounts of money and the power to control other peoples liberty.... they are not plumbers, because of the nature of their job the

first qualification for the job is Character.

I find it hard to believe a person who could screw over their spouse in such a public way would genuinely hold in high regard concerned for "The people", whom he has never met.

------------------

Whether he should be made to resign or simply face censure is debatable.... but to people who act as if this is a "non-issue", I say you there by lower the bar as to what is acceptable.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

I would say, when politicians do these types of brazen and public acts, they not only hurt themselves but they drag down the little faith we have in our system as a whole.

To those who say it is his "private" life.... I say....

-it's your private life as long as you can keep it that way.

-These folks have to be held to a high standard, they are entrusted with huge amounts of money and the power to control other peoples liberty.... they are not plumbers, because of the nature of their job the

first qualification for the job is Character.

I find it hard to believe a person who could screw over their spouse in such a public way would genuinely hold in high regard concerned for "The people", whom he has never met.

------------------

Whether he should be made to resign or simply face censure is debatable.... but to people who act as if this is a "non-issue", I say you there by lower the bar as to what is acceptable.

At least from this episode, we know that Weiner is actually a Democrat. Had he been a republican, he undoubtedly would have followed the lead of his conservative brethren, Congressmen Foley and Craig and sent the pics to men. :lol:

Indy.gif

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

-These folks have to be held to a high standard, they are entrusted with huge amounts of money and the power to control other peoples liberty.... they are not plumbers, because of the nature of their job the first qualification for the job is Character.

------------------

plumbers need to have a good character ... or else you'd be in deep "stuff" when things go wrong.

plumbers vs many politicians .... ever consider than more licensed plumbers have a higher character standard than politicians?

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Except for Nixon's plumbers. B-)

plumbers need to have a good character ... or else you'd be in deep "stuff" when things go wrong.

plumbers vs many politicians .... ever consider than more licensed plumbers have a higher character standard than politicians?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good point. We'd be out of politicians if that was the standard.

:thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!