88 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

He actually quoted the posts for you. Perhaps YOU need to read again.

This has nothing to do with the topic, but I just wanted to say I am actually a female and the Kay part of Jay-Kay.

It was the only other comment I wanted to make here. This thread is like banging your head into a brick wall, and it gave me a headache.

Good luck to the OP! I hope your petition gets approved with no RFE, if that is the route you actually take. It should be encouraging to see someone post here that their petition was approved without sending photos of them together.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hindi... Means NO. The Petitioner has'nt even Filed the Application yet. That proof of 8 prior visits is just better Proof of a relationship IF THE PETITIONER Goes Back again. An American Passport goes back 10 years. Jim is Not wrong and you are a bit confused if the Petitioner goes back and gets proof.

My suggestion is to File the 129-F (Hopefully Complete) without pictures, though not required will give them a 4 to 5 month jumpstart on the awaiting of the NOA2. Then, assuming the Petitioner has pictures at the Interview (7 to 8 Months down the road) For her. And all the reciepts, etc, etc, for that visit. the requirements are meet.

Assume the NOA2 takes 5 months. Then, all the other things involved. It will be 7 to 10 months before the interview.

I suggest Filing the 129-F Now and make plans to Catch a Plane.

NO PETITION HAS EVEN BEEN FILED YET

Of course. We ALL know that. Now please tell me again what it is we are still debating and why? headbonk.gif

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Tim,

Yes, I know what the topic is, thank you for your not so kind reminder. Do you remember that you posed a new question in this thread - asking how many of you submitted your I-129F without [p]hotos? We sent a couple. A couple indicates two. So, I would be a tally in the column of petitioners who did include photos, Sam357 would be a tally in the other column of petitioners who did not include photos.

Sam357 -- thank you for sharing - it is encouraging and I for one appreciate it, even though I sent pictures it is not as many as is probably "normal" and has me a little nervous. Good luck with the interview, I hope you may attend with your lady.

googled... no words for you... :rofl:

pushbrk has it exactly right. If the petition is filed now and no RFE, awesome - in the clear and hello Embassy. If the petition is filed now and a RFE is issued for photos any photos submitted taken after the date the I-129F was filed will be material misrepresentation. I would take the chance and file now. If you receive an RFE, be honest in your reply - you may get by. We are all human and an adjudicator may be reasonable and understanding. If you get stuck between a rock and a hard place then you are only out the petition fee of $340 as you'd be making the trip to see your love regardless - so that doesn't quantify as an additional expense.

Not TRUE. The pictures are generally taken BEFORE the 129-F Petition. Not after. 2 YEARS BACK. . No Petition has been Filed Yet, and as stated: Not Required in the 129-F. The Petition can state documentation of Passport evidence from 8 visits previously. Then submit new evidence of a New Visit with appropriate Documentation.

It is totally legal and not a misinterpitation to apply for a K-1 at this point if the petitioner is going back to gather evidence. IF his eveidence is less than 2 years old on his Passport it shows he was in the Philipphines, what he lacks is proof of pictures. He can apply now since pictures are not required at this point. During the wait: Go back to the Phils and get proof.

Lumpy Oatmeal Makes You Crazy!

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

1. i have seen her more than 8 times since 2009 but we do not have pictures together but we do have pics of each of us in same room so u see every thing is same in back ground,

but do have phone records, many plane stubs and copy of passport will that be enough as she is from the Philippines.

More than 8 times and NO photos together? :o:blink: That's kinda bizarre...

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Before I filed I had a problem similar to yours. We had plenty of picture together, but in them we were not wearing any clothing whatsoever. I spent many hours carefully drawing shirts and pants on each of us. And the beach pictures were another issue. I was able to get the Bikini looking nice on her, but I tried and tried to get that Speedo to look good on me. I just could not pull it off. So I had to settle for trunks. Darn those extra chili dawgs.

:lol::rofl:

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Not 1 pic together in 8 visits?

They apparently hate pictures? :lol:

You've been with her 8 times and not even a single photo of you together??That's kinda weird.

They were busy playing hide and seek, that's why no photos....:lol:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

(procrastinated)
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)

I mean what comes straight to my mind is that if you met so many times why do you have no pics together, that seems kind of strange. So I imagine the same thought would come up in the adjucators mind.

:thumbs::yes:

(procrastinated)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:pop:

My 2 cents is this, if you want to ensure a CO looks at evidence that you want a CO to see, submit it at the beginning with the initial petition. I have read many posts regarding CO's not taking evidence at the interview. With that being said, I cannot predict what an individual CO will do at an interview, they may ask to see evidence, they may not.

:pop:

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

To the OP: I'm confused. You've been reading this board for over a year, and in the last 2 years you've had 18 visits to the Phillipines and you are asking about photos. I realized there is a debate here on whether you need them or not, but why even risk something that is up for debate and simply snap a few shots on one of the 18 trips (you said 8 and 18 so not sure which one it is). Afterall, 18 trips in 2 years means you are there about every 6 weeks or less. Which brings me to my next question. Your fiance is sending you her passport photo? Really? You are there every 6 weeks, and at some point you asked her to marry you. Why didn't you bring her photo back with you on one of your trips? If I was a CO and I knew what we all know I would say this is extremely fishy. I mean, 18 trips in 2 years.. no photos, you didn't bring her passport photo back with you, you've read this board for over a year on what you need... and now you are in such a rush to get your paperwork in. At this rate you go visit her, you'll see her in less than 6 weeks, why not take a few pics, go together and get her passport photo and do it all the right way. All I can assume the fact that you have no pics, did not bring her passport photo back with you, and you've read this board for a year is you must have out of the blue proposed to her recently over the phone or internet... which that in itself just seems strange for someone who has visited her 18 times in 2 years.

Good luck to you. IMO your case has redflags written all over it.

Edited by Ready to do it

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You still don't get it. Jim isn't agreeing with you. He's recommending the OP wait and file the petition after the next trip. Photos taken after the petition is filed are not evidence of meeting BEFORE the petition is filed. If he files now, he'll have no photo evidence of meeting prior to filing now OR later. If he takes photos later and submits them as evidence of meeting PRIOR to filing the petition, he'll be committing a material misrepresentation. How is it possible you don't understand this?

I disagree with Jim, and would recommend filing with a passport copy showing 8 visits to the PI along with whatever boarding passes and receipts he has.

I get where Jim is coming from, but I have access to significant information that comes from sources other than VJ members' posts and as such, consider it highly unlikely that this petitioner will have any issues related to photos during the petition approval process. If this were Vietnam, a MENA country or Nigeria, and there was only one or two short visits prior to filing, my recommendation would be different but only given the OP visits often anyway.

I happily concede you have a lot more "hands on" experience than I do. My opinion is based solely on what I've read on the internet. FWIW, my opinion would be the same for most high fraud countries, since I don't think USCIS is more likely to question the petitioner's eligibility in those cases. My opinion would be more strongly stated if the beneficiary were from Cuba, Iran, North Korea, or some other country where a face-to-face meeting is more difficult to arrange.

Not TRUE. The pictures are generally taken BEFORE the 129-F Petition. Not after. 2 YEARS BACK. . No Petition has been Filed Yet, and as stated: Not Required in the 129-F. The Petition can state documentation of Passport evidence from 8 visits previously. Then submit new evidence of a New Visit with appropriate Documentation.

It is totally legal and not a misinterpitation to apply for a K-1 at this point if the petitioner is going back to gather evidence. IF his eveidence is less than 2 years old on his Passport it shows he was in the Philipphines, what he lacks is proof of pictures. He can apply now since pictures are not required at this point. During the wait: Go back to the Phils and get proof.

Lumpy Oatmeal Makes You Crazy!

On this point I agree entirely with pushbrk. You have to prove you meet the requirement when the petition is filed. If they send an RFE for further proof then that proof must also have existed when the petition is filed. If you send evidence that came into existence after the petition is filed then they'll deny the petition and tell you to refile. This would be no different from filing a petition before your divorce was final, and responding to an RFE with a divorce decree which was granted after the petition was filed. The evidence you produce in response to an RFE must prove you were eligible when the petition was filed, and not simply when you responded to the RFE.

Edited by JimVaPhuong

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

I don't care if someone here can quote 500 pages of the USCIS employee training manual about giving a pass or fail to an immigration application or interview. It won't change the BIAS involved in the HUMAN process involved in the decision.

The fact is, 9 of 10 applications or people seen for an interview approval or fail decision WILL probably have pics together being a real couple, laughing, and smiling and loving.

Do you want to risk being the 1 of 10 applicants being the odd-man-out having NO FOTOS and having to explain that to the HUMAN in front of you tasked with giving you a pass or fail in having a life together with your true love?

The intangible often over rules the tangible AND employee training manuals (and strongly stubborn and opinionated posters). :whistle:

Peace.

1-39.jpg

Edited by Boing!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank u for all the replys cant we all just get along LOL

ok i will clear a few things up 1st of all yes i have been seeing her for many years dating

no i do not like pics and im sure there are other people that feel the same.

2nd of all no this was not planned just asked her to marry me after my last trip after i was already home, back here in the states so non of this was planned just happened, as i have been married before and never planned to get married again.

i will have to agree with a few people who have posted on here and no where does it say pictures are a primary requirement

so yes i will be sumitting my i-129f before i go back to visit and of coarse will have plenty pics on my next trip

as i many receipts bank receipts from in pi and yes 8 visits with in the 2 year required time frame. plane tickets lots and much more over the 2 year required time frame i do appricate all the comments just not all the fighting over a simple question about pictures :)

Thank You for all that understand my situation and gave good feedback

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.