Total scam ...my fiance got one also and she never entered lottery

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

even before getting to the western union part, it's clearly a scam because even if you entered the lottery, until you go to the consulate for the interview and come out with a stamp in your passport, no green card is granted. you could still be denied at the interview. Don't send them a dime.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations, you've won ! Dear ola kevin ,Congratulations ! You are among those randomly selected and registered for further consideration in the diversity immigrant program. Selection guarantees thatyou will receive a United States Permanent Resident Card(also known as Green Card or Diversity Visa) only if you follow the instructions for further processing.Acceptance Date:Sunday 17th of April 2011 05:46:24 PM Winner Name:ola kevin james Country of Birth:Nigeria Phone Number8574-40581 / -- Fees:Type of Residence CardStatusAmount (per person) United States Permanent Resident CardGranted! - Waiting for payment of processing fee$880 Processing feesIncluded Total$880 INSTRUCTIONS Please read and follow all the instructions very carefully. With the Diversity Visa (also known as Green Card) you will enjoy all the advantages and benefits of a US permanent resident, including health and education benefits, and employment opportunities along with guidance in your new country, orientation sessions and programs to integrate into mainstream American society. Once received you can use it at any time you want to move in the United States or just travel. The visa must be renewed after 10 years.Although you will have all the rights that a U.S. citizen has in the United States, without a relative or friend in the United States you may find the relocation difficult and expensive due the lack of experience in the American society. Therefore the U.S. Government helps you with the accommodation and offers you along with each visa Health Insurance (Freedom HSA Direct Individual Health insurance for 1 year), Dwelling(Apartment in any city you prefer, 1 bedroom for 3 months ), a guaranteed job(in the field that you are are currently qualified so you can start working even from the first week you arrive in the United States and get paid as U.S citizen. ) and education (for U.S. Students or Higher Education through EducationUSA. It includes transfer to a U.S college or Univeristy so you can continue your educational study. More details can be found at http://educationusa.state.gov/ .) We remind you that only the visa processing fee ($880) is mandatory and the visa is guaranteed upon receiving the payment.Accompanying family members(wife/husband, fiancee, brothers, sisters, children, cousins) may be included in the program and their visas will be provided at the same time with yours so you can travel/move together in the same time. However the fees must be paid per person and each member(e.g wife, brother, parents, children, cousin) must pay $880. There is no discount for children.Visa Payment processing instructions The fees must be paid using Western Union money transfer and will be processed by the U.S. embassy in the United Kingdom. Western Union is a leading provider of International person-to-person money transfer. With more than 150 years experience and 245,000 Agent locations in over 200 countries and territories, Western Union is recognized for sending money quickly, reliably, and safety.You can send the payment in U.S. dollars or equivalent of your local currency.Click on the following link to find the nearest Western Union agency and send the fees payment :Find Western Union

AgencyIf you are unable to find a Western Union agency near your location, you may ask a relative or friend to pay the fee on your behalf.After you find a Western Union agency you need to go with cash money, an identity card(e.g passport or national identity card) and send the payment to the U.S. embassy agent address in United Kingdom:Name : Donald LoganAddress: 24 Grosvenor SquareLondon, W1A 2LQUnited Kingdom

Do a google search & you will see these people run 419 scams all the time. This is just one variation done under this name.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

there are many things in there that say scam, apartment in your city of choice, health insurance, guidance etc Clearly anytime someone is asking for money it is a scam

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

07/25/11 Still waiting for Visa to be received

08/04/11 POE at Orlando International

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Sent AOS,EAD & AP in same package 3/19/2012

Package Tracking Shows it was received 3/21/2012

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Received EAD & AP May 28 2012

Received 2yr green card Sept 15 2012

Scam and sadly probably from a fellow Nigerian. The bad ones don't even respect their brothers in their greed.

Is it just me or do a majority of such scams originate in Nigeria and why? They have such an abundance of friendly bankers down their I know, but...? :unsure:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Scam!!! i received this email 2 months ago and i told my fiancee'. At first he wanted to report it but because were filing for K1 visa so we just ignored that email and delete from my inbox. :angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is it just me or do a majority of such scams originate in Nigeria and why? They have such an abundance of friendly bankers down their I know, but...? :unsure:

At some level scamming is cultural, they enjoy pulling the wool over someones eyes. The government is kind of disorganized and they don't have the manpower to chase these people down. The unemployment rate runs about 30% and the averege income about 2000 USD so the lazy and bad element turn to scamming

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

It is a scam and I recently got a similar email, even featuring an imaginary British name and displaying the real address of the London Embassy - scary!!! :huh:

However, an email which:

1) asks you to send money through Western Union (why would the US government ask you to pay them through Western Union? They have their own systems for collecting payments, they never go through agencies)

2) claims that the US government will offer you FREE HEALTH INSURANCE, FREE ACCOMMODATION and A GUARANTEED JOB (never happened, never happens, never going to happen)

3) claims that the visa is guaranteed even BEFORE the interview (this never happens, no visa is ever guaranteed until you've had a successful interview)

and you're still wondering IF it is a scam?? Wake up my friend!!! :lol:

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is a scam and I recently got a similar email, even featuring an imaginary British name and displaying the real address of the London Embassy - scary!!! :huh:

However, an email which:

1) asks you to send money through Western Union (why would the US government ask you to pay them through Western Union? They have their own systems for collecting payments, they never go through agencies)

2) claims that the US government will offer you FREE HEALTH INSURANCE, FREE ACCOMMODATION and A GUARANTEED JOB (never happened, never happens, never going to happen)

3) claims that the visa is guaranteed even BEFORE the interview (this never happens, no visa is ever guaranteed until you've had a successful interview)

and you're still wondering IF it is a scam?? Wake up my friend!!! :lol:

:rofl:... The US doesnt even provide this for it's own citizens... :rofl:

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

you've been Scammed- gosh these criminals are getting sophisticated. AVOID BY EVERYMEANS POSSIBLE any dealings with WESTERN UNION or DONALD LOGAN, and no disrespect Lapsthedon, but Nigeria is also a hotbed for scams of this sort.

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Filed: Timeline

I got one too, even though I already have my green card and it is to an email I never used with my USCIS paperwork. My email is from a Christopher Kelly and the email address is not a .gov one.

Where did they get my name, phone number and country of birth from?

I have seen a lot of these did someone hack and the courier or the embassy and get some data?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.