PreciousOne

please help we got RFE!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

we just received our rfe thru mail....pls please help us and give s your opinion or idea regarding our rfe pls.

1.LETTER OF INTENT - are we going to notarized it or just the original signature?

2.PROOF OF MEETING THE LAST 2YRS - what are the evidences that were gonna submit on this?

3. DIVORCE PAPER INCOMPLETE(only the first and last pages was submitted) - what is this???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we just received our rfe thru mail....pls please help us and give s your opinion or idea regarding our rfe pls.

1.LETTER OF INTENT - are we going to notarized it or just the original signature is ok?

2.PROOF OF MEETING THE LAST 2YRS - what are the evidences that were gonna submit on this? pics, letters, few chatlogs, call logs, text's, plane tickets, iterinary, bank transcations, remittances, cards, gifts receipts, anything you got that proves you have met in person and an on going relationship

3. DIVORCE PAPER INCOMPLETE(only the first and last pages was submitted) - what is this??? the complete divorce decree with seal from the court

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Letters of intent don't need to be notarized - just sign yours and have your fiance/e sign his/hers.

Proof of meeting in the last 2 years is best shown by providing airline boarding passes AND passport stamps. Any documentation that has both of your names on it at a said place, date and time may also help. Emails, letters, chats, pictures, etc are not considered primary evidence of having met in person (they may show proof of ongoing relationship, but USCIS doesn't do anything with this). Your strongest proof will be boarding passes and passport stamps.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1.LETTER OF INTENT - are we going to notarized it or just the original signature?

2.PROOF OF MEETING THE LAST 2YRS - what are the evidences that were gonna submit on this?

3. DIVORCE PAPER INCOMPLETE(only the first and last pages was submitted) - what is this???

1. Original signature from the both of you is sufficient

2. What m+p said

3. How many pages is the document? From what USCIS is saying, they think there is more to the document than two pages.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2.PROOF OF MEETING THE LAST 2YRS - what are the evidences that were gonna submit on this? pics' date=' letters, few chatlogs, call logs, text's, plane tickets, iterinary, bank transcations, remittances, cards, gifts receipts, anything you got that proves you have met in person and an on going relationship[/b']

Just to be clear, anything that doesn't help to support the claim that you met, face-to-face, at some point within two years before filing the petition, is not going to be useful in responding to the RFE. Examples you provided of evidence which does not help prove this are letters, chatlogs, call logs, text's, remittances, and cards. People do not use any of these forms of correspondence unless they are physically apart from each other, which is the opposite of what you have to prove to USCIS.

Providing an itinerary might be marginally useful if you feel the need to explain your schedule to USCIS, but it's not really useful as evidence you've physically met. The reason is because you can produce a very authentic itinerary on any travel website without actually booking any tickets or traveling anywhere.

Primary evidence is proof that you've traveled - airline boarding passes, visas, passport stamps. Receipts are useful if they are identifiable, and place you in the destination country in the correct time frame - credit card, ATM, hotel receipts, etc. Secondary evidence is proof you and your fiancee were together during the trip - photos, receipts or ticket stubs for activities together, etc.

Providing the other evidence you mentioned is fine if your intention is to frontload the petition with relationship evidence, but it won't help make the case that you've met within the past two years. Focus on meeting that requirement first since that's what's needed to get the petition approved.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Exactly what JimVaPhuong said. Don't bother submitting chatlogs and emails. Don't get me wrong - my fiance and I put a bunch of it in there but looking back it'll just "confuse" them more than do good since you're trying to establish proof of meeting in person. Stamps in passports place you in the same country. Using creditcards in same town/area, receipts placing you at the same location. Dated pictures of you together will support primary evidence.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

The only thing I would add here is regarding your 3rd question, “DIVORCE PAPER INCOMPLETE?” In most cases, divorce paperwork has a last page referred to as the “Judgment.” I recommend that you send either the complete set of divorce papers or the “Judgment” page, AND MAKE CERTAIN THAT YOU ARE SENDING CERTIFIED COPIES! Many have deliberated as to whether or not divorce papers should be certified. Any paperwork that I deemed had a “legal” reference I sent certified copies within our K-1 packet. Hang in there and continue through this small snag. (Smile)

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

The only thing I would add here is regarding your 3rd question, “DIVORCE PAPER INCOMPLETE?” In most cases, divorce paperwork has a last page referred to as the “Judgment.” I recommend that you send either the complete set of divorce papers or the “Judgment” page, AND MAKE CERTAIN THAT YOU ARE SENDING CERTIFIED COPIES! Many have deliberated as to whether or not divorce papers should be certified. Any paperwork that I deemed had a “legal” reference I sent certified copies within our K-1 packet. Hang in there and continue through this small snag. (Smile)

:thumbs: It never hurts to have certified copies.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You do not need certified copies. As someone quote me:

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

See link below:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

K1 PROCESS:

11/1/10: NOA1 Received

4/14/11: NOA2 - Approved!!!!

8/18/11: Visa in hand

8/29/11: POE in ATLANTA!!!!

9/16/11: Married!!!

AOS PROCESS:

10/4/11: Social Security Card Arrived!

11/10/11: AOS Package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

11/19/11: NOA1

12/2/11: Biometrics

12/10/11: Case transferred to the California Service Center

03/06/12: EAD approved and card production!

03/14/12: EAD card in hand!

08/04/12: Green card in production!

08/09/12: Green card in hand!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

sounds like fun.

for number 3: they are asking for certified copies now. They want proof.

For number 2: the want certified/ notoraized copies of the boarding passes, passport, recipts, bank statments, etc. The copies need to be certified now. this is anything and EVERYTHING you have, can get ahold of , or can find to show your trip over there.

For number 1: Letter of intent: certified showing letter. signatures.

With an RFE: it is request for evidence. ORIGINALS or CERTIFIED copies ONLY. This is the sticking point. Just submitting evidence again will not work. Everything you send back now must be certified. Treat this as an inspection of Orginal documentation. Something tripped them, or you were selected for verification of process.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

sounds like fun.

for number 3: they are asking for certified copies now. They want proof.

For number 2: the want certified/ notoraized copies of the boarding passes, passport, recipts, bank statments, etc. The copies need to be certified now. this is anything and EVERYTHING you have, can get ahold of , or can find to show your trip over there.

For number 1: Letter of intent: certified showing letter. signatures.

With an RFE: it is request for evidence. ORIGINALS or CERTIFIED copies ONLY. This is the sticking point. Just submitting evidence again will not work. Everything you send back now must be certified. Treat this as an inspection of Orginal documentation. Something tripped them, or you were selected for verification of process.

What is a "CERTIFIED" copy? Does that mean they want our ORIGINALS now??? So what if they "accidentally" lose our originals? Then I have no evidence... I thought it was copies were fine at first, then at the interview they want to see the originals? I was planning to keep my originals until I go back there to bring her over here... I do not want to take the chance of losing any of my original evidence.

PS. I don't have my boarding pass. I always leave those in the magazine pocket on the planes. When I flew over there and back, I didn't know I would need them, as I was just visiting a friend at that point. It was a few months after I returned that we realized we really liked each other more than friends... That's when I found this site. So those boarding passes were probably trashed like every other pass I've ever had. I DO however have my passport stamped, as well as some receipts that I stuffed in my bag so as not to contribute to the litter over there. And our pictures.... So I sent copies of all of that; then I front-loaded with 9 years worth of correspondence, receipts for adding "load" to her phone, the few money transfers from when she's been desperate... Is all of that enough to not get a RFE?

06/20/2002 - Introduced through her Aunt
07/05/2002 - Correspondence begins and continues for years; friendship and feelings slowly but surely grow stronger.
05/12/2009 - Met in Philippines! Stayed for two weeks and had a great time. Can't wait to go back!
10/11/2009 - She said YES! (became engaged)

USCIS
10/29/2010 - Mailed I-129F
11/08/2010 - Check cashed
11/11/2010 - Received NOA1 dated 11/05/2010 (My case landed in Vermont - #######!)
11/15/2010 - Touched
04/05/2011 - It's been 5 months and not a peep from USCIS/VSC :-(
04/19/2011 - Touched/Text Message and Email this AM (APPROVED!)
04/22/2011 - Hard copy NOA2 received (166 days)

US Embassy
(All dates are Philippines dates)
05/20/2011 - Birth Certificate error cleared up
06/03/2011 - Fiancee waiting for her Passport
06/03/2011 - Not a peep from the Embassy (Manila)
07/21/2011 - Passport obtained
07/22/2011 - Interview scheduled 8/4
08/01/2011 - Fiancee and family on first flight EVER, to Manila
08/02/2011 - Medical
08/03/2011 - Medical (Passed, no concerns)
08/04/2011 - Interview! Passed! (they think)
08/24/2011 - Received Embassy email indicating fiance's visa has been issued!
08/31/2011 - 09/13/2011 Philippines Vacation!
09/14/2011 - Arrived together in Dallas, TX!

11/11/2011 - Married!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What is a "CERTIFIED" copy? Does that mean they want our ORIGINALS now??? So what if they "accidentally" lose our originals? Then I have no evidence... I thought it was copies were fine at first, then at the interview they want to see the originals? I was planning to keep my originals until I go back there to bring her over here... I do not want to take the chance of losing any of my original evidence.

PS. I don't have my boarding pass. I always leave those in the magazine pocket on the planes. When I flew over there and back, I didn't know I would need them, as I was just visiting a friend at that point. It was a few months after I returned that we realized we really liked each other more than friends... That's when I found this site. So those boarding passes were probably trashed like every other pass I've ever had. I DO however have my passport stamped, as well as some receipts that I stuffed in my bag so as not to contribute to the litter over there. And our pictures.... So I sent copies of all of that; then I front-loaded with 9 years worth of correspondence, receipts for adding "load" to her phone, the few money transfers from when she's been desperate... Is all of that enough to not get a RFE?

Check out the discussion on the RFE issue in this article;

http://www.ilw.com/immigrationdaily/news/2011,0412-uscis.pdf

They may be issuing more extensive RFE that will help carry you through the consular stage. Seems like a pain might help you though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.