PreciousOne

please help we got RFE!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

what you do is make copies of what you have, then take to your bank and get notarized that it is an EXACT copy of the original. As for boarding passes, you should always keep those. live and learn I guess. Look and see if you have the baggage claim tickets, bag tags from the airlines. Also, get a receipt from the airline, or contact the airline for a record of your flights and times. Also, print out a copy of your receipt, plus a copy of your bank statement showing the payment for the trip. Now I know why you got an RFE. No boarding passes, no clear evidnce of meeting. They want to verify completely and need certified" (aka notarized) copies of evidence you actually went there and are free to marry. Wait to get her NBI and cenomar until two weeks or so before going to the meabassy, get it as close to the embassy date as possible. You are going to have questions. Also, I would strongly strongly advise you to be at the embassy during her interview. You face conditions on the visa and possible denial if you are not there, One simple thing of not keeping boarding passes is going to cause you a lot of grief. Just be prepared to accept it. You raised a flag being out of normal. this is why you got the RFE. Find everything you can. You are really going to need to show proof. think of it as show me clearly, consisely, completely you went there. Your passport is your safest thing to show, as well as any payment for airline ticketes, and something from the airline showing you were actually on the flights, as well as bacnk statments, hotel statements, receipts for meals, taxis, bus, etc. Boarding passes are like gold in this process. Now you have to show with mountains of other evidence you went. Your sworn statement is not enough. think of it this way, you are proving you are guilty beyond a shadow of ANY doubt.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

what you do is make copies of what you have, then take to your bank and get notarized that it is an EXACT copy of the original. As for boarding passes, you should always keep those. live and learn I guess. Look and see if you have the baggage claim tickets, bag tags from the airlines. Also, get a receipt from the airline, or contact the airline for a record of your flights and times. Also, print out a copy of your receipt, plus a copy of your bank statement showing the payment for the trip. Now I know why you got an RFE. No boarding passes, no clear evidnce of meeting. They want to verify completely and need certified" (aka notarized) copies of evidence you actually went there and are free to marry. Wait to get her NBI and cenomar until two weeks or so before going to the meabassy, get it as close to the embassy date as possible. You are going to have questions. Also, I would strongly strongly advise you to be at the embassy during her interview. You face conditions on the visa and possible denial if you are not there, One simple thing of not keeping boarding passes is going to cause you a lot of grief. Just be prepared to accept it. You raised a flag being out of normal. this is why you got the RFE. Find everything you can. You are really going to need to show proof. think of it as show me clearly, consisely, completely you went there. Your passport is your safest thing to show, as well as any payment for airline ticketes, and something from the airline showing you were actually on the flights, as well as bacnk statments, hotel statements, receipts for meals, taxis, bus, etc. Boarding passes are like gold in this process. Now you have to show with mountains of other evidence you went. Your sworn statement is not enough. think of it this way, you are proving you are guilty beyond a shadow of ANY doubt.

I believe boarding passes prove nothing other than you had a flight to that country, something the passport entry and exit stamps will show beyond a doubt. If the dates on the passport match the time frame, and you can show photos of you two together, preferably dated, maybe hotel reciepts and credit cards for the airline tickets, hotel stay, all that will prove you were there.. The photos prove you were with her. I think if you write a brief explanation about the boarding passes being trashed, it will be clear enough with the other stuff to get it thru.

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

04-13-10 visit for 21 days in Philippines

08-14-10 visit for 3 months in Philippines

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

05-11-11 Received at NVC, case number assigned

05-13-11 Left NVC to the USEM

06-01-11 Set up interview with embassy

07-21-11 Approved!... with an additional document she needs to aquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHEKx6afFw

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There are 17 US states where a notary public is not authorized to certify copies of documents, and 14 other states that impose severe restrictions on what sort of documents a notary may certify as a true copy. It would be ludicrous for USCIS to require copies of unofficial documents, like boarding passes, to be certified when a substantial number of customers would have to go to another state to find a notary authorized to make the certification.

In California, the state where I live, a notary can only certify copies of power of attorney statements, and notarial journal pages. They could not certify a copy of a boarding pass, or any other non-official document. The state does not grant them that authority.

The level of proof required by USCIS is "preponderance of evidence", e.g., more likely than not. You don't have to prove anything to them "beyond a shadow of a doubt".

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are talking to me, I haven't yet gotten a RFE. I am in VSC, they probably haven't even gotten to my case yet. I was just asking if you guys thought I might get a RFE, based on the fact that I couldn't supply a boarding pass. I had everything else, including a hotel receipt with both of our names. Passport stamp, various receipts I had stuffed in my bag, pictures in front of landmarks, 9 years worth of letters/emails/chats, a few money transfer receipts, numerous load receipts - basically frontloaded. but I think the passport stamp, the hotel receipt, other (meal, ATM) receipts, and the photos SHOULD be enough. I pray they will be enough... After waiting 6+ months, a RFE would be devastating.

Going forward, I will definitely keep boarding passes. It's just that until I realized I that I wanted to marry Liezl, I never had any need for them. As far as I was concerned, once I was on the flight, they were trash. I mean, I can see how if you knew about this process and you knew you were going to get engaged prior to going there then you'd know to hold on to the boarding pass. However, that wasn't the case for me. I knew I liked her prior to going, but I knew nothing about this process. And I was just going to meet and spend time with a pen-pal I'd had for 8 years at the time of my visit. I had a great time there, came home, and months later is when we realized deeper feelings between us were mutual (we're both quite shy). That's when I started looking into this process and found this website.

06/20/2002 - Introduced through her Aunt
07/05/2002 - Correspondence begins and continues for years; friendship and feelings slowly but surely grow stronger.
05/12/2009 - Met in Philippines! Stayed for two weeks and had a great time. Can't wait to go back!
10/11/2009 - She said YES! (became engaged)

USCIS
10/29/2010 - Mailed I-129F
11/08/2010 - Check cashed
11/11/2010 - Received NOA1 dated 11/05/2010 (My case landed in Vermont - #######!)
11/15/2010 - Touched
04/05/2011 - It's been 5 months and not a peep from USCIS/VSC :-(
04/19/2011 - Touched/Text Message and Email this AM (APPROVED!)
04/22/2011 - Hard copy NOA2 received (166 days)

US Embassy
(All dates are Philippines dates)
05/20/2011 - Birth Certificate error cleared up
06/03/2011 - Fiancee waiting for her Passport
06/03/2011 - Not a peep from the Embassy (Manila)
07/21/2011 - Passport obtained
07/22/2011 - Interview scheduled 8/4
08/01/2011 - Fiancee and family on first flight EVER, to Manila
08/02/2011 - Medical
08/03/2011 - Medical (Passed, no concerns)
08/04/2011 - Interview! Passed! (they think)
08/24/2011 - Received Embassy email indicating fiance's visa has been issued!
08/31/2011 - 09/13/2011 Philippines Vacation!
09/14/2011 - Arrived together in Dallas, TX!

11/11/2011 - Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.