sancdiap

6 months still waiting for NOA2

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi guys, I guess I’m feeling very down today, this process is harder then what I was expecting, I didn’t know it was going to be this hard, and I’m not talking about paper work, It just a waste of time, I sent the papers 6 months ago, I haven’t receive anything, no REF, no touch, no thing, they should at least give you some update on your case, I mean we are humans not animals.

I sent an e-mail to the senator about month and half ago, he tried that I needed to fill out the Act form in order to helped me, after I did that Vermont replied saying that I have to waited until 6 months so It will be consider "Outside of Normal Processing Time" (ONPT).

• Sent an e-mail to Vermont VSC.Ncscfollowup@dhs.gov when it hit six months that was about two weeks ago, no answer

• Sent a fax to the senator and they called last Friday to send another fax saying that my case needs to be expedite due to ONPT I faxed on Friday nothing has happened

• Sent an e-mail again to Vermont 3 days ago, still waiting

• Called the 800 and I was told to wait 30 more days

What else can I do? Should I send a letter to the first lady? This whole process is driving me inside, I keep checking my e-mail, my status online, and running out of hope

Anybody has any ideas?

event.png

* hugs * Hang in there..

Looking at Igor's timeline, you're time is almost here!!

Hi guys, I guess I'm feeling very down today, this process is harder then what I was expecting, I didn't know it was going to be this hard, and I'm not talking about paper work, It just a waste of time, I sent the papers 6 months ago, I haven't receive anything, no REF, no touch, no thing, they should at least give you some update on your case, I mean we are humans not animals.

I sent an e-mail to the senator about month and half ago, he tried that I needed to fill out the Act form in order to helped me, after I did that Vermont replied saying that I have to waited until 6 months so It will be consider "Outside of Normal Processing Time" (ONPT).

• Sent an e-mail to Vermont VSC.Ncscfollowup@dhs.gov when it hit six months that was about two weeks ago, no answer

• Sent a fax to the senator and they called last Friday to send another fax saying that my case needs to be expedite due to ONPT I faxed on Friday nothing has happened

What else can I do? Should I send a letter to the first lady? This whole process is driving me inside, I keep checking my e-mail, my status online, and running out of hope

Anybody has any ideas?

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Man i know exactly what you are talking about! It's been something like 6 months and 2 weeks for us and it's so frustrating...honestly i didn't know either it was going to be this hard. Waiting without knowing anything is killing me!

Hang in there, it's probably just a matter of days. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

What else can I do?

Keep waiting. Good friends waited 10 months for theirs. You can too.

Should I send a letter to the first lady?

Do you think she will even see it?

This whole process is driving me inside, I keep checking my e-mail, my status online, and running out of hope

Anybody has any ideas?

Call it quits......or keep waiting. Those are your options.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

173 days here..VSC go figure!! I already contacted my Senator a few weeks back, got a lame letter from "VSC Congressional" stating that "if we don't see action by 12 April, then we can put in request to expedite due to ONPT." REALLY? Gee thanks. I've already called my Senator's office as of yesterday to 'great the skids' per say in regards to contacting VSC on 12 April due to ONPT. My Senator's office is all over- thank goodness. Not sure what good it will do, probably just get another lame email from the VSC Congressional email box. But here's to hoping we either hear BEFORE 12 April or our ONPT expedite will work....I can't take much more of this. :-( Oh and the VSC Congressional emails are signed "Thank you for your understanding and patience." LOL!!! If they ONLY knew....GRRRRRR.

Timeline

My case is already ONPT, the big problem I have here is that we have a three year old that keeps asking when is his dad is going to be here, why is he in Spain? why we can just go to the airport and visit him, this is why this whole process is so hard for me, I can't stand seeing my kid crying at night, at Christmas he said he didn't have Santa to come, he didn't want any toys all he wanted is to see his dad.

We are not the same, some people are more patience the others, some people have different scenarios, I’m not trying to compare myself with anybody is just it will be nice if they tell you something, give you some kind of hope that’s all

* hugs * Hang in there..

Looking at Igor's timeline, you're time is almost here!!

Thank you that's very sweet !!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I’m in same boat..I'm the USC with a 5 month old now. However, we've been lucky he's been back and forth on his tourist visa. But the waiting is TOO MUCH! Being in this perpetual limbo is getting to be too much to deal with. We argue constantly...and I know we're supposed to present a united front. But geeze louise, we're only human and this process is for the birds! They told me today that once it's ONPT, to give it yet ANOTHER 30 days!!! Are you kidding me?? So 12 April is our ONPT- 6 months. They say wait another 30 days??? 7 months and that's not even counting time for packet to leave NVC, get to SA, schedule interview..etc, etc, etc. He has job offers waiting on him here with his company that has U.S.A. Offices. To be so close yet so far away still it just getting so hard. We're hanging in, but come on man...we just want to get on with our lives.

Sandicap- best of luck to you too...I know it's so hard especially with children involved. Hang in there! :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My case is already ONPT, the big problem I have here is that we have a three year old that keeps asking when is his dad is going to be here, why is he in Spain? why we can just go to the airport and visit him, this is why this whole process is so hard for me, I can't stand seeing my kid crying at night, at Christmas he said he didn't have Santa to come, he didn't want any toys all he wanted is to see his dad.

We are not the same, some people are more patience the others, some people have different scenarios, I’m not trying to compare myself with anybody is just it will be nice if they tell you something, give you some kind of hope that’s all

Thank you that's very sweet !!!

The kid story broke my heart :crying:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi guys, I guess I’m feeling very down today, this process is harder then what I was expecting, I didn’t know it was going to be this hard, and I’m not talking about paper work, It just a waste of time, I sent the papers 6 months ago, I haven’t receive anything, no REF, no touch, no thing, they should at least give you some update on your case, I mean we are humans not animals.

Anybody has any ideas?

Try calling the 800 number again to see if you get another person... I had to call the Cali center and the operator sounded like a robot... I kept asking question while I was on the phone and eventually she was like "ow, let me click this..." week later we had ours... 6 months 1 week.

Anybody has any ideas?

Same here --6 mths and 2 days --still waiting and hoping and praying (to be approved before the shutdown ).

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

wow. well reading all the VSC'ers post. Im actually losing hope already day by day,,im @ 4 months and if the guys at 6months are still haveing problems, i think im gonna be waiting up to a year!...i mean My job doesnt really give me much flexibility to go see my fiancee often and i cant call her because our times are completely off based on my work schedule and her life, so we talk on here,skype and email now and then.. Last thing i need is a Fricking RFE on top of this delay,,hope all my paperworks is valid!

event.png

Timeline

I’m in same boat..I'm the USC with a 5 month old now. However, we've been lucky he's been back and forth on his tourist visa. But the waiting is TOO MUCH! Being in this perpetual limbo is getting to be too much to deal with. We argue constantly...and I know we're supposed to present a united front. But geeze louise, we're only human and this process is for the birds! They told me today that once it's ONPT, to give it yet ANOTHER 30 days!!! Are you kidding me?? So 12 April is our ONPT- 6 months. They say wait another 30 days??? 7 months and that's not even counting time for packet to leave NVC, get to SA, schedule interview..etc, etc, etc. He has job offers waiting on him here with his company that has U.S.A. Offices. To be so close yet so far away still it just getting so hard. We're hanging in, but come on man...we just want to get on with our lives.

Sandicap- best of luck to you too...I know it's so hard especially with children involved. Hang in there! :-)

Thank you so much is nice to hear that there is people in our situation, we travel a lot back and forward, but is a lot of money, time, and is funny cause when we are together is the happiest days, but after he leaves or I leave we are so depress for weeks, so at the same time this whole process needs to be change.

We are trying to do everything legal and still seems like is harder this way, but thanks for your words and I really hope you get yours too, I know how hard is to be alone with a 5 month old

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Man i know exactly what you are talking about! It's been something like 6 months and 2 weeks for us and it's so frustrating...honestly i didn't know either it was going to be this hard. Waiting without knowing anything is killing me!

Hang in there, it's probably just a matter of days. :)

Hey mate

We are the same filing date as you and we recieved ours on the 6th of April, ours only got done because we contacted the congressman last week on friday and he called up and got it done for us quicker, so i would suggest calling your congressman and senator seeing as though your over 6 months and even ring up the uscis and get firm with them that u want a expedite and this is not acceptable that they take so long! thats what my partner did and they got scared cos of her "american temper" lol :rofl: so anyone over 6 months call your congressman and fill in the form off their page so they can look at your case.. when we got a reply from our congressman he forwarded the email from the uscis and down the bottom it said the name and congressional unit, vermont service centre.. which means they have their own section which hurries up the cases.. apparently they have to respond to the congressman within 48 hours :) Good luck! hope it all works out and i totally understand how your all feeling cos only a few days ago i was too!! it sucks!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Hang in there. I feel for you. This is a test of faith as much as it is a process to get through, at least I konw it is for us. It should come very soon.

event.png

Served in Peace Corps in Mongolia as a volunteer English teacher May 2008- July 2010.

August 2009 - Met Khandaa

June 2010 - Proposed

July 2010 - Returned from Mongolia

August 28, 2010 - Applied to VSC K1 129-F

September 2, 2010 - NOA1 Received

October 7, 2010 - check cashed

NO WORD FROM VSC - MANY ATTEMPTS TO GATHER MORE INFORMATION

March 16, 2011 - Finally allowed to submit service requestt - (told to wait 30 days for reply)

March 28, 2011 - Service Request Denied. They have an incorrect filing date in their system (10.01.10). Searching for a way to rectify this.

May 2, 2011 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I feel your pain. Tuesday was six months for us and our senator had previously been told we could expedite at six months. When she contacted thrm again to follow thru on that she was told we are undergoing administrative processing security checks and there is no set time frame for those and no way to expeditite them and to check back on sixty days.

I was like....are you effing kidding me? And cried most of the day when I heard that.

Hugs..ur not alone..hope u have better luck.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.