kittybunny

Why can't the k-1 visa's be processed first come, first serve basis????

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From what I've read here, there are various reasons why some are processed quicker than others. Some get expedited and others are adjudicated faster (no hits/no criminal records/previous applications etc.) But some say, it's "luck" that their papers get ahead of others. :)

TIMELINE:

Feb 01, 2011 - Sent I-129F to Texas Lockbox

Feb 07, 2011 - I-129F Received

Feb 19, 2011 - NOA1 (Mail)

May 13, 2011 - NOA2 (e-mail notice)

May 17, 2011 - NOA 2 (Mail)

May 28, 2011 - Got case number after 2 weeks of waiting

May 30-31, 2011 - 2-day Medical at SLMEC (without the NVC letter, just the MCN)

July 01, 2011 - Interview (APPROVED despite delayed documents!)

July 14, 2011 - Picked up visa from 2Go Main

July 15, 2011 - Bought one-way ticket for first time immigrant (rate)

July 18, 2011 - CFO at SMEF-COW

July 31, 2011 - Flight to the US! (Finally!)

My blogsite: www.neighborlj.blogspot.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aside from the "first come first serve basis" why don't they process it a little bit faster and not just faster but properly looking into the details, they been doing this many times before, so they must know what points in the application needed much attention, if they think something is wrong then go to the next application it might be easier to do it, that way they can have many papers to examine and at least touch every day, well of course many are waiting for their approval.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So if your petition is behind someone with a criminal history, subject to the Adam Welsh act and has a name with multiple hits in every terrorist data base you are going to patiently wait the 2 years it takes to clear his visa because yours in next in line ? Personally I would want the other petition to be sent to the slower than heck pile and mine finished today.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Aside from the "first come first serve basis" why don't they process it a little bit faster and not just faster but properly looking into the details, they been doing this many times before, so they must know what points in the application needed much attention, if they think something is wrong then go to the next application it might be easier to do it, that way they can have many papers to examine and at least touch every day, well of course many are waiting for their approval.

That is what they do. If something is wrong, they issue an RFE and move onto the next case.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

If first come, first served doesn't work then we could try alphabetical order. Guess who's name starts with A :thumbs:

Edited by B_J

If first come, first served doesn't work then we could try alphabetical order. Guess who's name starts with A :thumbs:

LOL thats funny! :rofl: well, whatever it is, we can only hope for the best. This is the question neither of us know.

Personally for me, the process and the waiting time is not as hard as it seems. What makes it so hard is to be away with your loved one, missing every little thing about them. Who would've complain if while on the waiting period we are with our loved ones? None! And life and love just goes on and on.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Have you read through Gary's chat with a VSC Director?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220499-k-1-petition-information/

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It's only fair!!!!

They are!!!

Don't you understand that USCIS has a real 5 month backlog of cases?

There are over 5 months of cases in front of yours... Really!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

From what I've read here, there are various reasons why some are processed quicker than others. Some get expedited and others are adjudicated faster (no hits/no criminal records/previous applications etc.) But some say, it's "luck" that their papers get ahead of others. :)

Then I wonder why alot of clean ones still get put behind other clean ones that applied later. I know I have no criminal background or previous application or anything on my record. And unless Jia has been lying to me this whole time I am pretty sure she is clean too. And I am sure there are plenty of others like us with clean records but still super delayed when others jump to the front.

9/13/2010 I-29f sent to Texas

9/23/2010 NOA1

10/3/2010 Touched

3/23/2011 Service request put in

3/30/2011 NOA2 finally!!!!

4/8/2011 Received by NVC

4/13/2011 NVC mailed packet to Guanzhou

5/5/2011 Consulate received packet

5/09/2011 Constulate mailed P3

6/15ish/2011 received P4

7/1/2011 Interview. Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It all varies on many factors that we know and many that we can only guess at.

The hardest part of all this is actually getting your petition in the hands of a living person and not shoved in a box in storage.

Clean backgrounds/no previous applications etc makes it go faster of course. I mean, about a month before my NOA2, the FBI and other government agencies just finished a 6+ month background investigation on myself and my fiancee due to my current job, so I am sure when USCIS searched my name (and possibly NVC as they do it sometimes), it showed said investigation and the "Cleared" by it. So it was very easy to see that I was clean and so was my fiancee.

But in the end, it's the part where you need an actual person to get your file that takes forever.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Then I wonder why alot of clean ones still get put behind other clean ones that applied later. I know I have no criminal background or previous application or anything

Not all adductors work at the same speed or have more complicated cases than others and.....need I tell you about government workers?

It is what it is.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we don't have an idea how they do the background checking but all we need to do is wait and take a lot of patience:) :thumbs:

end of october 2010- i saw him on a dating site called cherryblossom

1st week of november- we exchanged email address and started talking

19th of november- he asked me to he his girl , and i said '' yes''

25th of november- he booked his flight to see me on my birthday:)

30th of november- recieved a ring and he proposed to me and "YES''

13th of january 2011- he visited my Dad in california and asked his blessing for both of us and it was accepted:)

23rd of february 2011- finally he's here with me and it was a happy moment:)

6th of march 2011- he flew back home:(

12th of march 2011- sent our k1 petition

16th of mqrch 2011- notice of action 1..let the journey begins

22nd of march 2011- recieved an email from uscis..yes finally:)

26th of march 2011- recieved the hardcopy from the mail:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.