kittybunny

Why can't the k-1 visa's be processed first come, first serve basis????

33 posts in this topic

Because uscis discriminates against brown people of all countries =(

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nice theory, but I have to disagree. I have a clean record and recent approval by the FBI for a TWIC card which means a background check and fingerprints. My fiancee has a clean record and proof was supplied with the application.

So I think it just falls once again into the luck category.

It all varies on many factors that we know and many that we can only guess at.

The hardest part of all this is actually getting your petition in the hands of a living person and not shoved in a box in storage.

Clean backgrounds/no previous applications etc makes it go faster of course. I mean, about a month before my NOA2, the FBI and other government agencies just finished a 6+ month background investigation on myself and my fiancee due to my current job, so I am sure when USCIS searched my name (and possibly NVC as they do it sometimes), it showed said investigation and the "Cleared" by it. So it was very easy to see that I was clean and so was my fiancee.

But in the end, it's the part where you need an actual person to get your file that takes forever.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't think its discrimination, but it sure does seem that people from low risk countries (generally white - Australia, UK etc) seem to get processed faster at the AOS than those from high risk countries (Philippines, China etc). At the same time, I can understand that, the probability of a fraudulent marriage is more likely at one of these high risk countries, and therefore they'll take more time looking at the documents.

It still sucks though - to be adjusted more harshly just because you come from a high risk country, even though your relationship is completely legitimate. Another case of a few people ruining it for the rest of us :bonk:

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Frankly, I am tired of this discrimination talk. People! Everyone is in line!! +/- 1-2 weeks is due to different people reviewing it! Stop playing discrimination card! And stop playing conspiracy card, Haiti etc. Really tired of this! :bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Frankly, I am tired of this discrimination talk. People! Everyone is in line!! +/- 1-2 weeks is due to different people reviewing it! Stop playing discrimination card! And stop playing conspiracy card, Haiti etc. Really tired of this! :bonk:

I know that this site is used for people to vent their frustrations and to get help with their journey. However, why do so many people worry and get anxious about things that are completely out of their control?? It's not worth it to wrap yourself into knots for no reason.... Just relax, sit back, live day by day.... :pop:

12/20/2009-------Met Lili on Match.com

04/21/2010-------Traveled to China to meet Lili

09/22/2010-------I-129F Sent

09/28/2010-------I-129F received, (Sent to CSC)

10/7/2010---------NOA1 received by mail

10/18/2010-------"Touched"

03/01/2011-------Emailed Senator

03/04/2011-------"Touched" RFE Issued From USCIS

03/09/2011-------RFE Sent Back To USCIS

03/11/2011-------"Touched" USCIS received the RFE

03/14/2011-------I-129F Approved...

03/23/2011-------NVC Complete - Sent to Guangzhou

04/06/2011-------Consulate Received Packet

04/23/2011-------Lili Received Packet 3

05/02/2011-------Sent Packet 3 to Consulate

05/20/2011-------Received Packet 4

06/10/2011-------Interview. Pink!!!!!

Life's not 'fair'. The people that process the petitions all work at different speeds, and sometimes they pick up a box with more recent petitions.

Patience is a virtue. Trust me. It happens, just give it some time. (Having gotten my NoA2, I remember how wrenching it was to wait. So please, none of this "You already have yours, so you don't know what it's like" stuff. I had to wait, too.)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Often people confuse "fair" with "equal result". Don't fall into that trap. Petitions ARE processed according to when they were received but for many reasons, this process takes longer for some cases than others. If an "equal result" was the definition of "fair" for USCIS, they would never approve anybody's petition earlier than any other petition that has complications or is taking longer for any of many reasons. If they did this, we would have far more people screaming that it isn't fair for their clean petition with no problems to be held up waiting for others.

Yes, sometimes a batch of petitions or a single petition gets moved through the process ahead of some others. It's a big operation moving files around in a big government bureaucracy. It's not perfect. If you want an equal result, the process will be far less "fair".

High fraud countries sometimes take longer at more than one point in the process. It is prudent to be as thorough as practical. Lots of non-white intending immigrants are coming from high fraud countries. It is their country of origin, not their skin color that is impacting their process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Guys! I started appreciating the fact that this process is so long. I think they are doing this on purpose, and the purpose is good.

1) For people that did not spend enough time together it allows to test their feelings.

2) For fraudulent applications it allows to weed-out fraud.

3) For people that know each other well it allows to think about their relationship and teach TO APPRECIATE EACH OTHER! This is true for my case. I learned how much I appreciate my fiancee. We will not waste our lives arguing. We will enjoy every second together!

In either case this is good!

Think about it!

What about ''black people '' then ?? -just joking :lol: . Thats not true --if your theory hold any truth , then ''black people '' faces most discrimination . Lets not play the race card here . It is done by a case to case basics. :thumbs:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Guys! I started appreciating the fact that this process is so long. I think they are doing this on purpose, and the purpose is good.

1) For people that did not spend enough time together it allows to test their feelings.

3) For people that know each other well it allows to think about their relationship and teach TO APPRECIATE EACH OTHER! This is true for my case. I learned how much I appreciate my fiancee. We will not waste our lives arguing. We will enjoy every second together!

Think about it!

lol You have the most positive outlook ever. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nice theory, but I have to disagree. I have a clean record and recent approval by the FBI for a TWIC card which means a background check and fingerprints. My fiancee has a clean record and proof was supplied with the application.

So I think it just falls once again into the luck category.

Your TWIC CARD Don't Mean Anything. I have one too. It's still a process. These are Goverment Institutions that are business of making money. As a Tax-Payer you should know that. USCIS and Homeland Security are NOT Non-Profit Organizations to my knowledge.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Think about it!

:thumbs::thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.