googled

How long

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I was just wondering how long everyone knew there fiance before filing for the K1 visa? I was going to post this as a response to another post, but I just thought it was an interesting question.

I just find it interesting the different lengths of time it took for people to file. I a sure for various reasons. I am thinking that it did not take long for people to wait in countries that were far away from one another and took a great expense to travel to, like the U.S. and China. On the other hand I would think that people from places where traveling to see them might not be as difficult, like the U.S. and Canada, might take longer. I hope that made sense. Probably not.

I think this info is in some peoples time lines but not in every ones.

My fiance and I met online and knew each other 8 months before I filed for the K1.

3-5-2011: I-129F Sent

3-9-2011: NOA1

6-24-2011: NOA2

6-30-2011: NOA2 Hard Copy

7-19-2011: Received Case Number from NVC

08-08-2011: Sent Packet 3 to Embassy

09-12-2011: Received Packet 4 Instructions

09-28-2011: Interview: Approved

10-06-2011: Point of Entry

11-03-2011: Married

AOS:

11-17-2011: Filed AOS Packet

12-09-2011: AOS Check Cashed

01-01-2012: Biometrics

01-31-2012: Received EAD

07-20-2012: AOS Approved

08-01-2012: Received Green Card

There are lots of couples who have known each other for years and been together for a long while but end up unhappy and not being together. Meanwhile, there are couples who have just known each other for a short period of time but is happy and sharing a lifetime together. Although I do believe love is something that grows and develops as time passes by. No matter how quickly our courtship passed, I know standing before God and our family, vowing to be his partner for life, was the easiest decision I had ever made. No need to wait for years to decide what I want cos I know we embrace and uphold the SAME level of importance towards marriage, commitment, and family. There's no way I'm gonna let is slip away and there's nothing more I could ask for. (L) (L) (L)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I was just wondering how long everyone knew there fiance before filing for the K1 visa?

That is an irrelevant question. The only thing that matters is can the couple prove to the CO at the Embassy that they have a real relationship that allows them to obtain the visa.

The time length has nothing to do with anything.

3 months for us.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

we have been for two and half year together, since i met him i thought he was the man of my dreams...so perfect to me in every way!! and he thinks the same about me.. he is always telling to me that I am his beauty, perfect and dreamy Joy :).. he is so romantic ,sweet and a gentleman.. luv.gif We are so happy in love.. no matter the distance.. no matter how long we have to wait...at the end we'll be together sharing a lifetime together :)

in last february my fiance sent the petition to uscis because we didn't know how the process it would be...we thought it would be so dificult.. but visajourney did so much easier to us... and now we are waiting for our NOA2 biggrin.gif

GMupm4.pngyJ8fm8.png

InKsm7.png

My fiance and I met in Nov 2006, and got engaged in Feb 2009. We were a bit different in that we were living together from Nov 2007 - Feb 2011. Filed in September 2010.

(Yes, I know we could have gotten married abroad where we were living - as I did meet the residency requirements for the UK - but we really wanted a big US wedding and to settle here straight after) ;-)

I was just wondering how long everyone knew there fiance before filing for the K1 visa? I was going to post this as a response to another post, but I just thought it was an interesting question.

I just find it interesting the different lengths of time it took for people to file. I a sure for various reasons. I am thinking that it did not take long for people to wait in countries that were far away from one another and took a great expense to travel to, like the U.S. and China. On the other hand I would think that people from places where traveling to see them might not be as difficult, like the U.S. and Canada, might take longer. I hope that made sense. Probably not.

I think this info is in some peoples time lines but not in every ones.

My fiance and I met online and knew each other 8 months before I filed for the K1.

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Filed: Timeline

Paul and I first known each other on March 2008 and we filed K1 visa on July 2009. He came 4 times to Malaysia and it make me realized how much he want me. We both love each other dearly but we both are the type who take marriage very very serious (That's the reason why he never been married /have kids for last 54 years :lol: & for me, I have 3 ex's bf proposed me and I rejected them because I feel it is too soon). Sometimes I feel man is not realistic. Why proposed me when we only known each other last than 6 months? I always believe you need to know each other very very well and if you can put up with his attitude, then commit. We have known each other for 3 years now and this May is our first anniversary and seriously..........never once he change. He still remain very caring, romantic, loving, crazy in a good way, we both are sarcastic too and I feel so lucky to have him in my life (L)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

a year and 3 months.perfect timing.i dont believe in filing for something as huge as a visa ( huge in the sense of whats coming up next ) after only a couple of months of courtship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

We knew each other 1 year and 8 months before filing :)

09/28/10: I-129F packet sent Fed-Ex to Dallas Lockbox

10/01/10: I-129F packet received in Vermont

10/06/10: NOA1

10/07/10: Check cashed

10/13/10: Touched

03/25/11: NOA2

04/06/11: Packet left NVC

04/20/11: Papers from embassy

05/09/11: Turned in papers, received interview date, medical

05/31/11: Interview: Request court document

06/06/11: Brought requested paper, ANOTHER court document requested

06/13/11: Brought requested paper, embassy called to schedule appointment

06/16/11: Denied, but told he's eligible for a waiver

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.