67 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I dont know how to say, but i need advice, what is my fiancee very moody and sometimes he is shouting at me even when im talking in a nice way, my fiancee when he is pissed, he is throwing something, he didnt hurt me physicall but sometimes i feel scared. i dont know if im going to marry this kind of guy or be patient. our wedding is set already but i didnt feel he is happy with it. my new friends trying to help me for my wedding and but my fiancee didnt care, he always complaining if im asking i need to help a friend for our wedding because its our wedding anyways, my news friend here just helping us. one time, my friend call me if i like to saw my wedding invitation and asking my fiancee to drive me to that place he is shouting at me and he is going to broke the remote control and when he didnt broke it he throw it in the table. everytime he is mad he is arguing me with a loud voice and i feel crying everytime he is shouting at me, its normal to american guys to shout a fiancee, and didnt care about bridal shower? need advice pls..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hmmmmmmm sounds like you need to think about this before you take that giant step good luck.....

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gosh, its kinda scary!!

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do not tie yourself to someone who is already acting the part of an abuser. If he is acting this way now, it will only get worse.

Edited by N400-2011

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

That's definitely not normal behaviour. If he'd been like that during the time you waited for the visa but then settled down when you'd arrived I'd put it down to the frustration of waiting for the visa. If I were you I would think very hard about whether or not you want to commit your life to someone who acts like this; it sounds as if he's not very happy (and he should be thrilled, you're here!) and it's not making you happy either. I know that it's a big decision as you have uprooted your life to come to the US and you'd then have to uproot and go home but I think that your happiness (and possibly safety) is more important than saving face in this kind of matter.

Filed: Timeline

thanks NickD u know what, im expecting he can love me because im already here, he never become sweet to me, yeah he buy me some kind of stuff because i need it, but im expecting more respect not all clothes that he bought me. i want love and to be loved, im not happy for material things, i want im special to him, but i failed. all i got hurt feelings, he never gave me flowers or sweet kind of gesture. i always give him a chance to change his attitude, when im in country he promise me that he take care of me, and saying he love me more than i know, but what is this behavior he shown to me, i dont understand him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from US citizen to Effects of Major... forum *****

It's normal for guys to not care about bridal showers and invitations, but shouting and throwing things is NOT normal, and it might well get worse if you marry. I would not marry someone like this... maybe he is just nervous, has cold feet, but then you need to take a break. Go back to your country and if it is meant to be, you can work on your relationship and apply for another visa later, when you are sure of him.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think how he handles stress and frustration and treats you when he's stressed out is an important factor in deciding whether you'd like to marry someone. Personally, I couldn't handle it if my fiance yelled and threatened to break things, and threw things when he was angry, even if his anger wasn't directed at me. I would have ended the relationship the first time I saw that kind of behavior because it would scare me too and I don't want to live with that kind of fear, or even the threat that if I do something to make him angry, I'll have to face that kind of outburst.

If you feel that you can't stand up to him now and you're already afraid of his temper, I think you should seriously consider going home without marrying him. Like others have said, there is no sort of, relationship pattern where these things 'get better' when you get married and usually, they get much worse.

He should be taking care of you and your feelings even when he is angry, and you must believe that you deserve that.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

***** Moving from US citizen to Effects of Major... forum *****

It's normal for guys to not care about bridal showers and invitations, but shouting and throwing things is NOT normal, and it might well get worse if you marry. I would not marry someone like this... maybe he is just nervous, has cold feet, but then you need to take a break. Go back to your country and if it is meant to be, you can work on your relationship and apply for another visa later, when you are sure of him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.