67 posts in this topic

once you have that talk with him...or better yet - LEAVE him, come back here with a post to let us all know that you're safe and sound. Seriously! These kind of situations worry me big time.

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just wonder. Why would you even have a second thought of leaving him or not? If the guy doesn't treat you right in the first place, there is no question you have to step up and show him that you are your own women and you have respect to yourself! I have been in that situation before I have a live-in partner and after 4 years he never change! I talk to him heart to heart we had so much tears, he begged a lot and guess what it never stop until then I decided to leave him. I feel like I wasted my 4 years of life by trying to change a man that will never change!!!!!

Good luck to you. I hope you realize that now that your not even married yet and he treats you that way. It will get worst. I have been there.

"Great thing happens for those who waits"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Red flag. My first husband was like this and we were both born and raised in the same country. He turned out to be a mental case. I was very young and naive at the time when I married him. Took me 9 years to realize that this was not normal and I got out.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Move on....my friend.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

I dont know how to say, but i need advice, what is my fiancee very moody and sometimes he is shouting at me even when im talking in a nice way, my fiancee when he is pissed, he is throwing something, he didnt hurt me physicall but sometimes i feel scared. i dont know if im going to marry this kind of guy or be patient. our wedding is set already but i didnt feel he is happy with it. my new friends trying to help me for my wedding and but my fiancee didnt care, he always complaining if im asking i need to help a friend for our wedding because its our wedding anyways, my news friend here just helping us. one time, my friend call me if i like to saw my wedding invitation and asking my fiancee to drive me to that place he is shouting at me and he is going to broke the remote control and when he didnt broke it he throw it in the table. everytime he is mad he is arguing me with a loud voice and i feel crying everytime he is shouting at me, its normal to american guys to shout a fiancee, and didnt care about bridal shower? need advice pls..

RUN!!!

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Timeline

The only thing a second chance is going to do is give him the opportunity to put on an act long enough to manipulate you into marriage. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

You already know what he's like.

Pay attention to how you FEEL. You are calling yourself Sad woman. You should be with a man that makes you feel Happy Woman.

The second chance you need to give is for YOURSELF. Give yourself the chance to be with someone who will treat you right. This one is certain to make you miserable.

I would listen to the advice offered he sounds abusive I would not marry him if he is like that now this is a misatke waitin to happen, I would really think he is not nice or kind to you and you are going to marry him to be with him ??? I would cut your loses and go. :blink:

Patricklove !!

Patricklove timeline........

K1 Journey [/u]

K 1 Visa Sent application.....July 27 2010 Approved December 9th 2010

Packet 3 recieved .....January 4 2011 Visa Qualified....... 17 March 2011

Medical ........24 March 2011 Paid MRV...... 30 March 2011

Packet 4 recieved.....13 May 2011

Interview....Approved 20 June 2011

Visa in hand......27 June 2011

Arrival in USA ....3 July 2011

AOS Journey [/u]

SSN Card Application 15 July 2011

SSN recieved 23 July 2011

Application for Marriage Licence 15 August 2011

Licence Recieved 19 August 2011

Officially Married 26 August 2011

Civil Surgeon updated 30 August 2011

Driving Licence for MI September 2011

AOS/EAD/AP forms in mail 21 September 2011

AP & EAD approved December 2011 AOS approved January 25th 2012

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

i'm really so sorry to know that...

as everyone have said here, that's not normal, if that is now i don't want imagine when you get marry!!

people here have given you very good advices but i suggest, first of all, talk to him about what you feel and tell him everything that you have written here if he continue like that, don't marry him, or will end up hitting you, humiliating you and so on.

if you have to go back to your country, do it, that's better than living a miserable life with an idiot like that.

good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well you should have talked to him before you posted here to be honest. If you have a large age gap this is most probably a lot to do with your problem. I can't say what I really want to say here as it will be sen as prejudice but get out now while you can and hopefully one day you will find your soul mate. This man is not your soul mate and if you keep giving him chances then you will get everything you ask for and that is pain and sadness.

And NO Nick not going to suggest she marry this #### would be a foolish thing to do. I think I have been on this planet long enough and been through enough relationships to advise you to go and make better choices.

My way of saying everyone so far said, leave! My wife still fears her ex, but she does have a man around the house to deal with him, he doesn't like to deal with me. Best compliment I ever got from my wife, I was the best thing that ever happened to her. You should be able to say the same thing about your intended.

It took me eight years to recover from my divorce, then when finally free of those court imposed expenditures, what a-hole came up with no fault divorce? Then I felt free to look again, ha, met hundreds, but then met Connie, wow, for the first time in my life I believed in soulmates. If you believe in God, be patient, there is a soulmate for you too. And that will be the best thing that ever happened to you in your life.

Unfortunately, my wife was the 3rd child of three whose dad never wanted her, lead her into an early, but disastrous marriage. Even though she worked hard and paid off her home in Venezuela, and this has been going on for eight years now, he is demanding half of it. Gee I am nasty, we can't get the money out of Venezuela anyway, so just stalling. He can't sell it without her signature. But for the first time in my wifes' life, she feels secure, and that is the way it should be for you.

YOU deserve better! Maybe after you break it off, you may be alone, but you will find the person that you are truly mean to be with! Don't continue on being miserable and being put down like that. It's a hard decision to leave, but years down the road you'll thank yourself for doing it. Please keep us posted ok?

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Timeline

I concur with Breezy and Me. I would Pull the Ejection Handle and get out of this relationship ASAP. His Abuse Master Caution Light is blinking right in front of you and all systems will only fail more so after you get married. Sorry that you have invested all this Time but my advice is EJECT EJECT EJECT <wooosh out of the impending desaster you go>

Timeline:

Meetings (dating)in Person Aug 2009/Nov 2009/Jan 2010/Jun 2010 (Engaged!)

VSC

Sep 7th 2010 I-129F Submitted

Sep 9th 2010 NOA1 Received via Text

Sep 10th 2010 I-129F Accepted

Sep 2010 5th meeting in person

Oct 3rd 2010 Touched

Feb 2011 6th meeting arranged (spending Valentine's together)

Mar 17 2011 NOA2 @09:59 am Thank You St Patty! It only took 6 months 1 week 1 day

NVC

Mar 24th NVC Receives I-129F Petition

Mar 28th Case Number Assigned

Mar 29th File shipped to Manila

Manila Embassy

Apr 1 Receives Case File

Apr 6 Medical - Sputum test required

Apr 12 Begin 3 day Sputum test at St Lukes

Jun 13th medical sputum cleared / Jun 14th Medical completed

Jun 27 Interview - Visa Approved!!

Jul 14th VISA Packet Received : ) Finally! 310 days from submittal to VISA in hand

3 months 1 week and 3 days from NOA2 approval to Embassy Approval

Aug 9th Fiancee arrives in USA at POE Honolulu Hi

Aug 11th Tony and Jubi have a Beautiful Wedding in Hawaii

AOS/EAD/AP

Filed - 18 Nov 2011/USPS-confirmed delivery 23 Nov/Check Cashed - 29 Nov

20 Jan 2012 EAD and AP Approved txt msg received

14 Mar 2012 RFE for AoS / 3 Apr 2012 RFE info recv by USCIS /11 Apr 2012 AoS Approved

event.png

I feel so sad for you at this moment. Going to a country to be with the man that you love, and then getting treated this way. There is no excuse for his behavior and things will NOT get better after you are married. I was in an abusive relationship once, the harder I tried to make it work and be better the worse the abuse got. My suggestion is to get out now before things get worse. Go back to your country and be safe. You will find true happiness but not with this man.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Filed: Timeline

thank you guys for advice, i talk him and he is asking for forgiveness not to do that again, i tell him, im going home when he do it again, i didnt give him another chance, and now i think he is sincere, i saw him crying feel sorry for what he done, well i have softhearted too so i give him another chance. im thinking all the advice that all vj members given me, im very much thankful, i will still update here, i need to end of this topic now. again thank you vj member, Im proud to be a member of this site:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

thank you guys for advice, i talk him and he is asking for forgiveness not to do that again, i tell him, im going home when he do it again, i didnt give him another chance, and now i think he is sincere, i saw him crying feel sorry for what he done, well i have softhearted too so i give him another chance. im thinking all the advice that all vj members given me, im very much thankful, i will still update here, i need to end of this topic now. again thank you vj member, Im proud to be a member of this site:)

IF he really is sorry and can recognize how unacceptable his behavior was he will agree to getting into an anger management program where you live. If you are going to give him another chance PLEASE insist that he do this! He may truly want to change but old habits die hard. He would be a very rare person if he was able to just suddenly stop this pattern of behavior on his own that has probably always been there. With professional help and a lot of effort on his part change is possible. He owes you this if you are willing to give him another chance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.