pglovesmc

Dual Interview!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

they cant ask those stuff we dont live together its a fiance visa

Where do you stay when you travel to visit him?, and also do not be hesitant with these guys. Refusing to answer a question is a visa suicide. There is nothing that they can't ask if they suspect fraud

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

They can ask about eachother's family, but also about the last time you were together... they may ask the name of the hotel you stayed at together, or what colour the curtains are in your room if he stayed with you, or what you had to eat last time you ate with his family...

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Where do you stay when you travel to visit him?, and also do not be hesitant with these guys. Refusing to answer a question is a visa suicide. There is nothing that they can't ask if they suspect fraud

Last time we spent 2 weeks at my house 2 weeks at his house.

They can ask about eachother's family, but also about the last time you were together... they may ask the name of the hotel you stayed at together, or what colour the curtains are in your room if he stayed with you, or what you had to eat last time you ate with his family...

Well thats easy. Cause its all stuff we did. LOl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

They can separate you, interrogate you intensely, ask all kinds of personal questions including about your sex life, and refuse the visa if even one answer doesn't match. This is why you need to prepare thoroughly and NOW.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

they cant ask those stuff we dont live together its a fiance visa

Yes, they can ask. If you don't know, you don't know but be consistently truthful, both of you.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

thank you. do you have any idea what they would ask?

what were your findings when you googled 'stokes interview' ???

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

well i spoke to a couple of ppl at my job that works for immigration and they said the stokes interview is for ppl that are married. and the reason ewhy they want the petitioner there is to see how we react with each other in the waiting room and to see if we are actually willing to travel on such short notice for the one we love. They also said they do ask questions but its basically regular questions UNLESS they think its fraud. which i doubt because they didnt even ask him any questions when he was there. and also i noticed that everyone who did the 129f in HAITI was called back. so ill just wait and see. i love my mr enough to be patient. and i will not hesitate to ask for a super visor if there are any problems.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

well i spoke to a couple of ppl at my job that works for immigration and they said the stokes interview is for ppl that are married. and the reason ewhy they want the petitioner there is to see how we react with each other in the waiting room and to see if we are actually willing to travel on such short notice for the one we love. They also said they do ask questions but its basically regular questions UNLESS they think its fraud. which i doubt because they didnt even ask him any questions when he was there. and also i noticed that everyone who did the 129f in HAITI was called back. so ill just wait and see. i love my mr enough to be patient. and i will not hesitate to ask for a super visor if there are any problems.

People who "work for immigration" in the USA work for USCIS, and those interviews are ALL for married people. However, you are not dealing with USCIS. You're dealing with Consular people in Haiti, who definitely DO conduct "Stokes" type interviews with fiancee visa couples. You can do a lot more than hope for the best. You can prepare for a Stokes interview and then if it turns out not to be, you can be "thankful". If it IS a Stokes type interview, you'll be thankful you prepared instead of just hoped.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

So that would be a 'no', to my question.

Got it.

If you have time, please get to an internet cafe that doesn't restrict internet usage, use the Google, and try again.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ok - so you got some backgrounder - cool.

A 'dual interview' for a K-1 visa, at a US Embassy/Consulate IV Unit is a 'mini-stokes' interview. It's not the same length and breadth and depth, but the 'final analysis' is -

do the answers match, between the two people?

Timeline

good luck PG! let us know how the interview goes. Everything that I've read about "stokes" interviews is for married people too.

Anyway, good luck!

I-129F Fiance Visa

For full details see my "About me"

USCIS

11-22-2010 Received NOA1 01-27-2011 --> NOA2 *APPROVED!!!! (email)

NVC

02-24-2011 Receive Packet 3.5 via email --> 03-18-2011 Packet 3.5 Submitted

04-05-2011 Receive Packet 4

04-08-2011 INTERVIEW *APPROVED!!!!* --> 04-18-2011 Visa in hand

05-04-2011 **POE** JFK, NYC

AOS

05-21-2011 Social Security Card

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

07-11-2011 Filed AOS - 485, EAD, AP

07-13-2011 Received Confirmation email 07-14-2011 check cashed

07-18-2011 NOA1, I-797C received for AOS, EAD, AP

07-22-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

08-15-2011 Biometrics Appointment

09-09-2011 EAD and AP Approval notices via email

09-20-2011 Receive EAD/AP Card in the mail

09-29-2011 Interview! APPROVED!!!!

10-03-2011 Receive Welcome Letter

10-08-2011 Receive Greencard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

ive been readikng about stokes interviews but its all mostly questions with ppl that live together. ill keep checking though. thank you

A lot of time seems to have passed since you last saw each other which might be what is prompting this. The fact you plan to fly over for the interview may help to alleviate consular concerns.

Suggestion, get a copy of the "dating game" and play it with your fiance on skype or the phone... it will be fun and prepare you for the interview.

Know each others family backgrounds and each of you make a list of all your relatives. They ask crazy stuff like what is your future mother in laws middle name? Know each others favorite foods, colors, etc. Your future dreams, where you are going to live..etc. etc. What schools each of you attended... Write down the answers and each of you keep a copy to go over it.

Regardless of what you think of the Stokes interview questions as they relate to married couples not fiance's, the concept is the same random probing questions about how well you know each other and how well your answers match his.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.