28 posts in this topic

Hi guys new to the forum!! I'm in England an my fiancé is in the states. We nearly completed the I-195f packet an we think it will be sent in over the next week or so. Problem.... Every site I look on gives me a different time period for how ling this actually takes from start to finish!! We've actually booked a small wedding for nov 8th as that's my birthday. It's no problem to change the date for that but obviously my parents want to book flights.... Any ideas for English people how long I'm looking at?? Or how far into the process I'll get an idea of completion dates so they can book flights???

Thank you soooo much

Emma xxx

Edited by Emilylpl

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys new to the forum!! I'm in England an my fiancé is in the states. We nearly completed the I-195f packet an we think it will be sent in over the next week or so. Problem.... Every site I look on gives me a different time period for how ling this actually takes from start to finish!! We've actually booked a small wedding for nov 8th as that's my birthday. It's no problem to change the date for that but obviously my parents want to book flights.... Any ideas for English people how long I'm looking at?? Or how far into the process I'll get an idea of completion dates so they can book flights???

Thank you soooo much

Emma xxx

At the moment depending on what service centre your application will be routed to - your petition could be approved between 3 weeks to 9 months :rofl: . Over the past couple of weeks some February filers have already been approved - some from august 2010 are still awaiting approval. If I have learned anything from this process it is that there is no rhyme or reason for anything USCIS do. I am now over the 5 month 'processing time' that is listed for the California Service Centre. Alot that have filed a week after me have already been approved.

I think it's best not to make any solid plans - who knows when you will be approved. Even if it takes 5 months to approve the petition there will be another wait for your medical/interview.

Good luck - get the package away ASAP.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead".

K-1 VISA TIMELINE

30.09.10 - Filed I-129F

06.10.10 - Routed to CSC/NOA1 email

09.10.10 - Cheque cleared

07.10.10 - NOA1

14.10.10 - Touch

15.10.10 - Touch

16.01.11 - Applied for Police Record (NSW)

02.02.11 - Received Police Record (Took 17 days)

10.02.11 - Medical (Received results 6 days later)

22.03.11 - NOA2 (166 days/5.5 months)

25.03.11 - NVC Rec'd

29.03.11 - Left NVC

05.04.11 - Packet 3

05.04.11 - Returned Packet 3

11.04.11 - Packet 4 (Original interview scheduled for 10.05.11 - requested earlier appointment with success!)

12.04.11 - Interview APPROVED!

21.04.11 - VISA in hand!

26.04.11 - POE LAX

04.05.11 - Marriage

AOS TIMELINE

11.05.11 - Filed I-485/EAD/AP

14.05.11 - NOA1

27.05.11 - Walk-in Biometrics completed (originally scheduled for 10.06.11)

08.06.11 - Interview date notice received

11.07.11 - EAD/AP card production ordered (58 days)

14.07.11 - AOS Interview APPROVED!!!(61 days)

18.07.11 - EAD/AP card in hand (65 days)

22.07.11 - GC in hand!!! (69 days)

Were sending it to the one in Texas?? If that makes any difference? I'm sorry to keep asking questions but really new to this. So once it's been approved there... Is the wait for the interview and medical just as long? We talking weeks.... Or months....??? And do you think anything will go quicker (or easier!) by hiring a lawyer???

Thank u so much!! Xxx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Whats an I-195F packet for??? It's not a K1 visa, that's I-129F.

There is no way we can tell you for sure how long it will take. It should be around 8 months.. but if you get an RFE it could be longer. If you get lucky it might not take that long. Sorry :(

Were sending it to the one in Texas?? If that makes any difference? I'm sorry to keep asking questions but really new to this. So once it's been approved there... Is the wait for the interview and medical just as long? We talking weeks.... Or months....??? And do you think anything will go quicker (or easier!) by hiring a lawyer???

Thank u so much!! Xx

It would go MUCH slower if you involve a lawyer. It will take about 3-5 months for the petition to be approved. Then it's sent to your home country where you'll need to do a medical, get police checks and then await and interview. This section can take several months.

Sorry Hun meant I-129f!!!

So guessing we just have to wait and see then... Was just hoping there would be a way of knowing a couple of months before it was all finalised , so the parents could look at, an book, flights!!! I just don't want them booking flights last minute and paying thousands!!! It wouldn't be fair!!!

Emma xxxxx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also, just so you know :). You didn't file at the Texas Center. You sent the packet their so they could give it an initial lookover and process the payment.

Check your NOA1. If your number starts with WAC your I-129F was sent to California, if it is EAC, it was sent to Vermont. Right now CSC is averaging 5-6 months and VSC is 5-7 months.

Edited by Blob18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It would go MUCH slower if you involve a lawyer.

Not necessarily! The feeling around here is that no one can do the paperwork as fast as the petitioner and beneficiary since you probably know how to fill in your name, date of birth, place of employment, etc, but that does not mean the paperwork part will go "MUCH slower" - in fact, if you don't know what you're doing, a well-chosen lawyer could do the paperwork quicker than coming onto VJ 10 times to double check things that confuse you.

Nevertheless, hiring a lawyer will not get the paperwork through the bureaucratic hoops any faster no matter how good s/he is, nor how many promises they make.

I think the November date is tight - I'm sitting at 8 months right now and probably have at least 2 more to go. Nobody knows how long the process could take and even after you have an interview date (within the last 6 weeks of the process) it's still a bit of a risk to buy plane tickets for relatives because unexpected delays could still pop up at/after the interview.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Thanks so much guys!!! I've stressed all day about it! I think we've decided to move the date till January. That's 10 months. I'm not from Russia or the Philippines or a mail order bride... Just a little scouser who fell in love!! So I honestly can't see why it should take any longer than 10 months.

We have every single thing they are requiring so i think we'll be fine

Thanks again for all your help!!

Emma :) xx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks so much guys!!! I've stressed all day about it! I think we've decided to move the date till January. That's 10 months. I'm not from Russia or the Philippines or a mail order bride... Just a little scouser who fell in love!! So I honestly can't see why it should take any longer than 10 months.

We have every single thing they are requiring so i think we'll be fine

Thanks again for all your help!!

Emma :) xx

Where your from or what kind of bride you are doesnt determine how long it will take just an FYI..... Good luck on your journey and welcome to VJ!!! :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Where your from or what kind of bride you are doesnt determine how long it will take just an FYI..... Good luck on your journey and welcome to VJ!!! :thumbs:

Once you receive your visa, you will have 6 months to enter the US - so that gives you some time to organize everything too.

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Didnt mean offense guys!!! Just read on here that if your applying from the Philippines it can take a lot longer because it's a country that is known for being one of the worst for fraudulently trying to get these visas!!! That's all I meant :) xx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That's 10 months. I'm not from Russia or the Philippines or a mail order bride... Just a little scouser who fell in love!! So I honestly can't see why it should take any longer than 10 months.

:( Sounds like a little Russian can't fall in love.....

As far as I know Russia is not considered a high fraud country and people don't have any problems getting K-1 visas, but seems like we have to wait along with the rest of VJ folks.

Oh well... I really wish you luck and patience (F)

Just please be careful with what you post, there is a chance it might offend someone.

Edited by ONA

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

Actually yes it does matter where you're from. If you're organised the NOA2 to interview can only take 2 months in Australia (actually can be quicker than that), in Canada they wait time for interview is apparently 5+ months.

High fraud countries, especially some of the MENA countries have AP (administrative processing).. which rarely (if ever) happens in Australia (as well as some other countries)... this can add months and months (in some cases over a year).

Timeline
Not from Russia or the Philippines; not a mail order bride? What? Now that is down right OFFENSIVE if you ask me. Do you hold your pinky up when you drink tea?

That comment will turn a lot of people off, especially ones who might be interested in giving you advice.

It's not offensive at all. It's fact that the Philippines is a high visa fraud country and takes a while. I too was under the impression that Russia/Ukraine was high visa fraud but I was corrected about that (it's high fraud but not for visa applications is what I was told). It's obvious to me it wasn't meant to be offensive but simply the OP stating she isn't from a high fraud country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.