28 posts in this topic

Vanessa & Tony... Thanks!!! I really didn't mean it offensive... I meant it in the context that, we have a pretty straight forward case! An that I'm not from a high fraudulent risk county! That's all. I didn't want people telling me months an months because they've come from the Philippines. I'm stressed out enough without added time added to my wait!!

Sorry guys!!! Xxxx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

In my case it took less than 5 months to get approved, but I've seen that the trends have change and people actually wait up to 8 months to get their NOA2, and after that they still have to wait until they get an appointment at the consulate.

I think you just need to be patient, and it'll be good to not set a specific date for the wedding because you may not get your visa for that day (and that'll be incredible stressful!), any way good luck on you journey!

Don't set a date, you will only be stressed and disappointed. Wait until you have the visa in hand, you have 6 months to use it and after you enter, 90 days to get married. 9 months is plenty of time to plan flights and a small intimate ceremony.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Hi guys new to the forum!! I'm in England an my fiancé is in the states. We nearly completed the I-195f packet an we think it will be sent in over the next week or so. Problem.... Every site I look on gives me a different time period for how ling this actually takes from start to finish!! We've actually booked a small wedding for nov 8th as that's my birthday. It's no problem to change the date for that but obviously my parents want to book flights.... Any ideas for English people how long I'm looking at?? Or how far into the process I'll get an idea of completion dates so they can book flights???

Thank you soooo much

Emma xxx

Have you only just filed because we filed in july 2010 my fiance he lives in the states and me in the Uk and weare just doing medical now followed by interview i guesss i will be going May June.

Patricklove !!

Patricklove timeline........

K1 Journey [/u]

K 1 Visa Sent application.....July 27 2010 Approved December 9th 2010

Packet 3 recieved .....January 4 2011 Visa Qualified....... 17 March 2011

Medical ........24 March 2011 Paid MRV...... 30 March 2011

Packet 4 recieved.....13 May 2011

Interview....Approved 20 June 2011

Visa in hand......27 June 2011

Arrival in USA ....3 July 2011

AOS Journey [/u]

SSN Card Application 15 July 2011

SSN recieved 23 July 2011

Application for Marriage Licence 15 August 2011

Licence Recieved 19 August 2011

Officially Married 26 August 2011

Civil Surgeon updated 30 August 2011

Driving Licence for MI September 2011

AOS/EAD/AP forms in mail 21 September 2011

AP & EAD approved December 2011 AOS approved January 25th 2012

It takes time be patient and wait before you book wedding

Patricklove !!

Patricklove timeline........

K1 Journey [/u]

K 1 Visa Sent application.....July 27 2010 Approved December 9th 2010

Packet 3 recieved .....January 4 2011 Visa Qualified....... 17 March 2011

Medical ........24 March 2011 Paid MRV...... 30 March 2011

Packet 4 recieved.....13 May 2011

Interview....Approved 20 June 2011

Visa in hand......27 June 2011

Arrival in USA ....3 July 2011

AOS Journey [/u]

SSN Card Application 15 July 2011

SSN recieved 23 July 2011

Application for Marriage Licence 15 August 2011

Licence Recieved 19 August 2011

Officially Married 26 August 2011

Civil Surgeon updated 30 August 2011

Driving Licence for MI September 2011

AOS/EAD/AP forms in mail 21 September 2011

AP & EAD approved December 2011 AOS approved January 25th 2012

Thanks so much guys!!! I've stressed all day about it! I think we've decided to move the date till January. That's 10 months. I'm not from Russia or the Philippines or a mail order bride... Just a little scouser who fell in love!! So I honestly can't see why it should take any longer than 10 months.

We have every single thing they are requiring so i think we'll be fine

Thanks again for all your help!!

Emma :) xx

:(, I'm not sure I care for what you're implying.

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks so much guys!!! I've stressed all day about it! I think we've decided to move the date till January. That's 10 months. I'm not from Russia or the Philippines or a mail order bride... Just a little scouser who fell in love!! So I honestly can't see why it should take any longer than 10 months.

We have every single thing they are requiring so i think we'll be fine

Thanks again for all your help!!

Emma :) xx

And what exactly makes your situation better that you are not from Russia or the Philippines?? :wow:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

There are members from England, Romania, Phillipines, Canada and me having the same timeline close to 6 months. So thts the thing on stage of waiting for NOA2, it doesnt matter which country you are from as long as service center moves at a speed of snail.

Btw more than 95% of K1 at US Embassy in Moscow according to stats get approved. As for association with russian fraud it may imply to online scam (when the process doesnt even start, just money requisition) or amount of people overstaying on other types of visa. Just so you know...

Edited by Milushka

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
:(, I'm not sure I care for what you're implying.

She's saying she's from the UK and that the UK isn't a high fraud country (which it isn't) and implying that Russia and the Philippines are (which in the case of the Philippines is true and Russia is a common mistake which several people, including myself thought before I knew more about immigration) and hoping that because she ISN'T from a high fraud country that her case will go quicker. Which is a perfectly valid hope. It doesn't mean she thinks yours should be longer, it doesn't imply anything negative towards you at all but hoping that it's something positive for HER that her country isn't high fraud.

Please people :ot2: She didn't mean to be offensive and many of you are taking it to heart. She's new to immigration and can't possibly know everything involved with it. Can't possibly know the facts about high fraud versus low fraud outside of what she's been brought up being told so rather than getting narky about it, just explain where she is incorrect and tell her the facts... which we have. Moving on please.

---

OP - Post in the UK regional forum as while we can tell you roughly the NOA1 to NOA2 date, we can't tell you the UK specific stuff like someone from the UK can. Good luck and welcome to VJ and congrats on starting the process! You're in for a "fun" ride.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.