extremerecluse

Is this Fraud by definition

83 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

No need to tell me the truth? If a postal service customer asked an employee a question and the employee intentionally lied to that postal service customer, that employee would be history. I know because I am a postal employee.

apparently you work for a different kind of post office than I do....some times all we can do is give the best answer we know based on what is in front of us....and if I recall no one person knows all the answers, not even our higher ups but again maybe we work for different govt offices. These people are human just like us and some times have to find the best answer to fit the situation.

We are even some times told what to tell the customer by upper management....and I work on the customer service side of the post office and as a govt employee do the best I can for each customer as their needs are also unique and should be handled according (no cookie cutter answer). You as a regular employee do not have the authority to handle some situations or the power to change it.

Edited by wendy&tamer

Timeline

If I did this to a customer where I worked, I would be fired PRONTO!!!!

Being fired from the post office is near impossible and you know it as well as I do.....it takes something like stealing mail, money or hurting someone-or threatening...

But I do not understand why you keep bringing the post office into immigration as an example of how the government works....we are government but an self sufficient organization not on govt funds. What do our policies have to do with immigration. I went through immigration with my husband and we were satisfied even with our waiting time (which wasnt short as some or as long as others). We understand these people have their way and we waited our turn. If their call center is like ours (people not even associated with the organization but just a call center with scripts to read) then you cant blame them for their answer.

Edited by wendy&tamer

Timeline

(L)(F)Love is patient..If you cant tolerate USCIS for a year,Can you be able to tolerate her when you both are together....love is patient...it took you time to know her,to seat down everyday after work to talk to her on your laptop,it took you time to understand her,it took you time to love and trust her and still took you time time to fly half way round to world to meet her,why then is it too hard to wait regardless of how long it took for her to get to you becus true love is patient and can lead you thru when you both are not together.....Love is patient.....Try and keep busy,Talk to her more online,use skype,use webcam...it will help to bring you both together....and reduce the worries...

Cant give up becuz we live for each other.....(L)Love is patient

Oscar....great post, I love it...unless we know how to do their job then we dont know. If any of us had to do their job for even a day or week, we would have a better appreciation for what they do and what they have to put up with.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

(L)(F)Love is patient..If you cant tolerate USCIS for a year,Can you be able to tolerate her when you both are together....love is patient...it took you time to know her,to seat down everyday after work to talk to her on your laptop,it took you time to understand her,it took you time to love and trust her and still took you time time to fly half way round to world to meet her,why then is it too hard to wait regardless of how long it took for her to get to you becus true love is patient and can lead you thru when you both are not together.....Love is patient.....Try and keep busy,Talk to her more online,use skype,use webcam...it will help to bring you both together....and reduce the worries...

Cant give up becuz we live for each other.....(L)Love is patient

I agree 100%

event.png

event.png

Wait, I think the discussion got sidetrack. The point is, its hard to understand why some petitions get approved within a month when majority has to wait more than 4 months to get approve. There should be just one process to approve these petitions. If USCIS can approve it less than a month, why not approved all the easy one's (no RFEs) within a month. Why the delay? Job Security.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think the Department of State has more of an influence on these NOA2's that people have been waiting a long time for. For a spousal or fiance visa, your SO gets in line for an interview at a US embassy or consulate. There are only so many interviews that can be given each month all over the world, and it's different for each different country. I don't want to offend anyone, but the US doesn't have the same diplomatic relations with every country in the world. I think USCIS sorts petitions by country of beneficiary, before the "in the order they were received". I think the DOS only wants so many people waiting in line for a visa each month. They know how long it takes from petition approval to interview, for each different country. The DOS doesn't want people calling asking what's taking so long, they don't care if USCIS is busy. I think that's why some petitions are easier to approve, if it's for a beneficiary from a country where the wait time and the line for interviews is shorter. USCIS can just hire more people to answer the phone and say, "they're working on it, they'll let you know when they're done, don't ask again for one, two, three,or four months."

I think the Department of State has more of an influence on these NOA2's that people have been waiting a long time for. For a spousal or fiance visa, your SO gets in line for an interview at a US embassy or consulate. There are only so many interviews that can be given each month all over the world, and it's different for each different country. I don't want to offend anyone, but the US doesn't have the same diplomatic relations with every country in the world. I think USCIS sorts petitions by country of beneficiary, before the "in the order they were received". I think the DOS only wants so many people waiting in line for a visa each month. They know how long it takes from petition approval to interview, for each different country. The DOS doesn't want people calling asking what's taking so long, they don't care if USCIS is busy. I think that's why some petitions are easier to approve, if it's for a beneficiary from a country where the wait time and the line for interviews is shorter. USCIS can just hire more people to answer the phone and say, "they're working on it, they'll let you know when they're done, don't ask again for one, two, three,or four months."

Or maybe not. Three of five CSC approve petitions from February are from the Philippines. Same as me and many other older petitions. One of five CSC approved petitions from January are from the Philippines. Again same as me and many older petitions. If they were adjudicating petitions based on open interview slots, they should be doing the oldest petitions first.

What makes those petitions easier and/or more special than mine is a mystery that will never be solved. I am not angry with those who were lucky enough to have their petitions approved at lightening speed. I am very happy that they will soon be with their loved ones. I am angry with a system that appears to have no rules and no regard for those of use that have been waiting patiently for such a long time.

This will be my last post on this subject. I can only hope that I will get my approval soon.

John

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I guess that when my fiancée is here and we are married and gone through AOS and got her green card and applied for citizenship I might tell people to just wait. Your petition will be processed in due time. Don't worry about all those people that just applied 2 weeks ago and are already approved. That means nothing and you shouldn't worry about it.

For the record, I did know how long the process was when I met my fiancée and made the decision to go through the process to bring her here. My mistake was in assuming that everyone that applied would be treated the same and that everyone would be treated fairly. I do understand that there are those who require and are granted expedites. I do understand that USCIS hires new people and that they require training. I don't understand why these training exercises are not performed on petitions that are at or have exceeded the USCIS stated goal for processing time.

Like many others here, my loved one lives half a world away. I can not just jump on a plane and go see her for a weekend or what ever. I need her here with me so that I can tell others not to worry and that their petition will be processed in due time, just like you have told me.

John

John, thank you for your post -- it really convey the sentiment and desires of many...especially me. Keep the faith my friend.

July 2007 We met in Jamaica, WI (Monetgo Bay) through mutual friends
Oct. 2010 Formally Engaged!!!!
Nov 1, 2010 Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX (via Fed Ex)
Nov 2, 2010 Fed Ex received by J. Cates
Nov 5, 2010 NOA1 (via email notification) off to Vermont we go!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2010 Touch and Check was cashed!!
Nov 10 2010 Touch and Hard Copy of NOA1 received
Nov 12 2010 Touch
Nov 15 2010 Touch

ROC

Sept 30. 2013 Mailing i-751

Timeline

Being fired from the post office is near impossible and you know it as well as I do.....it takes something like stealing mail, money or hurting someone-or threatening...

But I do not understand why you keep bringing the post office into immigration as an example of how the government works....we are government but an self sufficient organization not on govt funds. What do our policies have to do with immigration. I went through immigration with my husband and we were satisfied even with our waiting time (which wasnt short as some or as long as others). We understand these people have their way and we waited our turn. If their call center is like ours (people not even associated with the organization but just a call center with scripts to read) then you cant blame them for their answer.

Now you say that the USCIS is a government organization? It is just as privately run as the US Postal Service, but the USPS is considered one of the most trustworthy govt organizations in the world. People can count on their mail arriving at the destination at a certain time. I maintain the processing machines and they are very reliable processing 40,000 each per hour. I think we should receive that same reliability. Human error occurs but it is not like in USCIS. The USCIS is too human labor intensive. And they are required to critically think while trying to maintain high production. Some how, most of the functions performed by people need to be performed by machines or computers in USCIS. It is a losing battle without automation of most of the process. Managers are almost required to fudge the numbers to make it seem as though they are succeeding in increasing production. Something needs to be done to improve the system at USCIS and thus far no progress has been made.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Now you say that the USCIS is a government organization? It is just as privately run as the US Postal Service, but the USPS is considered one of the most trustworthy govt organizations in the world. People can count on their mail arriving at the destination at a certain time. I maintain the processing machines and they are very reliable processing 40,000 each per hour. I think we should receive that same reliability. Human error occurs but it is not like in USCIS. The USCIS is too human labor intensive. And they are required to critically think while trying to maintain high production. Some how, most of the functions performed by people need to be performed by machines or computers in USCIS. It is a losing battle without automation of most of the process. Managers are almost required to fudge the numbers to make it seem as though they are succeeding in increasing production. Something needs to be done to improve the system at USCIS and thus far no progress has been made.

Last post from me on this subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

was a good one.. .

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.