florinaRO

VSC 's response to congressman inquiry

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, I understood that congressman cannot do anything ! Fine ! Today I have 5 months and 1 day , lets check who is my fiance's senator, he paid enough taxes all his life and now he needs to get help for his family .

I am sorry I CANNOT just stay and wait ! If the timing for VSC is 5 months than is 5 months. If they don't want me to bother them again they should update their website to 6 or 7 or.... months !

Do it. And don't quit until you get results. Your fiance's Senator gets his pay from his taxes for a reason: He works for your fiance and for all the other citizens who live in that state. And now it is time for the good senator to earn his paycheck.

I disagree 100%. About 3 and a half months into the process, I began complaining like a son-of-a you know what and within a week, my petition was approved. A handful of good friends of mine who filed their petition within days of mine ended up waiting over 6 months for their approval. If you complain hard "enough", you can get some action done. Trust me. It worked for me and it can work for others :thumbs:

To whom did you complain??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Do it. And don't quit until you get results. Your fiance's Senator gets his pay from his taxes for a reason: He works for your fiance and for all the other citizens who live in that state. And now it is time for the good senator to earn his paycheck.

Call the Senator & see what happens when you ask to speak directly to him or her. Demand that they put the Senator on the phone. Tell them about the taxes. Demand an explanation in writting.

You will find that all of this simply means nothing. These political people have been in office a long time. The immigration laws havent changed much for 60 years. Ask your politician to explain the last action they took on immigration reform.

Tell them what you will do when they dont conform to your demands. Tell them you will remove them from office & ask for a refund of those paychecks.

In the end you will end be better educated about how little influence any politician has over Homeland Security.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I disagree 100%. About 3 and a half months into the process, I began complaining like a son-of-a you know what and within a week, my petition was approved. A handful of good friends of mine who filed their petition within days of mine ended up waiting over 6 months for their approval. If you complain hard "enough", you can get some action done. Trust me. It worked for me and it can work for others :thumbs:

Who did you call and what number did you use? I have been calling the USCIS number, but all they say they can tell me is that they hav ethe application and that it will be looked at in turn. Please let me know the number you called. THANKS A LOT FOR THE INFO! :)

K-1 TIMELINE11/03/2010 Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS VSC
11/15/2010 Received NOA1 in the mail
02/04/2011 Requested expediting of case for military deployment
02/11/2011 Expediting request approved
02/22/2011 Received expediting request approval letter in the mail
02/28/2011 NOA2 Document Received in the mail
02/28/2011 NVC received and case # assigned
03/01/2011 Case sent to Embassy
03/04/2011 Case received at the Embassy
03/09/2011 Embassy sent Packet 3 via mail (we did not wait for it, downloaded forms online)
03/15/2011 Sent Packet 3 to the Embassy
03/18/2011 Embassy received Packet 3 in the mail
03/28/2011 Received Packet 4 from Embassy
04/20/2011 Embassy Interview Date (APPROVED)
04/27/2011 POE JFK, NY
AOS/AE/AP TIMELINE
06/24/2011 Mailed the AOS/EA/AP
07/05/2011 Received NOA1's for the AP/AE/AOS dated 06/27/2011
07/08/2011 Received NOA for biometrics appointment
07/25/2011 Biometrics appointment
08/24/2011 Received AP/AE card in the mail
09/08/2011 AOS interview APPROVED
09/09/2011 Card in production
09/19/2011 Green card on hand!

I-130 TIMELINE - STEPDAUGHTER I-751 TIMELINE-WIFE

04/07/2013 Mailed I-130 petition 06/10/2013 Mailed I-751 petition

04/14/2013 Received NOA1 inthe mail 06/19/2013 Received NOA1 in mail

05/04/2013 Requested expediting due to military deployment %

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

im going through the cairo embassy and i want my NOA2 asap so that I can at least be at the front of the backlog the closing creates

Your Timeline shows around Mid April for your NOA2 so you should have no worry by that time the Embassy should be reopened ..Good Luck :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Your Timeline shows around Mid April for your NOA2 so you should have no worry by that time the Embassy should be reopened ..Good Luck :)

yeah i know, good luck to you to. I am not worried about the embassy being open but more worried about the backlog of interviews that will have to be rescheduled which would push our interview date back alot. i really hope the embassy opens up and gets the interviews back on schedule

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Do call your congressman/ senator. Here's my story with the VSC:

2/7: 5 months since NOA1. Called USCIS and was denied a service request because 5 months is no longer outside normal processing times

2/8: Sent a letter to my senator

2/10: Called USCIS again and was able to put in a service request because I "felt that my case was taking longer than it should." They were able to do this. You just can't use the "outside normal processing times" wording because they will say it doesn't apply now. Called senator to confirm they received my letter.

2/11: Senator's office called me back (!) to say that my case was assigned to an officer on 2/10. That seemed like progress, and can't have been a coincidence. And I wouldn't have known it was assigned unless the senator's office told me.

So, yes, I think these things can help a little bit...although I have yet to see that NOA2...

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Call the Senator
Dig this, si man: When I was in the throes of being hosed (along with innumerable others) by the Guayaquil consulate, a contact referred me to the chief aide for Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison. After 3 days of leaving messages or waiting fruitlessly on hold, I finally reached the aide. I concisely explained the situation and had just begun to ask for assistance when she cut me off, saying, with obvious disdain (and these verbatim words are forever burned into my brain), "The Senator has far more important things to do than to concern herself with one person's K-1 application."

The esteemed Senator has (for about the third time) promised not to run for re-election. We'll see about that.

In regard to what one's Congressman can do, it depends. Congressmen themselves can't directly intervene with consulates or embassies, because it would violate Congressional Ethics rules. However, a good staff member is worth his/her weight in gold.

As a footnote, my Congressman-at-the-time's aide told me, flat out, "USCIS is our very worst [Federal agency]."

So, what you all are going through is not new, and you're not alone, no man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Do complain to your Congress Member and Senators.

Who says they can't do anything? Congress created USCIS 10 years ago, and they can disband them just as easily as they disbanded INS when they created USCIS.

But as long as Congress thinks that the Vermont DIsservice Center is working well, they have no reason to take action. They need to hear, from us, the truth about the Disservice Center, how it is a complete abomination and total failure before they will even want to do anything. And they can't just hear from one of us. They need many hundreds of complaints before they will take action.

I filed my complaints a long time ago, with both of my Senators and my Congressman, and I even went to Hal Rogers, Chairman of the Appropriations Committee. I told the whole story about the lies, the incompetence, the indifference to our needs, and the TPS debacle.

Congress is no longer in Obamination's pocket. In case nobody noticed, lots of Republicans got into office this past November, and they would love a Republican in the Oval Office in 2013. They love to latch on to Obmination's failures, and the TPS debacle is a big one.

Timeline

"USCIS is our very worst [Federal agency]."

USCIS is the worst organization in the history of the human race. Wild dogs can do a better job.

In fact, even these guys do a better job:

monkeys.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do complain to your Congress Member and Senators.

Who says they can't do anything? Congress created USCIS 10 years ago, and they can disband them just as easily as they disbanded INS when they created USCIS.

But as long as Congress thinks that the Vermont DIsservice Center is working well, they have no reason to take action. They need to hear, from us, the truth about the Disservice Center, how it is a complete abomination and total failure before they will even want to do anything. And they can't just hear from one of us. They need many hundreds of complaints before they will take action.

I filed my complaints a long time ago, with both of my Senators and my Congressman, and I even went to Hal Rogers, Chairman of the Appropriations Committee. I told the whole story about the lies, the incompetence, the indifference to our needs, and the TPS debacle.

Congress is no longer in Obamination's pocket. In case nobody noticed, lots of Republicans got into office this past November, and they would love a Republican in the Oval Office in 2013. They love to latch on to Obmination's failures, and the TPS debacle is a big one.

Al, I have been following your posts for some time and usually completely agree with you and admire your "git 'r done" spirit. Our time lines are also pretty close. I have also sent letters to two Senators and my Congressman this past week. Just curious as to what you have heard back from yours, if any of them?

Happy journey's, however long and unnecessary they are...

09/21/10 - I-129F Sent!

09/23/10 - I-129F Received in Dallas, TX

09/28/10 - Text & E-mail NOA1 (It was at 12:44AM, weird) Notification that our case was transferred to VSC.

09/29/10 - Check cashed

09/30/10 - NOA-1 Hard Copy dated Sep. 27, 2010

10/03/10 - TOUCH!

After numerous calls to USCIS, my two Texas Senators and a Congressman, the latter got an "expedite" put through (if you can call a month and a week after ONPT an expedite). Just never let up! Even though mine took way too long, there were people who were a month before me and waited longer because they just sat back and watched. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

03/31/11 - NOA-2!

04/05/11 - Received NOA-2 hard copy.

04/07/11 - NVC Received

04/12/11 - Case left NVC via DHL

04/14/11 - Consulate Received Hard Copy of Case

event.png

Personal attack removed. Continued attacks will result in administrative action.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.