Justine+David

To cut or not to cut...

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

When studying philosophy, I had the opportunity to really dig deep into this subject, and I'm very passionate about it.

Like cutting off the ####### with a piece of glass, known as Pharaonic circumcision, cutting off part of the ####### of a newborn child is about as cruel as it gets and thus genital mutilation. Before you do something so horrifying like this, read about guys, many of them Jews, who have been circumcised as children and today feel like rape victims. Getting parts of your body cut off because your parents liked the idea is different from making an informed decision as an adult.

http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_psychological_effects.html

http://med-fraud.org/medical_fraud__and_the_criminal_24.htm

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I used to have a friend at work who's brother needed to have his removed as an adult ( mostly because he was a pig when it came to hygiene) That is not something any adult male should have to go through. My own sons are cut, when my husband has sons I guess we will discuss it. Personally I don't care

Wow, so I am curious, then, if he could say whether he had more sensation before than he does now or if there really is no difference. I mean, once he healed...

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow, so I am curious, then, if he could say whether he had more sensation before than he does now or if there really is no difference. I mean, once he healed...

So the story goes that the foreskin act as a shield to the ####### head being touched by clothing and then when you get an erection and the head is no longer covered it isn't used to the sensation of something touching it so it feels "new" once you no longer have this then your ####### gets touched all the time by your underwear and becomes more immune to the sensation of something touching it. But I wonder if the foreskin itself isn't a form of touching. Maybe the best option would be being cut and wearing really loose clothing so nothing touches it at all.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

So the story goes that the foreskin act as a shield to the ####### head being touched by clothing and then when you get an erection and the head is no longer covered it isn't used to the sensation of something touching it so it feels "new" once you no longer have this then your ####### gets touched all the time by your underwear and becomes more immune to the sensation of something touching it. But I wonder if the foreskin itself isn't a form of touching. Maybe the best option would be being cut and wearing really loose clothing so nothing touches it at all.

The theory goes more like this:

The foreskin covers the #######, which protects the head. The head is then highly sensitive when the foreskin is retracted (as happens when entering the #######). You might guess what happens next.

Men who are circumcised do "lose" sensitivity around the head of the ####### due to it abrading against their clothing and being exposed while bathing. What this tends to do however, is help them last longer during intercourse.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two men, strangers to each other, are in an airport restroom, peeing into a trough urinal. The guy on the right glances at the guy on the left and says, "You're Jewish, right?" The guy on the left says, "Why, yes, I am!" They continue peeing.

The guy on the right says, "And you're from Chicago, right?" The guy on the left says "Why, yes! How did you know?" They continue peeing.

The guy on the right says, "And your rabbi is Rabbi Schwartz, right?" The guy on the left is completely amazed. "Why, yes, he is! We've never met before, but you seem to know all about me -- how is that?"

The guy on the right says, "You know how Rabbi Schwartz cuts on the bias?" "Yes," says the guy on the left.

"You're peeing on my leg."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Effective medicine needs to balance preventive, curative, and palliative care. Preventive care has to be based on an objective look at the risks and benefits. Should we cut or should we clean? Does my son really need his risk of having a UTI as a young child reduced from lower than that of my daughter to even lower? It might be better to schedule him for an appendectomy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

this is a strange topic for me to see on these message boards but I couldn't resist!

Last year I was working with the Centers for Diesease Control and Prevention in Africa on HIV/AIDS and I was amazed by the amount of information out there about prevention of transmission of HIV through male circumcision. I was even more amazed by the number of adult or young adult men who were getting it done in rural areas of Africa because of the public health prevention messaging around HIV transmission.

I can't really give an opinion either way but I can say some of the men I heard from while in Africa said they made the decision to do it for their own health and safety and it wasn't traumatic. (if I were them I would have been traumatized...lol)

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-07

Touched: 2010-12-13

Learned about that in nursing school way back in the day and I dunno--it doesn't figure with me. You are only *less* likely to get HIV if you are circumcised, however, it's not in totality. If you continue to have unprotected sex in a population known to have such a high rate of HIV, sooner or later you will get it. Maybe not as soon as the uncircumcised chap, but still.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I have more guy friends that are sorry their parents got them cut than friends that are happy their parents cut them. there are entire websites dedicated to men trying to restore their foreskin by 'stretching'. it's sad. I'd rather my 'hypothetical' son make his own decisions when he's older and can have control over his own body. it's not my body and it's not my choice. same would go for ear piercings and any other body mods. personally, having had past relationships with cut vs uncut men - I'm VERY happy my fiancé is intact.

food for thought:

by cutting baby boys, are we releasing ourselves from teaching our children good hygiene?

why do we find it socially acceptable to mutilate a baby boy's genitalia, but not a baby girl's?

-

for any of you that are adamantly for circumcising boys, you should go out there and research the foreskin (restoration, parents that wished they hadn't, etc)

Edited by Becky&Steven

02-date forgotten-2008: met online playing a game called lineage 2

06-17-2009: met in person for the first time!

06-26-2009: proposal <3

10-6-2009 through 11-3-2009: lived together for a month

03-24-2010 through 03-30-2010: traveled to meet his family

06-16-2010: started printing paperwork for I-129F package

06-25-2010: mailed off the I-129F package!!!

07-06-2010: NOA1 (according to the paper I hadn't got yet)

07-08-2010: check cashed

07-12-2010: hard copy NOA1 received in the mail

07-12-2010: touched

10-03-2010: touched

10-29-2010: NOA2!

11-08-2010: NVC received our petition

01-01-2011: called embassy as we never got packet 3. got "lost" in the mail. worst 2 months ever!

01-18-2011: medical! passed!

02-18-2011: INTERVIEW! APPROVED!!

03-02-2011: FLIGHT! POE: Dulles Airport!

03-09-2011: marriage certificate/license complete!

05-11-2011: mailed out AOS package (after a long fight getting the varicella vax done, and the medical paperwork completed)

05-13-2011: package delivered

08-11-2011: welcome to the united states notice! green card coming in 3 weeks!

for any of you that are adamantly for circumcising boys, you should go out there and research the foreskin (restoration, parents that wished they hadn't, etc)

I don't think I see anybody in the thread who is "adamantly" in favor of it.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

In certain countries they prohibit cutting off pieces of ears and tails to dogs, but it's still permitted to mutilate a baby for no reason.

This thing of it being cleaner sounds like bs to be, because otherwise we would have to cut off our ears to prevent earwax formation. Unless there is a medical condition, I think it's just wrong to do it.

I figured my husband would know more about it than I would, so I let him choose for our son. He decided to go for it, so we did. I probably shouldn't volunteer any more information beyond that because I think he'd prefer I didn't lol

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

David and I are thinking about having kids in the next few years and while talking to my Dad about it, he was surprised and a bit disgruntled when I told him that we would not be circumcising any male children that we have. It got a little heated and I left the conversation quite put out. David would never think about it and I take care of sick babies for a living--no way could I ever stand to do it.

It fascinates me that most American men are cut yet the opposite is true of the rest of the world's men. Any of you folks out there have male children? Do you/did you plan to circumcise? Did you run across any resistance or ridicule on either side? That is, assuming that you broadcast your choice to the world :P

I am a nurse and discussed it with several physicians. There is no convincing medical argument for circumcision and it is a surgery which is not without risks. If we began to circumcize female babies people would rush to stop the barbaric practice yet they willingly chop off the end of thier newborn son;s #######. My son;s father wanted to do it so they would look the same. I found no logic in that argument. His father is a carpenter so I said ok, if you slice off the tip of your finger at work do we do the same to the baby so you look the same? My child is intact as nature intended. Do your research. Don't let anyone else decide for you what is right or safe for your child.

In certain countries they prohibit cutting off pieces of ears and tails to dogs, but it's still permitted to mutilate a baby for no reason.

This thing of it being cleaner sounds like bs to be, because otherwise we would have to cut off our ears to prevent earwax formation. Unless there is a medical condition, I think it's just wrong to do it.

I could not agree more!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We allow people to mutilate their bodies for any number of vain reasons. They tattoo pierce and nip and tuck and suck themselves to their hearts content. We could go into a huge argument on if the foreskin is a functional body part or a evolutionary vestige that will wither away in time. Just like pieced ears , style comes and goes.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

^^ totally true, but generally those folks are at least 18 years old and can make their own decisions. Those that are being circumcised as infants have NO say in this permanent act.

except the moms who pierce their 2 month old's ears... :bonk: had a kid come in last week to our unit who had an infection from said pierced ears and got pretty sick...

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.