Justine+David

To cut or not to cut...

33 posts in this topic

My wife and I are having our first baby in August. If we have a boy we do not think that we will have our baby circumcised. There is a lot of myth surrounding the reasons for circumcision and you need to remember that a lot of people are making a lot of money in the American Health Care System, would it be as openly recommended for all if was an NHS style state funded system? I think you are making the right decision.

http://www.coloradonocirc.org/myths.php

Silence is golden, but Duck tape is silver.

We are having our first baby in August and we have a boy we have decided against it being cut. There is a lot of myth surrounding the reasons for having it done and I think a lot of these myths are being pushed on people. Remember that a lot of people are making a lot of money in the US Health care system. Would it be as openly recommended if they operated an NHS style, State funded system? I think you are making the right decision.

http://www.coloradonocirc.org/myths.php

Sorry didn't realise the first one had posted! lol

Silence is golden, but Duck tape is silver.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

^^ totally true, but generally those folks are at least 18 years old and can make their own decisions. Those that are being circumcised as infants have NO say in this permanent act.

except the moms who pierce their 2 month old's ears... :bonk: had a kid come in last week to our unit who had an infection from said pierced ears and got pretty sick...

Oh no! I was always against the pierced ears, but a lot of my friends have had babies and done it in the past few years so I was coming around. You definitely reminded me why I was so against it in the first place.

BTW, my son from a previous relationship is not cut. His father was American, but I had dated a lot of European men before him and thought that I would eventually leave him and take the baby with me to Europe one day. He was adament about about the baby being cut, so I told him if he got off his a## and had the money to pay for it he could take the baby to go have it done. It turns out he was a deadbeat that hasn't been around anyways.. glad I didn't let him tell me what to do with MY son.

My husband is British. His mum is a pediatric nurse. There is no way we would have it done to any of our kids without there being a medical reason and MULTIPLE doctors telling us it was necessary.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.