Aly174

Help!...4 page RFE received

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Optimistically, hoping for our NOA2..I opened the mailbox today to find a rather thick envelope containing a 4 page RFE for our I-130....I am so frustrated and upset right now...We have been married for a little over 2 years and I sent in an almost 1 and a half inch thick package full of supporting evidence with the petition. I have even lived most of the last 2 years over there with my husband...and yet they still need more proof of our ongoing relationship? Luckily, I am planning on going to visit him in a few weeks because some of the stuff they want there is no other way I could get it. Also they have on the RFE that I indicated that he entered the US on July8, 2001 and they want a copy of the I-94 and his passport pages along with any authorization to work....He has never been in the US, he has never been outside of Egypt or on a plane for that matter!!! I just spoke with an officer at USCIS and explained this..he kind of laughed and said that is weird, I don't know where they got that from..it is our mistake...just write a little note with your other evidence explaining what you just told me and providing his address and wherabouts at that time...-VERY PROFESSIONAL USCIS, r we mixing up petitions now??? Some of the other evidence they are requiring:

-81/2"x 11" color photo of each of us

-a current color photo of the two of us together holding a recent newspaper with the date clearly visible in the photo

- a current I-864 (yes, an 864 for and we are only in the petition stage)

-both of our bank statements and any credit card statements from Feb 09-April 09

-both of our employer's names and contact info along with our last 3 paystubs

-copies of any joint accounts/insurance policies or leases- we don't have any of this...that is why we provided affidavits from friends and family as well as all supporting evidence such as mailings, emails, chat logs, phone records, travel receipts for the past 3 years.

-a detailed explanation of how we met, if online they want credit card statements- it was a freakin chat room for god's sake!

-a detailed explanation as to why we didn't have a big wedding celebration or a honeymoon

-a statement detailing the store name, address and phone number where my wedding ring was purchased along with a credit card statement or receipt.

Does this seem a little excessive to anyone else? I am more than a little overwhelmed right now and wishing I had just stayed in Egypt back in August and done DCF route.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oh boy - Egypt? Sorry, you've gotten pegged.

USCIS smells a rat, and is applying the 'hard test' with that RFE.

Yer not the first one, alas -

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow that seems a bit much, especially coming from USCIS. But I didn't file for the CR1 so I'm not sure if you're suppose to provide all that from the beginning. I can only imagine how frustrated you are...good luck!!

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

It seems that you have been targeted by USCIS which is very strange and unusual. Not sure if its the times or if they anticipate fraud due to where your spouse is coming from. Good luck and hope some of the experienced VJer's can provide you some good advice!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am so sorry. :(

This seems very excessive to me especially given the length of the marriage and the frequency and length of your visits to Egypt. I would be overwhelmed as well and this is one of the reasons I keep thinking it might be better in the long run if I just go live in Egypt and avoid this whole process altogether.

I hope someone here can help you. Be strong, you and yours will get through this. It just seems like so much right now, especially with how worried we already feel about what's going on in the country.

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

They are asking for I-864. Have your petition been approved?

No we are still in the petition phase waiting for the final approval and NOA2...that is what seems so weird, I've never heard of USCIS requesting the I-864.

Thank you to all who have responded so far...I literally felt like someone punched me in the stomach when I opened and read the letter...I have known several people over the past few years who have been through this process even with Egyptian spouses and fiances and some of them have had difficulties but I've never heard anything like this...Our relationship is so evident and we provided above and beyond what they ask for for proof, so this really came out of left field....We will be working on the evidence package to send them when I go there, my trip now for early March is definitely on as we both feel it's not longer an option but a necessity...

I would appreciate any insight, advice or help that anyone can offer...Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Optimistically, hoping for our NOA2..I opened the mailbox today to find a rather thick envelope containing a 4 page RFE for our I-130....I am so frustrated and upset right now...We have been married for a little over 2 years and I sent in an almost 1 and a half inch thick package full of supporting evidence with the petition. I have even lived most of the last 2 years over there with my husband...and yet they still need more proof of our ongoing relationship? Luckily, I am planning on going to visit him in a few weeks because some of the stuff they want there is no other way I could get it. Also they have on the RFE that I indicated that he entered the US on July8, 2001 and they want a copy of the I-94 and his passport pages along with any authorization to work....He has never been in the US, he has never been outside of Egypt or on a plane for that matter!!! I just spoke with an officer at USCIS and explained this..he kind of laughed and said that is weird, I don't know where they got that from..it is our mistake...just write a little note with your other evidence explaining what you just told me and providing his address and wherabouts at that time...-VERY PROFESSIONAL USCIS, r we mixing up petitions now??? Some of the other evidence they are requiring:

-a current color photo of the two of us together holding a recent newspaper with the date clearly visible in the photo

-both of our bank statements and any credit card statements from Feb 09-April 09

-copies of any joint accounts/insurance policies or leases- we don't have any of this...that is why we provided affidavits from friends and family as well as all supporting evidence such as mailings, emails, chat logs, phone records, travel receipts for the past 3 years.

-a detailed explanation of how we met, if online they want credit card statements- it was a freakin chat room for god's sake!

-a detailed explanation as to why we didn't have a big wedding celebration or a honeymoon

-a statement detailing the store name, address and phone number where my wedding ring was purchased along with a credit card statement or receipt.

Does this seem a little excessive to anyone else? I am more than a little overwhelmed right now and wishing I had just stayed in Egypt back in August and done DCF route.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Sorry, hit reply before I typed

I rarely say this, but it might be one of those rare instances where contacting your Senator might actually be helpful.

It sounds like from what you are saying that USCIS has sent this off to the fraud unit for some reason, or as you mention the July 2001 date and they think he was here, they may in fact have inadvertently merged two files, or did some kind of security check and his name came up .. which is fairly common in that part of the world for same-name hits. You can ask your Senator to have the immigration admin person in his/her office inquire and ask USCIS supervisor to review the file and make sure your file has not been blended with someone else's file at some point in the process. Give them the copy of the RFE where it says you indicated he was here in July 2008 as your "proof" they have mixed the files up.

Asking for the 8 1/2 x 11 Color photo sounds like they want to run it through facial recognition software...????

Or... it could be some RANDOM audit they do internally to "test" the system like IRS does and you just happen to be the unlucky couple.

4 page RFE ? Wow, is it single or double spaced typing?

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

No we are still in the petition phase waiting for the final approval and NOA2...that is what seems so weird, I've never heard of USCIS requesting the I-864.

Thank you to all who have responded so far...I literally felt like someone punched me in the stomach when I opened and read the letter...I have known several people over the past few years who have been through this process even with Egyptian spouses and fiances and some of them have had difficulties but I've never heard anything like this...Our relationship is so evident and we provided above and beyond what they ask for for proof, so this really came out of left field....We will be working on the evidence package to send them when I go there, my trip now for early March is definitely on as we both feel it's not longer an option but a necessity...

I would appreciate any insight, advice or help that anyone can offer...Thanks!

I would definately call back in the morning and request a supervisor and be persistant until you speak with one. The people that answer the phone really have no clue as to what is going on and are pretty much helpless. I know USCIS does do some security checks, but from what I understand in CR1 cases, most of the security checks are done at the NVC. I would think you would be more likely to get a request like this from them if something didn't seem right. As you stated they probably messed up your file somewhere along the line. You said you lived in egypt for almost 2 years, but what concrete evidence did you provide them with? Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Keep us updated, good luck!!

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Sorry, hit reply before I typed

I rarely say this, but it might be one of those rare instances where contacting your Senator might actually be helpful.

It sounds like from what you are saying that USCIS has sent this off to the fraud unit for some reason, or as you mention the July 2001 date and they think he was here, they may in fact have inadvertently merged two files, or did some kind of security check and his name came up .. which is fairly common in that part of the world for same-name hits. You can ask your Senator to have the immigration admin person in his/her office inquire and ask USCIS supervisor to review the file and make sure your file has not been blended with someone else's file at some point in the process. Give them the copy of the RFE where it says you indicated he was here in July 2008 as your "proof" they have mixed the files up.

Asking for the 8 1/2 x 11 Color photo sounds like they want to run it through facial recognition software...????

Or... it could be some RANDOM audit they do internally to "test" the system like IRS does and you just happen to be the unlucky couple.

4 page RFE ? Wow, is it single or double spaced typing?

Good luck

I agree with this. They may have matched his name with someone else's (hence the request for I-94 for 2001 that doesn't exist) and that may have elicited such a response.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

I remember at least two other members getting huge RFE's not too long ago(i believe they were identical), both beneficiaries from Egypt.

Here's one,LINK, I don't remember who the other member was.

I too remember at least 2 members who received an RFE like that and if I was not mistaken it was samonline(he's from Egypt too) and lisamarie whose husband is from Morocco....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

SamOnline, another member from Egypt, another member petitioning for her Moroccan husband, and we got a 4-page RFE (that I know of). Ours were all identical, but completely different from yours, from what I can see. They asked for very different documents than they are asking from you. It almost sounds like they didn't believe you were in Egypt, or they completely got you mixed up with someone else.. I think you should call and try to get to the bottom of it, because it seems like something might not be right. And also, I have never heard of anyone being asked for the I-864 at the USCIS stage. It's very strange. I would call tomorrow for sure. Best of luck to you;)

I too remember at least 2 members who received an RFE like that and if I was not mistaken it was samonline(he's from Egypt too) and lisamarie whose husband is from Morocco....

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

See this scares the ####### out of me. The basics are not always what they want. So how does one know they submitted all that they would need.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.