Aly174

Help!...4 page RFE received

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

IMO before you try to gather all this ridculous information (that you don't even have, at least some part of it) try to make sure it's really your husband they are screening. That doesn't seem like a "test" it seems like they really want you to not get the visa. Call and make sure they got the right guy asap!!!

Good luck :thumbs:

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Austria

Marriage: 2010-11-19

I-130 Sent : 2010-12-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-01-05

I-130 NOA2 : 2011-05-09

Received NVC Case Number on 5/21,

Sent DS-3032 and paid AOS bill on 5/21,

Paid IV Bill on 5/25

Sent both packages on 6/1

Packages arrived 6/6

SIF & CC 6/20

Medical 7/25

Interview 8/9

Received visa 8/16

Flight to the US 10/4 (POE = IAD)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry, hit reply before I typed

I rarely say this, but it might be one of those rare instances where contacting your Senator might actually be helpful.

It sounds like from what you are saying that USCIS has sent this off to the fraud unit for some reason, or as you mention the July 2001 date and they think he was here, they may in fact have inadvertently merged two files, or did some kind of security check and his name came up .. which is fairly common in that part of the world for same-name hits. You can ask your Senator to have the immigration admin person in his/her office inquire and ask USCIS supervisor to review the file and make sure your file has not been blended with someone else's file at some point in the process. Give them the copy of the RFE where it says you indicated he was here in July 2008 as your "proof" they have mixed the files up.

Asking for the 8 1/2 x 11 Color photo sounds like they want to run it through facial recognition software...????

Or... it could be some RANDOM audit they do internally to "test" the system like IRS does and you just happen to be the unlucky couple.

4 page RFE ? Wow, is it single or double spaced typing?

Good luck

Thanks for the advice....I really believe too that they mixed him up with someone else in regards to the supposed July 2001 US entry...as for the rest perhaps it was set into motion bc of the nonexistent nondocumented entry...I am definitely going to dig much deeper before I send anything....I am going to make an appointment to try and see an IO in person in Orlando ASAP, hopefully they would be able to see exactly what is initaiting all of this...

Btw- it was single spaced typing about 12 paragraphs

Timeline

I would definately call back in the morning and request a supervisor and be persistant until you speak with one. The people that answer the phone really have no clue as to what is going on and are pretty much helpless. I know USCIS does do some security checks, but from what I understand in CR1 cases, most of the security checks are done at the NVC. I would think you would be more likely to get a request like this from them if something didn't seem right. As you stated they probably messed up your file somewhere along the line. You said you lived in egypt for almost 2 years, but what concrete evidence did you provide them with? Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Keep us updated, good luck!!

I did speak with a tier 2 officer when I called yesterday he is the one that said..."That is weird, I don't know where they got that from.....our mistake" then he went on to say "Just write a little note explaining what you have just told me that he was never in the US or even outside of his country and that nowhere on your petition does it state otherwise, and provide his exact wherabouts for that time and it will be ok"... That seems too easy to me, so I am definitely going to dig much further and speak with higher personel before responding.

As for my living in Egypt the past 2 years, I provided my travel receipts and copies of all passport pages entry and exit stamps as well as my 1 year residence visa...I also sent lots of pictures and receipts showing the many things we did together throughout that time and copies of my work contracts, my employee evaluation, letters and contact info for my coworkers...not sure what else I can provide to further prove we lived together as husband and wife already for almost 2 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I did speak with a tier 2 officer when I called yesterday he is the one that said..."That is weird, I don't know where they got that from.....our mistake" then he went on to say "Just write a little note explaining what you have just told me that he was never in the US or even outside of his country and that nowhere on your petition does it state otherwise, and provide his exact wherabouts for that time and it will be ok"... That seems too easy to me, so I am definitely going to dig much further and speak with higher personel before responding.

As for my living in Egypt the past 2 years, I provided my travel receipts and copies of all passport pages entry and exit stamps as well as my 1 year residence visa...I also sent lots of pictures and receipts showing the many things we did together throughout that time and copies of my work contracts, my employee evaluation, letters and contact info for my coworkers...not sure what else I can provide to further prove we lived together as husband and wife already for almost 2 years.

I responded to your other thread before I saw this one!:innocent:

It really does sound like they had you mixed up with someone else. Or for some reason they believe that this is not his first application for a visa.

As sadly as it sounds, I think you makng an info pass to the USCIS office in Orlando just might get you some answers. OR you can call again, but this time make a list of all the pages what you want to address and tell them upfront. This is just the I-130 application and it is asking for ALL this extra evidence including the 864. Tell them you want to address each and every thing that is listed on here.

I don't know, but IMO it does sound like they believe your husband may be someone else in their system. Be persistant. Don't take any old answer, just keep talking or being involved until it's cleared up!

Good luck!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think And_Sam's approach will be best, for now, until 'this stuff' is cleared up. I'm leaning towards 'mixed up casefiles (plural)'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Going to Orlando office to meet with immigration officer on Feb 22 at 8am...hope this helps....should I take everything I sent with I-130 package and also as much as I can from the RFE?

I would take everything and bombard them with it and ask why what you submitted wasn't sufficient, and to prove that no where on the petition did you state your husband was here. Also, I know you said you provided them with proof you lived there and your work history, but do you have anything concrete to prove that you both physically lived at the same address? I'm not trying to play the devils advocate here, but they may argue that just because you lived there doesn't prove you lived as husband and wife. I'm just trying to think and help as much as I can so that they can't come back later and request more documents or delay this more. I would also take what you can for the RFE, but I'm sure you're still going to have to send it in to USCIS.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Timeline

There is a lot of weirdness in this RFE, the Photo of you both holding a news paper, requesting form I-864 and that he went to the US in 2001, well you gotta make sure that this envelope was intended to you and not to someone else

Is the case number on this RFE the same as the case number on NOA1 ?

Just make sure

Good Luck

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Timeline

Just wondering...is it odd that there still is no mention of this being sent to me on the USCIS website when I log into my account nor does it mention it on the automated phone line when I check status? Both only say that case was received Sept 11 and NOA1 sent out, and website lists 9/27 as date of last activity..I already have an infopass appointment on Feb 22, but I was just wondering about this...thanks for all the help and advice so far, I'll keep all posted on progress...

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just wondering...is it odd that there still is no mention of this being sent to me on the USCIS website when I log into my account nor does it mention it on the automated phone line when I check status? Both only say that case was received Sept 11 and NOA1 sent out, and website lists 9/27 as date of last activity..I already have an infopass appointment on Feb 22, but I was just wondering about this...thanks for all the help and advice so far, I'll keep all posted on progress...

Hey, what happened with your appointment yesterday?

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Timeline

Hey, what happened with your appointment yesterday?

Sorry, I have not checked in here for several days....just to update I had to reschedule my appointment due to my work schedule so now I am going this Thursday March 3 at 7:30 am...I will definitely post my results when I get home...a little worried as I was talking with a coworker who has dealt with them quite a bit and says everyone at that office is horribly rude and unhelpful...hoping for the best though..the week will end on a positive note either way as I am flying out Friday night to go spend 10 days with my hubby!!! :dance:

Timeline

Sorry, I have not checked in here for several days....just to update I had to reschedule my appointment due to my work schedule so now I am going this Thursday March 3 at 7:30 am...I will definitely post my results when I get home...a little worried as I was talking with a coworker who has dealt with them quite a bit and says everyone at that office is horribly rude and unhelpful...hoping for the best though..the week will end on a positive note either way as I am flying out Friday night to go spend 10 days with my hubby!!! :dance:

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow, keep us posted!!! And have a safe trip, I'm sooo jealous, but happy for you!!! :dance:

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Timeline

I just got back from my infopass appointment, they were very nice and helpful...after reviewing my copy of the I130 I sent and looking up our case the IO concluded that they must have somehow mixed up our case number with another case...he said that he could see no reason or flags that would have caused the RFE we received, that there were no name hits, background investigations were clear...he made a copy of the RFE and initiated an inquiry...I was told that I would receive a letter in response to the inquiry within 15-30 days but that in the meantime his suggestion was that we go ahead and gather all the evidence requested and treat it as though it is a valid RFE but that it is up to us if we want to go ahead and send everything in or wait until we receive their response...All in all it was a good morning and I am feeling much better about this whole thing...Thanks to all who offered suggestions and support, I am getting ready to fly over to Egypt tomorrow night...I'll stay in touch and keep all posted as this evolves..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank goodness....and that makes more sense. What are you going to do, are you going to gather all the information and send it, or just wait? Enjoy your trip to see your husband and be safe! :)

I just got back from my infopass appointment, they were very nice and helpful...after reviewing my copy of the I130 I sent and looking up our case the IO concluded that they must have somehow mixed up our case number with another case...he said that he could see no reason or flags that would have caused the RFE we received, that there were no name hits, background investigations were clear...he made a copy of the RFE and initiated an inquiry...I was told that I would receive a letter in response to the inquiry within 15-30 days but that in the meantime his suggestion was that we go ahead and gather all the evidence requested and treat it as though it is a valid RFE but that it is up to us if we want to go ahead and send everything in or wait until we receive their response...All in all it was a good morning and I am feeling much better about this whole thing...Thanks to all who offered suggestions and support, I am getting ready to fly over to Egypt tomorrow night...I'll stay in touch and keep all posted as this evolves..

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

So glad to hear it went well, what a relief to you and your hubby I'm sure. Now you can go visit him and not have to worry about his mess. Have a safe trip, and have fun!!

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.