ozgurl

K1 Visa ...timed out

36 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh boy, that's sad news... I'm sorry to hear that! The information about your denials are still not very clear to me either (just like with the previous replies).

Here's how I understand your case, please correct me if I'm wrong:

~ In 2008 - I129-F Petition was approved, but it timed out because you didn't go to the interview (no way this petition can be re-opened)

~ So, you had to file another petition in July 2010 - I129-F Petition was re-filed (for the second time, right?)

when did you get the notice that our second petition got denied by USCIS???

When did you file your appeal and how???

When was the appeal denied???

Your fiance in the US can contact his Senator to ask some help on your case.

He can also visit a local USCIS office in his state to ask for advise.

Another option is maybe for your fiance to marry you in Australia, make dozens of proof that the relationship is genuine, and file for an immediate relative visa petition instead of a fiance visa petition. The process will sure take a long time, but it's worth a try if all else fails...

Ok we found out December 31st 2010 that it was denied and the denail of appeal we found out 31st Jan 2011....we are devastated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok so you never had a visa or even an interview, it was the petition that was denied. That is strange- where a petition is denied, it is usually because the couple is not free to marry (not properly divorced etc), or they have not met in person within the last 2 years.

So, yet again- who denied you, and what proof exactly did you send (chat logs, emails, phone logs- from when to when, how many photos etc). How many times did you visit eachother and when was the last time?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry this happened to you. You should really have your fiance come onto this site to explain what he did in the process. I'm sure he will get great advice on what to do next once we figure out what was actually done.

Also did your fiance submit phone records, emails and chat logs to prove an ongoing relationship?

I don't think anyone can truly help you unless you give us a better idea of the sequence of events.

I would like to know (in chronological order) the timeline of the 2008 case and the 2010 case and the dates of your visits to each other.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When was the last time you and your fiance saw each other face-to-face? If it wasn't within two years of filing then you aren't eligible. If it WAS within two years of filing, did your fiance send evidence of that meeting with the petition?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When was the last time you and your fiance saw each other face-to-face? If it wasn't within two years of filing then you aren't eligible. If it WAS within two years of filing, did your fiance send evidence of that meeting with the petition?

I got all the way to the bottom of this thread wondering the same thing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I got all the way to the bottom of this thread wondering the same thing.

I think that might be the problem that when they filed again in 2010 or appealed in 2010 that they had not seen each other in the past 2 years. The story seems strange but not enough detail well not explained enough in point from would be good cause I remember OZGURL

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

From what I see in this situation is 2 things....the 2 year requirement of seeing each other hasn't occured, and if I did, there has not been enough evidence sent.

And the second thing I am trying to understand, the OP states that she never went to the interview?...well..when you don't go to the interview, there is a particular time frame given, if you don't go, the petition goes dead and you have to start all over again.

Had you gone to the interview,...had it approved, visa in your passport, then giving you 6 months to enter and had not been able to...depending on a case-by-case basis, the consulate extends the K-1 visa for you for a little while longer.

I know this for a fact because my friend had that happen with her fiancee`, he couldn't make it within the 6 month period due to university etc, etc. She flew down there, they visited personally with the consulate and had it extended a few more months and they were good to go...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

We did see each other in feb 2010 and he is also coming over to see me in 2 weeks

So was that visit before or after your fiance filed the second I-129F petition in your behalf?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

So was that visit before or after your fiance filed the second I-129F petition in your behalf?

He refiled 1-129F petition in July 2010 therefore after his visit. Does anyone know what we can do now??

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

He refiled 1-129F petition in July 2010 therefore after his visit. Does anyone know what we can do now??

You can file again and do it right this time. Your denial makes no sense so far though. Getting a petition approved carries a very low standard. As long as you're both single, he's not a child molester, you file the necessary documents along with actual evidence of being together in the same place in the two years prior to the filing date, the petition should be approved.

The only explanation I can think of is that you failed to provide evidence asked for. Photographs together are not evidence of meeting in the past two years. Did you include primary evidence like boarding passes or passport stamps? What exactly was the text explaining the reasons in the letter denying the petition?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

You can file again and do it right this time. Your denial makes no sense so far though. Getting a petition approved carries a very low standard. As long as you're both single, he's not a child molester, you file the necessary documents along with actual evidence of being together in the same place in the two years prior to the filing date, the petition should be approved.

The only explanation I can think of is that you failed to provide evidence asked for. Photographs together are not evidence of meeting in the past two years. Did you include primary evidence like boarding passes or passport stamps? What exactly was the text explaining the reasons in the letter denying the petition?

They wrote new facts were not supported ....we sent photos stamps of my fiancee arriving in Australia from his passport and that we had been together for 7 years and the reason we didnt proceed when the petition was approved eg my daughter having a baby ....it did mention that there were no affidavits because we thought that was not required....we are not giving up but my fiancee said that at the end of the page that the petition was dismissed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.