one...two...tree

The Anti-Science Party

146 posts in this topic

Timeline

I am Christian and believe in evolution. Most Christians I know do so also. I know one Creationist also. I know my brother is an Atheist and my best friend is agnostic and they believe in evolution. I think Creationism is a bunk science as much as Global warming is.

The GOP has been taken over by politicians who have a general distrust in science, which is rooted in their religious fundamentalism. There's a list somewhere that shows how many Republicans in Congress don't believe in Evolution, let alone believe that Global Warming is anything but a communist conspiracy to take away their gas guzzlers.

Lets see the list.whistling.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mark, you are off base if your measure is if others' beliefs are valid or not depending on the level or intensity of which they are mocked.

I said no such thing. I respect your *right* to believe what you wish,

just don't ask me to respect your *beliefs*.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

If I wasn't on my phone I would +1 stina just because she stands up for what she believes in without being pushy or rude.

To be fair, she did say Mark was a jerk. That was a teeny litle bit of rudeness.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

If my post was so pushy and rude, why did it get a +6?

this post is kinda all over cos I'm half asleep still...

I didn't say your post was pushy and rude. I was talking about other people who post about their belief in god. there's only two people on vj who post in religious threads where I take the time to read and consider their posts. stina is one, and bishopm is the other. I feel they're both very intelligent and take the time to really explain why they feel the way they do. they do this without pushing their beliefs onto others.

I don't really care enough about religion to have a strong opinion about it. People who are super religious seem waaaay crazy to me. I have a cousin who says mary speaks to him and tells him to build stuff in honor of god :blink: I think he has a serious problem. I've suggested schizophrenia many times.

for me, science just makes sense. I have a pretty strong background in science and the more I've learned about it, the more I feel my choice is validated. I just think people (some, not all) who are religious are the same way. they may know about science, but the more they learn about god they feel their choice is validated.

Edited by Amby

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That doesn't mean it is NOT worth repeating again, so others can "get it."

:star:

On the contrary. Given its contentious nature as a statement of opinion, continuing to posit it unsupported, as if it were axiomatic, is almost the very definition of worthlessness.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

If my post was so pushy and rude, why did it get a +6?

Actually it wasn't that post that was very pushy or rude, since as I said it was tame compared to many other comments you make on the subject.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

While you have the right to your beliefs, you don't have the right

not to be mocked if other people find your beliefs silly.

That's not a view that the site TOS enforcement.holds

:thumbs: to "Ron"

I don't actually use the report button much though, because a suspension doesn't change a person's mindset. But once in awhile, it's very handy because certain things should not be tolerated.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

:thumbs: to "Ron"

I don't actually use the report button much though, because a suspension doesn't change a person's mindset. But once in awhile, it's very handy because certain things should not be tolerated.

How can you complain about someone if you aren't willing to take the appropriate steps to correct it? If it is against the terms of service, then so be it, but a vast majority of what he posts doesn't. Being snide is not against the TOS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ridiculing people I find rather cruel, whatever the circumstance.

Their beliefs, however, have every right to be mocked, and to take offense when a belief you hold is questioned or satirised is a personal sensitivity by which other people ought not be muzzled.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Their beliefs, however, have every right to be mocked, and to take offense when a belief you hold is questioned or satirised is a personal sensitivity by which other people ought not be muzzled.

you let us know how that works out when you try it with islam.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

How can you complain about someone if you aren't willing to take the appropriate steps to correct it? If it is against the terms of service, then so be it, but a vast majority of what he posts doesn't. Being snide is not against the TOS.

It doesn't really matter if the vast majority of what someone writes doesn't go against the TOS when something they write does. Is calling believers dumb-f's against the TOS in your opinion? And really, that's only a small bit of the mocking he's done which he doesn't even deny! It's not limited to Christianity, by the way. In fact I have seen him treat other religions on here even worse, like Islam. I realize sometimes people don't notice certain offenses when it isn't actually offending them as they read it.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It doesn't really matter if the vast majority of what someone writes doesn't go against the TOS when something they write does. Is calling believers dumb-f's against the TOS in your opinion? And really, that's only a small bit of the mocking he's done which he doesn't even deny! It's not limited to Christianity, by the way. In fact I have seen him treat other religions on here even worse, like Islam. I realize sometimes people don't notice certain offenses when it isn't actually offending them as they read it.

I know his stances on religion. But my point remains. If you are unwilling to do anything about it, then you have no right to complain.

Timeline

I know his stances on religion. But my point remains. If you are unwilling to do anything about it, then you have no right to complain.

Actually confronting that person is doing something about it, which is a right that I have. I spoke right to him, not complained about him to someone else instead.