one...two...tree

The Anti-Science Party

146 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Real Time" host Bill Maher asked Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) a fairly straightforward question: "Do you believe in evolution?" Kingston not only rejected the foundation of modern biology, he explained it this way: "I believe I came from God, not from a monkey." He added, "If it happened over millions and millions of years, there should be lots of fossil evidence."

Seriously, that's what he said.

Let's pause to appreciate the fact that it's the 21st century -- and Jack Kingston is a 10-term congressman who helps oversee federal funding on the Food and Drug Administration.

As part of the same discussion, former Canadian Prime Minister Kim Campbell tried to ask Kingston about the overuse of antibiotics. The far-right congressman had no idea how the question related to evolution.

At one point, Kingston, sarcastically, turned to National Review's Will Cain, part of the same roundtable, and said, "Will, help me out anytime you want, buddy."

The assumption, of course, is that Cain, a conservative, must agree with the confused congressman about modern science. Cain responded, "I'm sorry, I believe in evolution."

Will, you're not the one who should be sorry.

In the larger context, there's a renewed push underway for the United States to value and appreciate science in the 21st century -- our future depends on it. And while this push is underway, Republican leaders are more comfortable walking a bridge to the 18th century.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I believe in evolution.

I do not believe in global warming.

Russian scientists tell us we will all be pulverized instantly by a giant meteor in 2036. If so, why worry about Global Warming? If not so, then the scientists are wrong. Scientists CAN be wrong and have been wrong. It is never a matter of politics whether scientists are right or wrong. Only a matter of which political opinion controls the checkbook at the moment.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

"Real Time" host Bill Maher asked Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) a fairly straightforward question: "Do you believe in evolution?" Kingston not only rejected the foundation of modern biology, he explained it this way: "I believe I came from God, not from a monkey." He added, "If it happened over millions and millions of years, there should be lots of fossil evidence."

Let's pause to appreciate the fact that it's the 21st century -- and Jack Kingston is a 10-term congressman who helps oversee federal funding on the Food and Drug Administration.

As part of the same discussion, former Canadian Prime Minister Kim Campbell tried to ask Kingston about the overuse of antibiotics. The far-right congressman had no idea how the question related to evolution.

At one point, Kingston, sarcastically, turned to National Review's Will Cain, part of the same roundtable, and said, "Will, help me out anytime you want, buddy."

The assumption, of course, is that Cain, a conservative, must agree with the confused congressman about modern science. Cain responded, "I'm sorry, I believe in evolution."

Will, you're not the one who should be sorry.

In the larger context, there's a renewed push underway for the United States to value and appreciate science in the 21st century -- our future depends on it. And while this push is underway, Republican leaders are more comfortable walking a bridge to the 18th century.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/

I believe in evolution and I believe in God. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I believe in evolution and I believe in God. The two are not mutually exclusive.

That's true. If I were a Christian I would simply say "God created evolution" Why not? What could more of an "intelligent design" than to allow your creation to morph itself to meet the changing needs.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's true. If I were a Christian I would simply say "God created evolution" Why not? What could more of an "intelligent design" than to allow your creation to morph itself to meet the changing needs.

The issue is "infinite regress".

Evolution is the solution to the problem of organised complexity: that which exists in the world which could not have come about by chance alone. Presuming that evolution itself has a designer necessitates that that designer be at least as complex as the phenomena evolution so elegantly explains. Thus we regress to an even more difficult problem.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Yup.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:thumbs:

Evolution is the solution to the problem of organised complexity: that which exists in the world which could not have come about by chance alone. Presuming that evolution itself has a designer necessitates that that designer be at least as complex as the phenomena evolution so elegantly explains. Thus we regress to an even more difficult problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

That is the short description of God. He wasn't created, He created everything including evolution. It isn't an infinite regress unless you insist that God had a creator.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That is the short description of God. He wasn't created, He created everything including evolution. It isn't an infinite regress unless you insist that God had a creator.

I know, I heard this argument that God just exists, he always has. It cannot easily be disproved but I cannot see any logic or evidence in favor either. On the contrary, it seems totally ILLOGICAL. But if it brings you comfort that you need believing we have some sort of supernatural 'daddy' up there to take care of us then you should ignore my heathen statements! :lol: But PLEASE, don't advocate for or try to impose laws on the rest of us that are based on your god-mythology!