one...two...tree

The Anti-Science Party

146 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually confronting that person is doing something about it, which is a right that I have. I spoke right to him, not complained about him to someone else instead.

I think we both know that won't accomplish your desired result.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is calling believers dumb-f's against the TOS in your opinion?

I didn't, actually. I just said the world is full of dumb-f's, which makes them ripe for the picking by religious movements.

Actually confronting that person is doing something about it, which is a right that I have. I spoke right to him, not complained about him to someone else instead.

And I appreciate that.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think we already know Steve is big and fluffy, so ur right, no need to say it.

My point is, Mark, that Evolution and Creationism do not need to be mutually exclusive theories.

:star:

A SCIENTIFIC theory, as opposed to one pulled out of.... whatever, needs EVIDENCE, as opposed to 'faith'. There is no verifiable evidence for creation. There is overwhelming evidence supporting evolution. So yes, 'creationism' is excluded as a scientific theory!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A SCIENTIFIC theory, as opposed to one pulled out of.... whatever, needs EVIDENCE, as opposed to 'faith'. There is no verifiable evidence for creation. There is overwhelming evidence supporting evolution. So yes, 'creationism' is excluded as a scientific theory!

Not to mention creationism doesn't explain who created the creator, and who created

the creator's creator, and the creator's creator's creator...

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:thumbs:

If I wasn't on my phone I would +1 stina just because she stands up for what she believes in without being pushy or rude. I'm not religious and dont believe in god, but I always take the time and enjoy reading her posts in threads about religion. Even though i dont share the same beliefs, i think she does a fantastic job answering questions about religion.

I will agree that Chri'stina is very nice and polite and I hereby apologize to her for being condescending! :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Not to mention creationism doesn't explain who created the creator, and who created

the creator's creator, and the creator's creator's creator...

You have every right to feel the way you do. But by putting down the beliefs of others you are putting them down as well. That isn't a very civilized way to conduct yourself. Why don't you take the high road and just live and let live. We all know you don't believe and any further redicule is only for making others feel badly. If that is your goal then carry on. I will do something that you don't want, didn't ask for and will say is a waste of time. I am going to pray for you. I will ask that you are shown that other peoples feelings are tied up in their beliefs and mocking their beliefs is really mocking them. Peace be with you Mark. God and I love you.

Filed: Timeline

You have every right to feel the way you do. But by putting down the beliefs of others you are putting them down as well. That isn't a very civilized way to conduct yourself. Why don't you take the high road and just live and let live. We all know you don't believe and any further redicule is only for making others feel badly. If that is your goal then carry on. I will do something that you don't want, didn't ask for and will say is a waste of time. I am going to pray for you. I will ask that you are shown that other peoples feelings are tied up in their beliefs and mocking their beliefs is really mocking them. Peace be with you Mark. God and I love you.

mawilson doesn't believe in feelings either

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

mawilson doesn't believe in feelings either

maybe that's why he keeps trying to sell me insurance! :ranting:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I just love the new conservative and religions narrative when it comes to evolution. They can no longer deny the mountain of physical evidence of evolution, so they try to construct it within the confines of the bible.

Edited by Rob & Mel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

I just love the new conservative and religions narrative when it comes to evolution. They can no longer deny the mountain of physical evidence of evolution, so they try to construct it within the confines of the bible.

Its only new to you. I haven't believed in traditional creation since I learned to read.

Timeline

Its only new to you. I haven't believed in traditional creation since I learned to read.

I didn't believe in it from my first day at sunday school. My parents eventually morphed a story so that I would stop asking so many questions and getting kicked out of sunday school. I was really into dinosaurs when I was a little kid, so as soon as the nun started in with the timeline of Adam and Eve, I was out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What absolute nonsense.

I believe in liberal principles. Others do not. When I see articles dissecting the tenets of my political inclinations, or satirical cartoons ridiculing them, I am hardly wont to take offense - and if I did, I would not be so hysterical to demand that those dissenters be silenced.

I'm afraid "being offended" grants you no rights whatsoever, nor wins you any arguments.