one...two...tree

The Anti-Science Party

146 posts in this topic

Who's to say that God isn't a giant fluffy hamster named Steve floating in outer space?

But why say it?

I think we already know Steve is big and fluffy, so ur right, no need to say it.

My point is, Mark, that Evolution and Creationism do not need to be mutually exclusive theories.

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Atheists don't have a "belief system". And before you lay that old

chestnut on me about atheism being a belief system - no, not believing

in something without evidence is NOT the same as believing something

without evidence. The former is rational, the latter is not.

Thank you!! I get so sick of hearing this.

Also, where is the anger and intolerance in this post? It's simply facts laid out. Atheists are neither angry or intolerant simply by nature of being atheist.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Gary, I don't agree with you often, but this is one time you are spot on. +1 :thumbs:

Who is to say that God did not choose to create life thru an evolutionary process?

It doesnt have to be one or the other, black or white.

Good news for both of us! I don't believe in creationism at all. But if I did, I would say God created evolution and baffle all of them!

The Christians are missing the boat if you ask me (but what would I know?) by not claiming that evolution IS intelligent design. In fact, if there were ANY evidence of a "god", evolution would HAVE to be it! Religious people long ago made the fateful decision that they did not "own" evolution and they have been fading fast ever since.

Kinda like the railroads that decided they were in the railroad business instead of the transportation business. Had they decided right, we would have Santa Fe airlines.

Instead, the resistance they give to evolution os one of the leading reasons people believe religion and God are just a scam. They should have jumped all over evolution when Darwin wrote the book! They should have made Darwin a Saint!

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Atheists don't have a "belief system". And before you lay that old

chestnut on me about atheism being a belief system - no, not believing

in something without evidence is NOT the same as believing something

without evidence. The former is rational, the latter is not.

I can't tell you how sick I am of reading comments from people being very condescending towards those who hold religious beliefs in any form. I could possibly not care as much if I went around treating people like garbage on here because they don't believe like I do. I might understand it more then. But since I try to be calm in what I write, and some people like you around here want to be smug all the time and show how much better or more intelligent you are for not believing anything like that. You are simply a jerk. The post quoted above is actually one of the most tame I have see from you on the subject. I didn't wish to quote your words that I found offensive because I have manners.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline

If I wasn't on my phone I would +1 stina just because she stands up for what she believes in without being pushy or rude. I'm not religious and dont believe in god, but I always take the time and enjoy reading her posts in threads about religion. Even though i dont share the same beliefs, i think she does a fantastic job answering questions about religion.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

If I wasn't on my phone I would +1 stina just because she stands up for what she believes in without being pushy or rude. I'm not religious and dont believe in god, but I always take the time and enjoy reading her posts in threads about religion. Even though i dont share the same beliefs, i think she does a fantastic job answering questions about religion.

Thank you.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If I wasn't on my phone I would +1 stina just because she stands up for what she believes in without being pushy or rude.

If my post was so pushy and rude, why did it get a +6?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

While you have the right to your beliefs, you don't have the right

not to be mocked if other people find your beliefs silly.

Mark, you are off base if your measure is if others' beliefs are valid or not depending on the level or intensity of which they are mocked.

It makes YOUR credibility questioned. Why should YOU care what others' beliefs are valuable to others?

Instead, Mark should just say, "My beliefs are A + B + C, and all others' beliefs are wrong.... Eat apple sauce and hooey!"

Even if you beleive in NIHILISM, please lay it on the line, so others know where U R coming from.

Only then, can they pick YOU apart, like YOU pick THEM apart. :whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif