K&D

In what order are applications processed???

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does anyone know how the K1 is processed? In what order? Is there a specific order? It's so frustrating to see several couples receiving the NOA2 that filed after we did. Does it not matter "when" you sent in your paperwork? At first I thought it depended on the country, but recently I've seen people from the same country that have NOA1 dates later than ours, already receiving the NOA2. :/ (our NOA1 date is 8/6/10)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Despite USCIS denials, if you are Haitian, you go to the front of the line.

After that, if you are a California filer, you get yours done a month ahead of the Vermont filers.

After that, pick up some dice and roll them.

The process stinks beyond description, in this and many other ways.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Does anyone know how the K1 is processed? In what order? Is there a specific order? It's so frustrating to see several couples receiving the NOA2 that filed after we did. Does it not matter "when" you sent in your paperwork? At first I thought it depended on the country, but recently I've seen people from the same country that have NOA1 dates later than ours, already receiving the NOA2. :/ (our NOA1 date is 8/6/10)

I´ve heard that they even play a lottery so if u r lucky yours get done very fast.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When they receive your application, it gets packed into a file folder. The file folders are put in boxes. The boxes are put on shelves in roughly chronological order. The boxes sit on the shelves. When an adjudicator finishes a box of files, he goes to the shelves and takes the next box. So the cases are processed in roughly the order they are received, plus or minus a random factor of a several weeks or so depending on how fast the box got filled and put on the shelf, whether or not other boxes of the same arrival time ended up ahead of it, how fast adjudicator gets through his boxes and where in the box your case ended up.

Complicating this is the additional factor that the service center management will move adjudicators from one case type to another if a backlog has built up between the different types of boxes.

So yeah, figure they're handled chronologically plus or minus a random factor of a few weeks, plus or minus a random factor of a month or so depending on the current processing priority at the service center. Chronologically +/- a few days +/- a few weeks +/- another few weeks. So individual timelines are pretty unpredictable, but cases filed at the same time end up being processed within a few weeks of each other, overall.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

This is interesting question. I wondered the same thing recently. There was an individual from Cuba that filed on 11/23/2010 and has already received their NOA2. I was like.... WHAT???? So go figure.

Rolling the dice I guess.

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

This is interesting question. I wondered the same thing recently. There was an individual from Cuba that filed on 11/23/2010 and has already received their NOA2. I was like.... WHAT???? So go figure.

There are some cases where a file is taken out and completed as a training exercise. Overall however, the situation is more like what HeathDeath described.

That has happened at both service centers, both from Cuba. Go figure............ The process, as it is at the moment, stinks

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

It's an interesting response from HeatDeath (1/20 at 1:47 pm) that appears to explain the timeline statistics.

HeatDeath - are you able to share your source for this information?

And in HeathDeaths day of waiting for approval this would have been a qualified explanation. HeathDeath got their NOA2 in 72days!!.... Oh how i dreamt that would be the way for us.Now the wait time is 5 months or more.

In fact Al422 is right on the money. TPS applications got in the way of I-129f's being approved in any great numbers. And completions of I-129F's are at a two year low. With two Cuban petitions, one from each service center, getting approved in just over a month lately, who the hell knows what really goes on at USCIS.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

HeatDeath is right. Also, some applications take longer for background checks.

Course, according to some people, they take these boxes and then throw darts at them. After that, they use the selected petitions as seat cushions while they play solitaire and laugh at how they are ruining our lives and plot new 'lies' to tell the general public. :rofl:

Edited by KiwiBird
Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

When they receive your application, it gets packed into a file folder. The file folders are put in boxes. The boxes are put on shelves in roughly chronological order. The boxes sit on the shelves. When an adjudicator finishes a box of files, he goes to the shelves and takes the next box. So the cases are processed in roughly the order they are received, plus or minus a random factor of a several weeks or so depending on how fast the box got filled and put on the shelf, whether or not other boxes of the same arrival time ended up ahead of it, how fast adjudicator gets through his boxes and where in the box your case ended up.

Complicating this is the additional factor that the service center management will move adjudicators from one case type to another if a backlog has built up between the different types of boxes.

So yeah, figure they're handled chronologically plus or minus a random factor of a few weeks, plus or minus a random factor of a month or so depending on the current processing priority at the service center. Chronologically +/- a few days +/- a few weeks +/- another few weeks. So individual timelines are pretty unpredictable, but cases filed at the same time end up being processed within a few weeks of each other, overall.

Pretty please, stop calling petitions applications. It confuses people to no end. Otherwise, great description of the process. One thing I would add is that all petitions are not created equal and the adjudication process has more than one step with some petitions either getting delayed between steps or requiring extra steps. So, not all petitions in a given "box" or stack are approved the same day. Some may take several days to several weeks longer once the box comes of the shelf. It would be accurate to say that a rough chronological order applies to when adjudication begins but a rougher connection to when adjudication is completed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I thank God for VJ and all the users. I am hurting as I wait to receive my NOA2, but when I open VJ and begin to read the responses here....I am sometimes filled with laughter. We are all frustrated as we wait, but once I get here and see the others that are going through the same thing and hear the encouraging remarks; I feel much better. BUT.....I STILL WANT MY NOA2!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's an interesting response from HeatDeath (1/20 at 1:47 pm) that appears to explain the timeline statistics.

HeatDeath - are you able to share your source for this information?

GaryAndAlla is friends, or at least acquaintances [or at least was] with one of the former higher-ups of the VSC, and put together a QnA which I think is still stickied somewhere in here.

I did try to take the Haitian situation into account in my explanation. If the service centres have allocated a significant fraction of their adjudicators to other types of petitions, then there are fewer adjudicators pulling boxes of I-129Fs off the shelves, and thus it takes longer for them to be processed, by a constant multiplicative factor proportional to the reduction of I-129F adjudicators.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Some applications take priority eg some military members asked for thier applications to be expedited because they are deploying within a month or two --so they are priortise .It holds true for for some state dept /dept of defense officials since they will be relocating to another country due to their jobs .Also some govt officials falls into this category due to the nature of their job (dont quote me ---lol) , and of course others have ''contacts ''. It is not fair --but what is fair now in this world . What can we do----We all have to suck it up and wait our long awaited turn .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HeatDeath is right. Also, some applications take longer for background checks.

Course, according to some people, they take these boxes and then throw darts at them. After that, they use the selected petitions as seat cushions while they play solitaire and laugh at how they are ruining our lives and plot new 'lies' to tell the general public. :rofl:

Not kewl kiwi <_<

K-1

8/5/2010 - NOA1

10/3/2010 - Touch

3/2/2011 - Touch, RFE :-(

3/11/2011 - Touch, RFE response Ack

4/13/2011 - Your I-129f was approved in 251 days from your NOA1 date

5/16-17/2011 - Medical

6/1/2011 - Visa Interview at USEM

6/18/2011 - POE (Las Vegas)

9/1/2011 - Marriage!

- - - - - - - - - - -

AOS

9/22/2011 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.