USCISANNOYED

RFE after LONG WAIT!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

What the heck?? I paid for an immigration lawyer to look over my documents.. She even gave me a discount becuase she thought it was soooo goood and professional and now after a long wait with 4 days left till the 5 month average, I get an email saying RFE!!! What they need my DNA sample? USCIS is such bull ######. They should get a real job. I mean come on, ####### is your problem government??? You eat my money with taxes and ###### try to ruin my life. She's my wife, i made love with her, want to impregnant her, make way over the poverty line , been with her over 3 years and ####### you want??? soooo annoyed... now i have to wait for the mail to find out what they want on my Request for more EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!! cause they are so lazy they can't send a non-automatic email. GRRRRRRRR!!!

HERE"S THE EMAIL::

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: ############

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence

On January 12, 2011, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

What the heck?? I paid for an immigration lawyer to look over my documents.. She even gave me a discount becuase she thought it was soooo goood and professional and now after a long wait with 4 days left till the 5 month average, I get an email saying RFE!!! What they need my DNA sample? USCIS is such bull ######. They should get a real job. I mean come on, ####### is your problem government??? You eat my money with taxes and ###### try to ruin my life. She's my wife, i made love with her, want to impregnant her, make way over the poverty line , been with her over 3 years and ####### you want??? soooo annoyed... now i have to wait for the mail to find out what they want on my Request for more EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!! cause they are so lazy they can't send a non-automatic email. GRRRRRRRR!!!

HERE"S THE EMAIL::

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: ############

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence

On January 12, 2011, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Me too...but they will send in your hard copy exactly what they want from you. I sent lots of evidence of meeting in person in past two years, but none of it with dates including year, so they want copies of all my passport pages. They make this so unclear when you file, and quite frankly until recently I was confused by VJ's information, too. Don't worry, I felt just as frustrated as you, but luckily the turnaround looks fast for approval...take care!

I-751 Removal of Conditions sent - 9/7/13

NOA1 received - 9/17/13

Biometrics appointment - 10/8/13

Removal of Conditions approved - 12/16/13

A bit TMI, but anyways......

Why are you so mad at USCIS, the RFE was most likely an oversight on both your and your lawyer's part (because even having a lawyer, it is YOUR case not their's). USCIS get the information, they process the information and they approve the petition, that's it. If what they need is not there then they can't do their job and waste both your time, and their time requesting more info.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A bit TMI, but anyways......

Why are you so mad at USCIS, the RFE was most likely an oversight on both your and your lawyer's part (because even having a lawyer, it is YOUR case not their's). USCIS get the information, they process the information and they approve the petition, that's it. If what they need is not there then they can't do their job and waste both your time, and their time requesting more info.

:thumbs:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

are you certain it's for DNA ?

The form letter, I-797-C, coming in solely via postal mail, will state what it is -

and what you've shown us in the email notification ...

which never, ever states what the RFE is actually for.

Sorry for yer plight, though...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Why are you mad at them?

You obviously did not include some desired evidence or what you sent was very lacking and non-substantial. If you had taken the time to do your homework and followed the VJ Guides to the letter, this would not have happened.....unless you really do not have the basic evidence they will ask for.

This stage of the K-1 is so basic it is 99.9% the petitioner's fault for not supplying them with what they have explicitly requested. Follow their instructions, if you have it to provide, and all will be fine. Your attitude that it is someone else fault is typical of today's society......I could guess at your age but will not.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My brilliant, detail oriented engineer fiance and our well-paid lawyer BOTH missed a lone box on one form asking whether or not the petitioner had ever been convicted of a crime.

An RFE was issued 5 months and 2 weeks after our NOA1.

There was nothing to do but check the appropriate box. Getting angry won't get you through the process any faster.

Edited by iampatricias

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks for the quick responses. I was just venting after my anxiety on the matter. It's the California Service Center.. I know they are doing their jobs but I just think they are requesting too much. And, I did spend a lot of time into it with more evidence then what is required. My packet looked like a book, tabbed, and organized. Anyway, I'm eager to hear what more evidence they need. I do hope it's just a minor missed box. Thanks for your support those that replied. Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's sooo stressful! While you wait for the details, maybe read through the RFE Master List in this section of the forums so you can see what kinds of things people have gotten RFEs for and how they've dealt with them. You might be surprised at how little it takes, or what kinds of "additional evidence" other folks submitted to get to their NOA2s.

At the very least, it'll make some time go by and you'll come out more prepared!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I feel for you.......... We waited over six months and finally after a service request and inquiry from the Senator, got a 3-page RFE. We are waiting for 2-4 months for a decision. We also filed through CA, although we filed the CR1 rather than K1. I hope yours is something simple. I know the waiting is tough, I got the same thing, a text and email that there was an update, went to the site and saw that I had an RFE but had no idea what it was until it actually came in the mail. Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the quick responses. I was just venting after my anxiety on the matter. It's the California Service Center.. I know they are doing their jobs but I just think they are requesting too much. And, I did spend a lot of time into it with more evidence then what is required. My packet looked like a book, tabbed, and organized. Anyway, I'm eager to hear what more evidence they need. I do hope it's just a minor missed box. Thanks for your support those that replied. Thank you.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would just like to remind everyone that while we fully appreciate how frustrating this process is, especially when you receive unwelcome news, it is inappropriate to use obscenities and expletives while posting on this site. The site software has removed them in this post but it is obvious where they are. Again, we fully appreciate the frustration but ask your co-operation in keeping the immigration sections of this site family friendly.

To the OP, the good news is that they are reviewing your application right now. I hope that the RFE is for something so minor that you can kick yourself for its oversight and it will be quickly resolved so the processing can continue and you get your NOA2. Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Considering that I have gotten ZERO from the Vermont Disservice Center, not even a touch, I would be happy with an RFE. At least that way I would have my NOA2 within 60 days. Right now, all I have is more drifting through the haze of USCIS La La Land.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.