Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

QUESTION YALL!!!....

can i fly over to see my fiance in america from australia for like a week?!?!?! whilst waiting for my NOA2??!?!?! i need to know ASAP...as i need to get over there :) tah

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Yes, just have the normal proof that you'll be returning to your home after the trip just in case they ask.

Ben

10/23/2009 - Met on eHarmony

09/20/2010 - Got engaged at the top of the London Eye 🙂

11/24/2010 - I-129F sent to Texas dropbox

11/29/2010 - I-129F received by CSC

03/21/2011 - Touched!

04/18/2011 - NOA2 approved by CSC 4 months 3 weeks after NOA1

07/18/2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!

09/20/2011 - Married!

10/11/2011 - AOS package mailed to Chicago lockbox

10/18/2011 - AOS package routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/19/2011 - I-765 EAD noted on USCIS site

10/22/2011 - I-797C for AOS and EAD received

11/08/2011 - AOS file transferred to CSC

11/10/2011 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

12/12/2011 - Green card received dated 11/23/11

09/20/2013 - I-751 sent to CSC

09/23/2013 - I-751 received at CSC - NOA1

10/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

08/29/2020 - N400 Application submitted online

08/29/2020 - N400 fee taken

01/20/2021 - Biometrics re-use notification

04/14/2021 - Interview scheduled notification

05/11/2021 - Interview!

05/11/2021 - N-400 Recommended for Naturalization!

06/02/2021 - Naturalization oath ceremony!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone. New to the thread & also a December filer. I haven't been on here too much since we filed, but lately I've been antsy! Glad to know we aren't in this alone & happy to hear from all of you.

-CJ

:energy: Welcome CJ & W to the Thread!!!!:energy:

Happy to could join this Decemberite Family.

Our Thread Map will help you navigate around.

We're working now on NOA2 documents, Wedding planning, Health & Fitness and our Decemberite Int'l Cookbook!

Have fun here and look forward to your postings.

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CONGRATS ON THE NOA2!!!!

Updated 3/23/2011

21nmuza.png

Hello December filers!

Dizzylox, my papers are with VSC, if you may kindly include that info pls.

Thank you so much and i hope everyone will have a smooth sailing journey!

9/14/02 - became a couple

5/2/06 - his migration :(

6/17/09 to 12/1/09 - wonderful period of living together in US!

11/28/10 - I-129F sent to Lewisville,TX via UPS

11/30/10 - package received

12/02/10 - cheque encashed

12/7/10 - electronic confirmation of package; routed to VSC

12/9/10 - touched (?)

12/9/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military installation

12/30/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military unit

1/05/11 - NOA1 hard copy finally reached his maibox, yey!

2/25/11- called military helpline to request expedite I-129f processing

/28/11 - received USCIS letter requesting documents to support expedite request

3/11/11 - faxed documents to USCIS

3/22/11 - approval notification of expedite request received through mail

3/25/11 - approval email notification of expedite request

3/28/11 - I-129F petition for fiancee application approved!!! a step closer!!!

4/4/11 - VSC sent to Manila

5/04/11 - Medical at St. Luke's (passed!)

5/05/11 - vaccination

5/17/11 - USEM Interview, approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok i was trying to edit to add a little more info, but was not permitted to do so...anyhow, additional details:

When you say fondled, do u mean touched? :whistle: LOL! mine was touched last Dec. 9. fiance called military helpline to request assistance for expedite on Feb 25, and received an email response fro USCIS on the 28th, requesting for documents to support his expeditious application request. He faxed the documents on March 12.

You and Mari are doing a great job for December filers! thank u so much for keeping us posted xoxo

9/14/02 - became a couple

5/2/06 - his migration :(

6/17/09 to 12/1/09 - wonderful period of living together in US!

11/28/10 - I-129F sent to Lewisville,TX via UPS

11/30/10 - package received

12/02/10 - cheque encashed

12/7/10 - electronic confirmation of package; routed to VSC

12/9/10 - touched (?)

12/9/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military installation

12/30/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military unit

1/05/11 - NOA1 hard copy finally reached his maibox, yey!

2/25/11- called military helpline to request expedite I-129f processing

/28/11 - received USCIS letter requesting documents to support expedite request

3/11/11 - faxed documents to USCIS

3/22/11 - approval notification of expedite request received through mail

3/25/11 - approval email notification of expedite request

3/28/11 - I-129F petition for fiancee application approved!!! a step closer!!!

4/4/11 - VSC sent to Manila

5/04/11 - Medical at St. Luke's (passed!)

5/05/11 - vaccination

5/17/11 - USEM Interview, approved!

Hey there! Yeah... i figured if I put you guys at the top whose information isn't updated on the Timeline, you'd get around to telling me where your petition lives! Haha. And yes "Last Fondled" = "last touched" it's our little inside joke. I'll update as soon as I post the new timeline. :)

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey there! Yeah... i figured if I put you guys at the top whose information isn't updated on the Timeline, you'd get around to telling me where your petition lives! Haha. And yes "Last Fondled" = "last touched" it's our little inside joke. I'll update as soon as I post the new timeline. :)

I was wondering why I wasn't the first anymore! I had to start hunting :rofl:

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys and gals...

Even though we're not supposed to be planning our weddings... I thought with the good news this week of our first Decemberite NOA2... a little wedding planning never hurt anyone!

So here's an important and helpful link about wedding invitation etiquette.

http://www.beau-coup.com/wedding-invitations-etiquette.htm

I'm sure some of you will be paying for your own wedding and wondering "how the heck am I supposed to describe this??" Check out the link above and the Knot's page that allows you to select your wedding situation and read about the appropriate way to word an invite.

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-invitations.aspx

Happy non-wedding planning until you get your NOA2!!

*wendie*

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-07

Touched: 2010-12-13

:energy: Welcome CJ & W to the Thread!!!!:energy:

Happy to could join this Decemberite Family.

Our Thread Map will help you navigate around.

We're working now on NOA2 documents, Wedding planning, Health & Fitness and our Decemberite Int'l Cookbook!

Have fun here and look forward to your postings.

Mari

Thanks Mari. It looks like you guys have a well organized discussion here & I'm happy to be a part of it. Getting up to date with past posts...

We just got "fondled" as well. It is nice to know our papers aren't just collecting dusk and being moved around once in a while! :blink:

Wedding Plans: Extremely minimal. We want to get married in a courthouse and have a big wedding one year later so we have time to save & make it FABULOUS!

Fitness: Working on it! Just lost 5 lbs and counting. :dance:

Cookbook: Not much cooking with the diet going on right now. At least nothing post worthy.

How are the ladies bringing their fiances over doing the I-134? Its been a rough ride for us trying to figure out our financial situation... I just graduated from college and the job hunt is as slow as this process. Lots of stress put on both of us right now. Wondering how everyone else is doing...

-CJ

GirlWithAGerman

Summer 2010 Summer Love in LA <3

Winter 2010 We're Engaged!

Spring 2011 Moved to Germany (The Plan is 2 Years)

Summer 2011 Eloped in Denmark.

Winter 2012 Sorry Germany... I Miss Home!!!

DCF

2.27.2012 I-130 Sent

3.16.2012 NOA 1

5.31.2012 NOA 2!! Approved!

6.4.2012 DS-230 Sent

6.6.2012 Checklist & Documents Sent

6.11.2012 Medical Appointment

6.14.2012 Requested More Documents -_-

6.18.2012 Sent More Documents

6.23.2012 Appointment letter received!

6.29.2012 Final Interview in Frankfurt!

7.4.2012 Happy 4th of July! The IV and super secret package are here!!!

7.29.2012 Flew Home!!!!!!!

8.6.2012 SSN Received

8.13.2012 Green Card Received

10.4.2012 Passed CA Driver's Test

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey guys and gals...

Even though we're not supposed to be planning our weddings... I thought with the good news this week of our first Decemberite NOA2... a little wedding planning never hurt anyone!

So here's an important and helpful link about wedding invitation etiquette.

http://www.beau-coup.com/wedding-invitations-etiquette.htm

I'm sure some of you will be paying for your own wedding and wondering "how the heck am I supposed to describe this??" Check out the link above and the Knot's page that allows you to select your wedding situation and read about the appropriate way to word an invite.

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-invitations.aspx

Happy non-wedding planning until you get your NOA2!!

*wendie*

Great links and thanks! Sonoko and I have actually been planning the wedding for Oct 1st... well the ceremony as we will already be married, especially now that it will be after 90 days. I think some planning can be done depending on how exactly you want it to be done!

militarygf... I wish you luck on that expedite! I don't know if I missed it in an earlier thread, but is he deploying soon or something?? If so I hope they get off their butts, as I've called the military helpline before and they are helpful with giving information, but don't know how well they take action. One of my buddies I work with also has a fiancée in the Philippines and filed toward the end of October and still no NOA2. He called and they told him just to wait a few more weeks! He's been out but when he finds out I got my NOA2, I'm sure he'll be calling back and being a little more inquisitive!

Good luck!

Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone!!!! So im in a happier mood today- as I tossed and turned last night sleeping like a baby - (literally NO SLEEP) i decided STUFF IT im flying over to see my man! who cares if the plane fare is only $1780 :hehe: !!! so i booked a flight and am leaver for america on tuesday- only for 11 days... (work limits me) but he doesnt know....so my sister in law will come pick me up from the airport and i shall surprise him hehehehehehe....oh I love the skype calls we had today 'oh i miss you blah blah blah' little does he know!!!! :whistle: hehehehehe

So im happy, and hopefully everything will start going quickly when i get back! COME ON VSC!!!! :blink:

Oh and...we shouldnt be planning weddings?!?!?!? whoops mines well on its way of being PLANNED!!! dress-check, location-check, band-check....lol :lol: im too excited!!!...i think ive given myself enough time!!! (nov.13th2011)

AHH WELL LOVE BIRDS...off to teach ZUMBA ZUMBA....

oh and btw...if you wanna look fab in your dress ladies - zumba is the go!!!!!

LOVE YALL!

ME x :luv:

Timeline

Kiria,

You're the second one who said Zumba exercise and now I'm curious about it! LOL I'd probably die on the floor... sounds grueling to me. :dead:

Congrats on the flight out to your "Husband" (to be)!!!! I wish I could surprise Kadir when he gets back to his hometown and "WHEN he has Visa in HAND" (:innocent: hope/pray ) fly back together! <Mari is in Dream State now as she types this> lol

I cannot see how any of us couldn't plan at least some of our wedding! Heck, it takes MONTHS to do no matter you do a courthouse and then a wedding later, or a wedding & reception, etc within the 90 days. We may not have put down deposits but we (more like me lol) have been researching venues, photographers, cake styles, invites & save the dates, blah blah blah... oh and MY DRESS!!! I love my dress.

I'm thrilled you're happy young lady! But you gotta get some sleep at some point! :lol:

love to you!

Mari

Timeline

To my Askimsin, Kadir:;)

One day when you are with me here in San Francisco, you will be able to read this post. Today, is your birthday and I wish we could celebrate together. Until then... I am always thinking of you, missing you, and loving you from here. :wub:

Happy Birthday My Sevgilim... Ilk! (L)

Mari (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We have (or now, had) our venue, caterer, dj, and photographer booked for 11-11-11. Since I can't afford to lose our money with a last second cancellation, and the way things are going at VSC, we have had to move the wedding :( I contacted all our vendors today about a May 4th wedding, so hopefully all will be understanding and let us change our reservation. I mean, its not like 11-11-11 will be a hard day to re-book!

I'm very disappointed that we had to do this, and I'm STILL stressed out that things will get even worse and May 4th won't be late enough either. This is all really getting to me, honestly. I won't likely be back to Atlanta until I have my visa, so I'm feeling very homesick (as it is my home) and beaten down. I know we'll still end up together no matter what, its just so frustrating and so UNFAIR.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.