Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Guys and gals,

I got an email and a text message at 7pm this evening :) It's my NOA2 from VSC !!! :yes:

It came after 160 days of NOA1 :)

I sincerely hope that those who are still waiting will get theirs soon!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Can we talk about proof of ongoing relationship? Not proof of having met in the last 2 years for the I-129F I am talking proof of ongoing relationship that the beneficiary brings to the interview. You see being ignorant and brain dead to the ways of the K-1 visa process, I thought Jenie Bee would arrive here by late May early June, so for financial reasons and also she would have difficulty getting leave from work I scrubbed my March trip to the Philippines.

:bonk: Now we have limited proof of an ongoing relationship, here is what we have: phone records of our daily phone calls (I call her each day at 5:00 PM) we have engagement ring receipt and of course she has the ring. We have 40 million emails, also a letter from the pastor who will marry us (in the event she actually arrives here someday) and I have a deposit slip for the chapel. Oh, and she has a visa debit card that I sent in November we use that rather than Western Union. We chat on YM each Saturday but I have no clue as to how to get a transcript of that? We have not been together since September 14th :( Is this enough evidence or should I start job searching in Manila again? :wacko:

Rex

don't worry. That's enough! A quick google search on "how to export chat log on yahoo messenger" should give you the answer. That's what I did for Skype.

I think you have enough. Don't worry. Not all of us can swing those trips back and forth all the time!

Today is 5 months, and what, and nothing still waiting and are cooling champagne. Where is my NOA2 where, where protest6wz.gifprotest6wz.gifprotest6wz.gif ???

You guys have been so so so SOOooo patient. It's coming. Have you tried calling in a service request like Kiria, yet?

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

(F)(F)

Yep you got the order correct for the most part.

1. USCIS: NOA1 = original petition from USC * For K1's we have to prove we have met within the last 2 years prior to petition, and that the USC is really a USC.

2. USCIS: NOA2 = your file will now be sent forward to National Visa Center in New Hampshire! USCIS is finished with your file till after you marry and apply for AOS.

3.NVC: Processing and background checks: They're going to want to make sure nobody has a federal criminal record which might harm our US Homeland Security. As soon as you are in the system, they will assign you an NVC number for your Embassy! That's your new ID and this number should mark each page you submit with this Packet 3 file.

4 NVC sends your file to your assigned Embassy (bene's country)

5. Embassy: Now they send you a list of documents to prove that you two are engaged official and this is not a sham, that the USC can support the Bene, and that the Bene is who his documents say he/she is. THIS IS PACKET 3.

1. The Petitioner and/or the Bene work on their file gathering the "list" which you can also download online on the Dept of State Official website. *** This is also on our Thread Map and I have posted the Map on Page 150 today updated (except I didn't update today's DATE! LOL LOL oops)
  2. When the file is complete, the Bene will send this to the US Embassy (assigned to you) via UPS or whichever the Embassy requires of you.
  3. You can make the appointment for medical during this time as well if the Civil Surgeon's offices are not far from you. Or you can wait till it's closer to the date you will interview.

6. Embassy will send you Packet 4: The letter of Invite for Schedule Interview and further instructions from them to the Bene!

7. Bene goes to Interview on said date with everything needed (Passport, fee receipt, medical records from civil surgeon, and original documents they want, including but not limited to further evidence for ongoing relationship.

8. Visa Issued!!! YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!

9. Point of Entry to the US: Now you have 90 days to get married!!!

10. Apply for Adjustment of Status after your marriage.

OK, that's a summary.... see the Thread Map it really will help you!

Cheers!

Mari

Mari..aren't you the sweetest person in the world... (F) ...thanks so much.... :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

VSC have seemed to have slowed up over the past week, they could have least approved my 1-129f before they slowed up haha.

Ahh well, before June and I'll be happy. Just want to be in usa by mid august.

And congrats to everyone else with their NOA2's

so not going to get TOOO excited...but dano called up and got a service request number FINALLY today :) the light at the end of the tunnel is looking SLIGHTLY brighter :)

@ Callie & Kiria & Marcia: I am still praying for you ladies! I know God hears me... love, Mari

I am an attorney and I am not even hiring anyone to help us with this process. I have enough friends that practice immigration to ask for advice, I read the Nolo book on fiance visas and VJ is the best resource Ive found. Honestly, the only time you need to hire an attorney is

1) If USCIS claims you/your fiance' is inadmissible

2) If USCIS fails to act on or approve application because of bureaucracy instead of law

3) If you will lose your rights if USCIS doesn't act quickly ( i.e., lottery)

4) If there is some reason you feel there is no hope of getting visa or green card

Your lawyer is incompetent! Fire him/her immediately.

I am proud to say that Nea ... is one of my lawyer friends that I truly admire for her absolute honesty and knowledge. Nea --- you're truly a GEM! I love you girly girl!!

Mari

Guys and gals,

I got an email and a text message at 7pm this evening :) It's my NOA2 from VSC !!! :yes:

It came after 160 days of NOA1 :)

I sincerely hope that those who are still waiting will get theirs soon!!

Congratulations Bobby!!

Can we talk about proof of ongoing relationship? Not proof of having met in the last 2 years for the I-129F I am talking proof of ongoing relationship that the beneficiary brings to the interview. You see being ignorant and brain dead to the ways of the K-1 visa process, I thought Jenie Bee would arrive here by late May early June, so for financial reasons and also she would have difficulty getting leave from work I scrubbed my March trip to the Philippines.

:bonk: Now we have limited proof of an ongoing relationship, here is what we have: phone records of our daily phone calls (I call her each day at 5:00 PM) we have engagement ring receipt and of course she has the ring. We have 40 million emails, also a letter from the pastor who will marry us (in the event she actually arrives here someday) and I have a deposit slip for the chapel. Oh, and she has a visa debit card that I sent in November we use that rather than Western Union. We chat on YM each Saturday but I have no clue as to how to get a transcript of that? We have not been together since September 14th :( Is this enough evidence or should I start job searching in Manila again? :wacko:

Rex

I think that is so kewl you use REX!!

You have enough evidence Rexxxxy-poo. This file must prove: EVIDENCE FOR ENGAGEMENT. Mainly because you are petitioning for a Fiance Visa. So, your engagement receipt, the chapel down payment, the pastor's note of intention to preside, and if you have pictures of you two with her family when you two were there--- maybe with your ring(s) on. Do you have any letters from your family, or even some from hers to congratulate you or that acknowledge your upcoming wedding? How about a draft or proof of a Wedding Invitation (since we're not sure of when the actual is), or Save the Date?

The secondary evidence of ongoing relationship is the rest which you sound like you have tons of. Make note** if you submit 15 kilos of love notes and 'junk' they don't like that and they don't care either to read it. A few of each with scattered dates is good. But rest assured 'some' countries, will go through those papers in High Scam places to look for evidence of such. MENA and some Asian countries. This can delay a couple (administrative processing). I personally recommend that you only do a screen shot of the Message Archive and Dizzy gave you a link earlier of the instructions on how.

You will be fine!

Mari

(F)(F)

Mari..aren't you the sweetest person in the world... (F) ...thanks so much.... :)

Thank you and you are welcome! Do you feel better now?

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Good Morning Everyone from San Francisco!

Well, I feel a heck of a lot better now that K's packet 3 is off to his parent's house! I sent 2 duplicate files: Embassy original and his. Because I do not trust sending a box/ cargo to Turkey I sent both at same time in the USPS Express Envelopes separately, with insurance. Sending two was my little insurance for peace of mind. That is, if one didn't make it, the other would. They tend to 'keep those' boxes when coming from USA or UK, and they get 'lost'.

Kadir is not home to Adana yet. He's out of range (means he's turned in his gear of all electronics now) so I've not heard from him since last Sunday. He did call his family this past week saying he was on his way home 'this week but waiting for his Passport'. I have called his family everyday to see if he is there, and they keep asking me if I have heard from him... "no". If we do not hear from him by Sunday, I will look into this further.

Sheesh! At this rate his mail will be at his home before he is!

I have to go to clinic but I love you all!!!

Mari

PS: I forgot to mention this!!! When I was at the Post Office, one of the Post Masters said, "he just sent his packet to Embassy yesterday too!" There was a man there, named Tom who just sent his K1 Packet 3 to his fiance in the PI!!! And, GET THIS: HE IS A DECEMBERITE!!!!! We got to talking and I invited him to our Thread so I expect Tom will be showing up here soon. Also? He works with my nephew!!!! Small world, yes??? lol :star:

Edited by Mari & Kadir

so not going to get TOOO excited...but dano called up and got a service request number FINALLY today :) the light at the end of the tunnel is looking SLIGHTLY brighter :)

I finally got one today also! Hope it makes a difference.

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My packet 3 is at the embassy (I sent it registered so have the notification that it was delivered), I will have had my medical by this time next Friday kicking.gif and have no doubt that I will be trying to relax in a London pub laughing.gif

Five boxes packed and contents listed, motorcycle sold, more stuff going up for sale next week good.gif

Ever just want to go to sleep and just wake up for the medical and interview? laughing.gif

Ben

10/23/2009 - Met on eHarmony

09/20/2010 - Got engaged at the top of the London Eye 🙂

11/24/2010 - I-129F sent to Texas dropbox

11/29/2010 - I-129F received by CSC

03/21/2011 - Touched!

04/18/2011 - NOA2 approved by CSC 4 months 3 weeks after NOA1

07/18/2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!

09/20/2011 - Married!

10/11/2011 - AOS package mailed to Chicago lockbox

10/18/2011 - AOS package routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/19/2011 - I-765 EAD noted on USCIS site

10/22/2011 - I-797C for AOS and EAD received

11/08/2011 - AOS file transferred to CSC

11/10/2011 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

12/12/2011 - Green card received dated 11/23/11

09/20/2013 - I-751 sent to CSC

09/23/2013 - I-751 received at CSC - NOA1

10/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

08/29/2020 - N400 Application submitted online

08/29/2020 - N400 fee taken

01/20/2021 - Biometrics re-use notification

04/14/2021 - Interview scheduled notification

05/11/2021 - Interview!

05/11/2021 - N-400 Recommended for Naturalization!

06/02/2021 - Naturalization oath ceremony!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Yes Dizzy, We called today and they told that they are currently working on 1 December, this is absurd !!!

You guys have been so so so SOOooo patient. It's coming. Have you tried calling in a service request like Kiria, yet?

2diFp2.png

Dec 17. 2010 - Sent I-129F

Dec 20. 2010 - NOA1

Dec 31. 2010 - Touched

May 23. 2011 - RFE

July 14. 2011 - NOA2

July 26. 2011 - Medical Test

August 19th - Packed 3 Received

August 19th - Packed 3 Send

September 15th - Packed 4 Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My packet 3 is at the embassy (I sent it registered so have the notification that it was delivered), I will have had my medical by this time next Friday kicking.gif and have no doubt that I will be trying to relax in a London pub laughing.gif

Five boxes packed and contents listed, motorcycle sold, more stuff going up for sale next week good.gif

Ever just want to go to sleep and just wake up for the medical and interview? laughing.gif

Nice! I am glad to hear that you are able to get rid of your unwanted stuff on time as well!

As I mentioned before, I also have my medical coming up on the 31st.

Another update from me is that my petition is close to dublin now! NVC sent it off on the 18th of May. I tracked it and it's sitting in UK now!

Another downside from me is that President Obama is visiting Ireland next week and they are closing the embassy off.. just me luck huh. hehe

soon enough!! =)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Looks like USCIS is playing an April Fool's joke on me in May :)

I got an email last night saying my petition was approved, but this afternoon I got another email saying my case hasn't been worked on :D

See this thread for details:

http://www.visajourn...-to-acceptance/

So, I'm back to waiting... :D

ROC

2014-05-17 (Sat) Card Received! Text and email: "The USPS reported that your new card was delivered on May 17, 2014"

2014-05-15 (Thurs) Received "USPS picked up mail from USCIS" text and email

2014-05-15 (Thurs) Received "card mailed" text and email

2014-05-14 (Wed) Received "card production" text and email

2014-05-12 (Mon) Received approval letter

2014-05-08 (Thurs) Date of Decision - Approved!

2013-11-29 (Fri) Early Biometrics done on Black Friday

2013-11-18 (Mon) Received Biometrics Appointment letter for 12/04/13

2013-11-09 (Sat) NOA1 Hardcopy

2013-11-08 (Fri) Check cashed

2013-11-06 (Wed) NOA1 Receipt Date

2013-11-04 (Mon) Mailed ROC Package

AOS

2012-02-11 (Sat) Green Card arrived!!

2012-02-09 (Thurs) Received Permanent Resident Welcome Letter

2012-02-07 (Tues) 12:45am I-485 Card Production (ordered production)

2012-02-06 (Mon) 6:45pm I-485 Decision (registered PR status)

2012-02-06 (Mon) 3:00pm I-485 Card Production (ordered production)

2011-12-08 (Thurs) Received EAD/AP combo card

2011-11-30 (Wed) Email/text: I-131(AP) approved. I-765(EAD) card production.

2011-10-25 (Tues) Completed biometrics

2011-10-21 (Fri) I-485 case transferred

2011-10-10 (Tues) Two NOA's: I-485 and I-765 payment receipts. Notice date 10/03/11

2011-10-08 (Sat) Biometrics Appointment letter for 10/25/11

2011-10-04 (Tues) Check cashed.

2011-10-03 (Mon) NOA's for I-485, I-131, and I-765

2011-09-30 (Fri) USCIS web status shows receipt for I-485, I-131, and I-765

2011-09-29 (Thurs) USPS delivery confirmation

2011-09-27 (Tues) Mailed AOS package

k-1

2011-07-25 (Mon) Visa in hand!!

2011-07-19 (Tue) Interview at 7:30am - Approved!!

2011-07-18 (Mon) Document in-take at 12:30pm

2011-05-19 (Thu) NOA2 (160 days from NOA1)

2010-12-15 (Wed) NOA1 hard copy received

2010-12-09 (Thu) I-129F package arrived USCIS PO Box in Dallas

2010-12-07 (Tue) Mailed I-129F package

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I agree VJ is the best resource I've found. I also read the Nolo book.. but I didn't even know it existed until like 3 months after we got the NOA1... for now I'll keep my lawyer, cuz he fills out all the forms for me.. even though I do have to quadruple check them ;-P we hired a lawyer because I just literally had no idea about the process and really didn't want to screw anything up. Thank GOD I found VJ or else we'd probably have gotten an RFE at the VERY least lol

So thanks to alllll you guys. You're the bestest!

Well good luck with that. Im too cheap to hire someone lol.

K-1 process

1. December 19, 2010: Mailed I-129F

2. December 23, 2010: I-129F delivered

3. December 28, 2010: NOA1

4. December 29, 2010: Received email and text message from USCIS stating application was received

5. January 6, 2011: Received hard copy NOA1

6. May 2, 2011: Received email and text message for NOA2

7. May 6, 2011: Received hard copy NOA2

8. May 9, 2011: NVC received approved 129-F

9. May 10, 2011: NVC mailed to Nigeria

10. May 25, 2011: Received packet 3 and interview date of August 10th

11. August 10, 2011: Interview; VISA APPROVED!!!

12. August 29, 2011: POE Houston, TX

13. September 3, 2011: Wedding day

AOS process

1. October 18, 2011: Mailed AOS

2. October 28, 2011: AOS delivered

3. November 1, 2011: Received email and text message from USCIS stating AOS received

4. November 5, 2011: Received I-797C

5. November 22, 2011: Biometrics appointment

6. November 25, 2011: Received letter that case was transferred to California

7. February 21, 2012: Received email of RFE

8. February 25, 2012: Received RFE for completed I-693 (curse the incompetent physician)

9. March 1, 2012: Mailed RFE response

10. March 15, 2012: Green card in production email

11. March 17, 2012: Green card mailed

12. March 21, 2012: Green card in hand!

Removal of conditions

1. December 18, 2013: Mailed I-751

2. January 21, 2014: Biometrics appointment

3. June 1. 2014: Received RFE

4. July 3, 2014: Mailed RFE response

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well good luck with that. Im too cheap to hire someone lol.

lol i already paid him so theres no point in getting rid of him now... i didn't want to pay but I thought I was doing the right thing, I figured it would be in my best interest to pay so that things went smoothly.. I was wrong but oh well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

lol i already paid him so theres no point in getting rid of him now... i didn't want to pay but I thought I was doing the right thing, I figured it would be in my best interest to pay so that things went smoothly.. I was wrong but oh well.

I think getting an attorney was a smart move on our part. We can afford it, and she will make sure all the forms are filled out correctly, mail everything, if something (god forbid) were to go wrong she'd handle it. There is *so* much involved with this process, and I am a government contractor so I know that if something can go wrong, it most likely will (a little tongue-in-cheek humor there). Byron & I just feel better knowing there is a professional taking care of everything we don't have to ourselves. I use this site (and particularly, this forum) for support and information, but ultimately, if I had to do ALL the research myself, I'd go nuts wondering "what if I did this wrong? what if I missed something?". Having an attorney just gives me peace of mind I guess.. :P

Timeline

Good Evening Everyone from San Francisco!

Kadir is not home to Adana yet. He's out of range (means he's turned in his gear of all electronics now) so I've not heard from him since last Sunday. He did call his family this past week saying he was on his way home 'this week but waiting for his Passport'. I have called his family everyday to see if he is there, and they keep asking me if I have heard from him... "no". If we do not hear from him by Sunday, I will look into this further.

Mari

Yeah!!! K called while I was at work today and he said he's been catching up on his sleep, he did turn in his gear and he is just waiting for a plane back (standby). I'm very happy I got to hear from him and he's happy I sent the file to him.

All is good here in the Bay Area.:star:

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.