Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

ok, after stalking NVC and DOS i have come to the conclusion that my case being sent to NVC is going to be one of those longer ones. Having said that, I have found my little slice of peace. lol

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: Timeline

OK OK... it's easy now. http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html ***Yeah!!! Now you can see if your case is at your Embassy!! ***

Hey Ms Hair-do!

2291.gif

Love,

Tita Mari

tita Mari thank you so muuch..hahaha i love my new hair now....

i have question tita,we havent received email yet but in USCIS site we are approved.. when are we going to get my interview schedule tita?

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Well...Praise God. After 21 days from NOA2, finaly our petition was entered into the system at NVC and case# generated.

Congratulations!!!! Happy you could join up with the Decemberite group but where have you been?

Mari

ok, after stalking NVC and DOS i have come to the conclusion that my case being sent to NVC is going to be one of those longer ones. Having said that, I have found my little slice of peace. lol

Diz... it goes fairly quick there (quick is relative btw lol). I had called to find out about sending docs in for K and asked about NVC status. They told me they just got the case on the 18th April and it was in "additional processing' (it hasn't hit the DHL truck yet). I got a little ancy but realistically, even if it got to Embassy, Kadir was not home yet in Adana. Anyway,13 days later I had to call back again when I went to my accountant to clarify the I-134 Documentation for Evidence (I am the Employer & the Employee--- who writes my letter?? Answer: My CPA or if I had a lawyer). Anyway, I asked status and they said it left on the 28th (10 days from NVC to Emb). It took 5 more to Ankara, all of which we got a letter of receipt from them. It's been a month since our NOA2 and our Packet 3 is finalized and complete as of last night!! Kadir is on his way home to Adana this week (we hope and pray, right??). So believe me when I tell you the time you're waiting is a blessing in disguise ... I was at peace before all of this! LOL

Love ya sistah!!

M

tita Mari thank you so muuch..hahaha i love my new hair now....

i have question tita,we havent received email yet but in USCIS site we are approved.. when are we going to get my interview schedule tita?

thanks

For our Embassy, you have to send in a completed Packet 3 FIRST before they issue you the Interview Date. No packet 3, no interview (for ours in Ankara). So have you finished all your packet and btw, you can book your medical in the PI and that Prism conference the beneficiary's from PI have to go to as soon as you have the NVC/ EMB ID#. BE SURE TO MAKE 6 copies of each document (aside from the original as you'll have to put duplicates in the Embassy file of the DS' forms, make an EXACT copy of that file for you, and one for the Petitioner for AOS reference & records). It would be good if you read up on your Portal for interview information for Manila. The Petitioner will get the USCIS document (NOA2) in the snail mail; make sure you include a copy (front /back) of this in the Embassy file, he should send to you a copy and he has the original. I made a few of these. FIND OUT ABOUT THAT SEMINAR PI's have to go to... it's a mandatory meeting before your interview.

Tita Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Congratulations!!!! Happy you could join up with the Decemberite group but where have you been?

Mari

Diz... it goes fairly quick there (quick is relative btw lol). I had called to find out about sending docs in for K and asked about NVC status. They told me they just got the case on the 18th April and it was in "additional processing' (it hasn't hit the DHL truck yet). I got a little ancy but realistically, even if it got to Embassy, Kadir was not home yet in Adana. Anyway,13 days later I had to call back again when I went to my accountant to clarify the I-134 Documentation for Evidence (I am the Employer & the Employee--- who writes my letter?? Answer: My CPA or if I had a lawyer). Anyway, I asked status and they said it left on the 28th (10 days from NVC to Emb). It took 5 more to Ankara, all of which we got a letter of receipt from them. It's been a month since our NOA2 and our Packet 3 is finalized and complete as of last night!! Kadir is on his way home to Adana this week (we hope and pray, right??). So believe me when I tell you the time you're waiting is a blessing in disguise ... I was at peace before all of this! LOL

Love ya sistah!!

M

For our Embassy, you have to send in a completed Packet 3 FIRST before they issue you the Interview Date. No packet 3, no interview (for ours in Ankara). So have you finished all your packet and btw, you can book your medical in the PI and that Prism conference the beneficiary's from PI have to go to as soon as you have the NVC/ EMB ID#. BE SURE TO MAKE 6 copies of each document (aside from the original as you'll have to put duplicates in the Embassy file of the DS' forms, make an EXACT copy of that file for you, and one for the Petitioner for AOS reference & records). It would be good if you read up on your Portal for interview information for Manila. The Petitioner will get the USCIS document (NOA2) in the snail mail; make sure you include a copy (front /back) of this in the Embassy file, he should send to you a copy and he has the original. I made a few of these. FIND OUT ABOUT THAT SEMINAR PI's have to go to... it's a mandatory meeting before your interview.

Tita Mari

Tita are you talking about CFO seminar? i already attended that seminar last february..okay tita thank you so much for all the information.. it helps a lot... (L) (L)

Timeline

Tita are you talking about CFO seminar? i already attended that seminar last february..okay tita thank you so much for all the information.. it helps a lot... (L) (L)

Ah good on the CFO seminar!!! OK so they don't make you have the NVC ID first then at CFO seminar? A good thing to know. Thank you. How's packet 3 going for you? :luv:

Tita Mari

@BEC: I have ?? for you, ring ring ring me!! xo!!

@Ms. Manila (ManilatoSeattle): You have been waaaaaaaaaaaay too quiet lately. Where are you?

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Ok, so I sent our immigration attorney this

Hi *****,

I have read this:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United%20Kingdom&cty=London

which shows Byron needs his medical exam before he gets his interview but after he sends his forms? We are confused. We know NVC has our case right now (LND*******), but unsure how to prepare/proceed from here. Byron just booked a medical on June 8. Please let us know what to do from here?

Sorry, I mean this part:

New info as of mid-October 2010: The visa interview will not be scheduled until the Embassy has received the results of the medical examination, so get the medical acheduled early, but after you have returned the forms and checklist so your files will match up.

Thanks,

Jennifer

and her response was this:

Jennifer,

Please see the e-mail below which I had sent earlier when we received the approval. Each Embassy/Consulate is different in their procedures with Fiance visas. However, no matter which Embassy, their procedure is outlined in a mailing that Byron will receive at the address provided on the application. They will have you provide some forms to the Consulate along with some documentation which will be listed on a checklist. I know you are trying to do everything in advance so that you don't have to wait after getting the mailing but you should probably just wait until you get it so you don't waste time collecting items that are unnecessary. It is unlikely that a medical will be required since Byron will have to do one here in the US after entry and before applying for Adjustment of Status (green card). However, they may be requiring this in London now for fiance visas, I can't be certain.

Either way, I would wait until Byron gets that letter in the mail and stop reading websites! That is why you hired us! Websites are confusing and not always accurate. Sometimes they are but sometimes they stress you out more than necessary. Byron should receive something from the Consulate within a month or month and a half of the approval notice. So we'll be on the look out.

Thoughts Decemberites???

Edited by ferincor

Ah good on the CFO seminar!!! OK so they don't make you have the NVC ID first then at CFO seminar? A good thing to know. Thank you. How's packet 3 going for you? :luv:

Tita Mari

@BEC: I have ?? for you, ring ring ring me!! xo!!

@Ms. Manila (ManilatoSeattle): You have been waaaaaaaaaaaay too quiet lately. Where are you?

Tita,beneficiaries from PI can attend seminar anytime... even before or after visa on hand..

tita we just got approved today and we havent have our NOA2 copy(hard copy)yet .. what is that packet 3 you talking about tita?

VSC:

9ammbb.png

CSC:

25ovwyf.png

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Timeline

Ok, so I sent our immigration attorney this

Hi *****,

I have read this:

http://www.visajourn...gdom&cty=London

which shows Byron needs his medical exam before he gets his interview but after he sends his forms? We are confused. We know NVC has our case right now (LND*******), but unsure how to prepare/proceed from here. Byron just booked a medical on June 8. Please let us know what to do from here?

Sorry, I mean this part:

New info as of mid-October 2010: The visa interview will not be scheduled until the Embassy has received the results of the medical examination, so get the medical acheduled early, but after you have returned the forms and checklist so your files will match up.

Thanks,

Jennifer

and her response was this:

Jennifer,

Please see the e-mail below which I had sent earlier when we received the approval. Each Embassy/Consulate is different in their procedures with Fiance visas. However, no matter which Embassy, their procedure is outlined in a mailing that Byron will receive at the address provided on the application. They will have you provide some forms to the Consulate along with some documentation which will be listed on a checklist. I know you are trying to do everything in advance so that you don't have to wait after getting the mailing but you should probably just wait until you get it so you don't waste time collecting items that are unnecessary. It is unlikely that a medical will be required since Byron will have to do one here in the US after entry and before applying for Adjustment of Status (green card). However, they may be requiring this in London now for fiance visas, I can't be certain.

Either way, I would wait until Byron gets that letter in the mail and stop reading websites! That is why you hired us! Websites are confusing and not always accurate. Sometimes they are but sometimes they stress you out more than necessary. Byron should receive something from the Consulate within a month or month and a half of the approval notice. So we'll be on the look out.

Thoughts Decemberites???

Jennifer ... sheesh.... this attorney sounds like one of the legals I know personally who does Immigration law. I told her about VJ and how she should encourage her clients to review this site so it would 'make her job much easier". You know what she said? "I do not want my clients on there, that's why they have me!" So basically in my humble opinion, the less the client knows, the better off they Esquire is because when that client receives a bloody RFE for them not having a specific document(s)... guess what? That attorney has the client 'fix it & submit the documents back to them", which in turn costs the client $$$$$ for them submitting the RFE evidence and a signed letterhead from them! *** now on the other hand? I have a very good friend of mine also in Immi Law and she is so honest, good and very forthright --- really her work is unremarkable. So Kudos to her!!! That being said, I have never believed in "not teaching" so they can learn for themselves.

Now in regards to what your expert legal has advised you? Please check yourself with your embassy as it is stated on the Dept of State Official Website that Byron will require a medical FIRST before his interview. WHY IS YOUR ATTORNEY UNCERTAIN? Ask her why the hell she/he did not check the DOS Official Website herself and tell you and Byron the actual, instead of this BS of tell you NOT TO READ and RESEARCH because it stresses you out! Afterall, THAT IS WHY YOU HIRED HER/ HIM! And what kind of "professional letter" was that!? "I'M NOT CERTAIN".... :bonk:

BTW, if the beneficiary has had the medical before his interview at Embassy, those records can be brought to the AOS medical; there is a place in the actual medical instructions on the DOS site (and it is referenced on our Thread Map under Medical info/ vaccines too from Official Website). I do not think the Official Dept of State website is confusing or inaccurate! If it was, then where has everyone who has gone through this process without an attorney gotten their information from???

Lastly, I got both the hardcopy receipt (says they have received our file) and the eNotification from both the NVC and Embassy within a DAY of them actually having the file! NOT ONE MONTH OR SO LATER. From Ankara Embassy, it says that you can download the documents (DS's forms,etc) from their website and no further packet 3 will be mailed out. I even wrote to find out if that was only for USC Petitioner or for both me and Kadir. They told me both of us. *** REMEMBER EACH EMBASSY IS DIFFERENT, so you can call the Main Dept of State who deals directly with each Embassy to ask. The number is listed on our Thread Map references.

I'm sorry but I disagree with your attorney when it comes to you reading and researching for yourself and Byron. Who's furture and life is it anyhow! If an attorney states they are uncertain, I can tell you right now they would get a scathing letter from me as their client as to WHY they haven't researched FOR ME and put in writing the answer to both ME and my Fiance! Especially, since I am paying them! Right??

You and Byron are going to come through all of this like a champs in the end because you two will be happily married and together!

Best to you,

Mari

Tita,beneficiaries from PI can attend seminar anytime... even before or after visa on hand..

tita we just got approved today and we havent have our NOA2 copy(hard copy)yet .. what is that packet 3 you talking about tita?

Are you kidding me???? You :hehe: & :bonk: ME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha all.

I know you have all just been reading this thread and dying to know where Tonieta and I are at and not worrying about anything else!!!! no0pb.gif Well she went to her medical at St Lukes in the Philippines 5/17 and 5/18 and that is finally completed. She got an x-ray CD and a personal copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet to bring to the U.S. for medical follow-up at the Health Department for AOS later. I now have to get the I-134 and other docs to her and set up her embassy interview.

I'm following the progress here. If nothing else each of us is getting an unforgettable lesson in patience. Good luck to all.

Aloha.........................Paul

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

grrr speaking of incompetent lawyers.. mine hasn't had the best track record with me. I hired him because I wanted to make sure we did everything right, since we really cant afford to go through this process again any time soon and I live in Mexico with Em, I thought that that little fact might complicate things.

But really the only thing thats complicating this whole process is my lawyer! First he was wrong about which consulate we would be using and now he's wrong about which affidavit of support we need (he thinks we need the I-864, when really we need the I-134) AHH :bonk:

VSC:

9ammbb.png

CSC:

25ovwyf.png

woohoo we're almost all in pink.. just a few more left to go!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello to all Fellow December filers... :) congratulations to all who already got their NOA2s and for the one who hasn't yet...hang in there...there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.. :yes:

Now as I am trying to preapre for the next step...I am feeling overwhelmed at all of the information I am gathering...and even confused too.. :o plus the spring allergies not allowing me to focus...I need some help...can someone list the what next procedure step by step till the visa interview ?

for ex.

1. NOA1

2. NOA2

3. Processing at NVC

4. Pkt 3 or 4 ??

5. what forms to fill ?

6. Whe to fill the I-134?

I guess I know all of these but just too confused and overwhelmed to understand in exact manner... :wacko::innocent::help: please

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.