Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR THREAD THIS MORNING?

Someone put a post up about being removed from Dizzy's list because the relationship dissolved and then an administrator put up a post about not following the rules of VJ and being banned from further access yadda yadda yadda. Now both of those posts are gone like nothing ever happened.

I'm not sure if the two posts were connected or not, but something fishy has happened in our thread and I DON'T LIKE IT. It's especially weird if the administrator did remove the first post because it didn't seem at all offensive, just an honest request to update the list we keep. I just feel kind of funny about this whole censorship thing in general and then to find all traces of the censorship removed...well, it feels a little like 1984 (the book, not the year). Hmmmmmm...maybe I was dreaming.

Well, I'm off to destroy newspapers thereby removing all traces of history while Big Brother watches(a little 1984 humor). :rofl:

Now I have decided that today is a really odd, strange and weird day! :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Someone put a post up about being removed from Dizzy's list because the relationship dissolved and then an administrator put up a post about not following the rules of VJ and being banned from further access yadda yadda yadda. Now both of those posts are gone like nothing ever happened.

I'm not sure if the two posts were connected or not, but something fishy has happened in our thread and I DON'T LIKE IT. It's especially weird if the administrator did remove the first post because it didn't seem at all offensive, just an honest request to update the list we keep. I just feel kind of funny about this whole censorship thing in general and then to find all traces of the censorship removed...well, it feels a little like 1984 (the book, not the year). Hmmmmmm...maybe I was dreaming.

Well, I'm off to destroy newspapers thereby removing all traces of history while Big Brother watches(a little 1984 humor). :rofl:

I didn't see the post that was removed but I did see the moderator post that someone had posted inappropriate content and had been temporarily banned from the thread. I was wondering what that was all about, and then when it was gone later today I was really curious! lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED!!!!! YAY!!!!! :dance:

Congratulations! star_smile.gif

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Kiria congratulations wohoooo !!!

2diFp2.png

Dec 17. 2010 - Sent I-129F

Dec 20. 2010 - NOA1

Dec 31. 2010 - Touched

May 23. 2011 - RFE

July 14. 2011 - NOA2

July 26. 2011 - Medical Test

August 19th - Packed 3 Received

August 19th - Packed 3 Send

September 15th - Packed 4 Received

whaaaaaaaaaaa? I never saw that! I'm not sure why people put so much emphasis on my list like it's a club or something! It's just a stat tracker! :)

woohooo FINALLY!!!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Ok, here is my mystery of the day, called the NVC and was told by alive human, no record of your case give it 2 more weeks and call back. Ok fine!! :protest: So I am at my work and I go to the mail box at lunch time and there is a letter to me at my work address from NVC stating my case was received and will be forwarded to the Manila Embassy within a week. And it has a MNL case number.

So why didn't they tell me on the phone? :ph34r: and why was it mailed to my work address? :blink:

Weird!!

Rex (happy Rex) :dance:

PS: Marie, your day will get better!

PSS: Dizzy, go check your mail box, work too!

whaaaa? They mailed you something?? How did they even GET your work address? I didn't know they mailed stuff! I'm so confused!!! I called yesterday and they had no record whatsoever! If they mailed me at my work...good luck with that! My work campus is a headquarters and is HUGE. They wouldn't find me if they wanted to.

---

---

Ok, here is my mystery of the day, called the NVC and was told by alive human, no record of your case give it 2 more weeks and call back. Ok fine!! :protest: So I am at my work and I go to the mail box at lunch time and there is a letter to me at my work address from NVC stating my case was received and will be forwarded to the Manila Embassy within a week. And it has a MNL case number.

So why didn't they tell me on the phone? :ph34r: and why was it mailed to my work address? :blink:

Weird!!

Rex (happy Rex) :dance:

PS: Marie, your day will get better!

PSS: Dizzy, go check your mail box, work too!

CONGRATS, though!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: ! lol

---

---

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I booked my interview...August 25th!! Silly me could have booked earlier except my security settings were blocking the calendar, so when others pay their fees check your security settings. Now my stress is about booking a medical so that I am spending the least amount of time in a hotel. Medyis requires 3 processing days which would place me in Montreal over the weekend adding 3 additonal days, Seiden only requires 48 hours but are not booking for August until mid June, which then means no booking flights/hotels until then...arghhhhhhh The stress of all of this continues....BUT I AM SUPER HAPPY WITH MY APPOINTMENT!!!!

Congrats on the recent approvals!!!!

Have a great day everyone,

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Well. I found my case. It's still at USCIS - VSC.

The officer said it's bouncing from cart to cart. My heart broke when I heard it. It hasn't even made it out the door yet. They put in a service request, and i emailed a copy of I-797 to NVC so they can inquire as well.

I booked my interview...August 25th!! Silly me could have booked earlier except my security settings were blocking the calendar, so when others pay their fees check your security settings. Now my stress is about booking a medical so that I am spending the least amount of time in a hotel. Medyis requires 3 processing days which would place me in Montreal over the weekend adding 3 additonal days, Seiden only requires 48 hours but are not booking for August until mid June, which then means no booking flights/hotels until then...arghhhhhhh The stress of all of this continues....BUT I AM SUPER HAPPY WITH MY APPOINTMENT!!!!

Congrats on the recent approvals!!!!

Have a great day everyone,

Lise

Awesome news!! Why is your interview date so far out in August? I thought for sure we'd all have interview dates in June/July at the latest!! Wonder if that's Canada specific?

---

---

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well. I found my case. It's still at USCIS - VSC.

The officer said it's bouncing from cart to cart. My heart broke when I heard it. It hasn't even made it out the door yet. They put in a service request, and i emailed a copy of I-797 to NVC so they can inquire as well.

Awesome news!! Why is your interview date so far out in August? I thought for sure we'd all have interview dates in June/July at the latest!! Wonder if that's Canada specific?

Montreal is all booked for June/July up until Aug 23! The only way to get an earlier appt. is if there is a cancellation...but that interfers with other bookings that are needed (medical/hotel/flights). So I will count my

blessings and go with the 25th! It will be a big crunch for my Sept 11th wedding but I will do it!

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.