Wish ME Luck

Vermont NOA2 update

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Guess what happen today. I called the USCIS #, and guess what they told me. They say that although my case is outside the 5 month mark. They can not even put a request on my case since (according to their computer, Vermont is currently working on July 10 application). So they told me to wait some more until Vermont work on July 13 cases then to call them back. Is that some B.S. or what. Boy i was mad.

So i ask, when can they put a request on my case. They told me they didnt know how long it will be that i just have to call back. they told me that the 5 month is just a estimated timeline not a deadline.

So i ask him who can i complain to or call about this. he told me if i would like to make a a complain to go to the USCIS web site. thier are # and address on there for complains. But according to what i read on the website its mostly about employee misconduct. So wht now? I guess it worth a shot. Let's get everyone to email them and call them tommorrow. Pick a time at let's keep the complains coming from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. lets try to be heard tommorrow everyone.

I'll call at 11.30am.

here a copy of the site.

Report USCIS Employee Misconduct

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) employees are expected to practice high ethical standards while delivering customer service to you.

Our number one priority is to perform our duties with a deep commitment to maintaining the trust that you have placed in us to administer the nation’s immigration laws fairly, honestly and correctly.

Anyone with knowledge or suspicion of criminal violations, misconduct, wasteful activities or allegations of civil rights or civil liberties abuse by a USCIS employee should report specific information to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of the Inspector General. Such a report should include the:

Date, time and location of the incident

Specific nature of the alleged misconduct

Name(s) of employee(s) involved

You can make a report by any of the following methods: ·

Toll-free DHS Hotline at 1-800-323-8603

By fax at (202) 254-4292

Via e-mail to dhsoighotline@dhs.gov

By mail to the following address:

Department of Homeland Security

Attn: Office of the Inspector General

245 Murray Drive, Building 410 Stop: 2600

Washington, D.C. 20528

Sorry to hear, the time frames given are a complete joke, USCIS staff are extremely rude, they always talk over me reading some script and refuse to talk about anything not on the script. You can go into great depth explaining how long its been and what hasn't been done right or wrong, they will just ignore it. You can request to speak with an immigration officer (which I assume is tier 2?) sometimes its an hour wait on the phone, usually these people are nicer , but, they never seem to give much more information other than "its pending"

Here is how it goes for me

Me : My case has been pending for 1 year and 5 months or more , from 2009 and going into 2011, when will I get an answer?

Them: Did you check online?

Me: Says its pending, I need an answer

Them: Looks like its pending

Me: I need something done about it

Them: We can put in a service request

Me: Its about the 50th one, will it make a difference

Them: Do you want it or not, looks like you just put one in 30 days ago we cant

Them: Anything else we can do for you ?

Its insane , I just wish they could tell me " Sir will give you a yes or no answer on this date xx/xx/xxxx " Then my wife and I could make whatever plans we need to, right now we are stuck, we can't plan anything or make any big decisions because we are waiting. She has job offers she has given up because we hate for her to have to give them up and fly back to her country , we can't just up and fly to other countries on such short notice .

To make things worse, I got a letter from USCIS telling me that service requests were delaying my case, the Letter they sent had horrible misspellings. You would not think it came from a government office. I didn't even think it was real at first it had so many spelling errors. I can only hope the person that sent it, does not speak English .

Edited by Adam and Thet

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Guess what happen today. I called the USCIS #, and guess what they told me. They say that although my case is outside the 5 month mark. They can not even put a request on my case since (according to their computer, Vermont is currently working on July 10 application). So they told me to wait some more until Vermont work on July 13 cases then to call them back. Is that some B.S. or what. Boy i was mad.

So i ask, when can they put a request on my case. They told me they didnt know how long it will be that i just have to call back. they told me that the 5 month is just a estimated timeline not a deadline.

So i ask him who can i complain to or call about this. he told me if i would like to make a a complain to go to the USCIS web site. thier are # and address on there for complains. But according to what i read on the website its mostly about employee misconduct. So wht now? I guess it worth a shot. Let's get everyone to email them and call them tommorrow. Pick a time at let's keep the complains coming from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. lets try to be heard tommorrow everyone.

I'll call at 11.30am.

here a copy of the site.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) employees are expected to practice high ethical standards while delivering customer service to you.

Our number one priority is to perform our duties with a deep commitment to maintaining the trust that you have placed in us to administer the nation’s immigration laws fairly, honestly and correctly.

Anyone with knowledge or suspicion of criminal violations, misconduct, wasteful activities or allegations of civil rights or civil liberties abuse by a USCIS employee should report specific information to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of the Inspector General. Such a report should include the:

By fax at (202) 254-4292

Washington, D.C. 20528

Whetehr you complain or not will make absolutely no differene at all, so why waste your time!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It will make a difference, unfortunately a negative one. The only result will be a longer delay, possibly because someone is talking on the phone about a complaint when they could have finished an application with those 15 minutes. :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

they told me that the 5 month is just a estimated timeline not a deadline.

I thought that answer was correct? So why do we need to complaint?

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

unfortunately ,the five months thing is just a goal,not really how it always works.the USCIS national blah blah is 11 months

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It will make a difference, unfortunately a negative one. The only result will be a longer delay, possibly because someone is talking on the phone about a complaint when they could have finished an application with those 15 minutes. :wacko:

The phone jockeys are not immigration officers, hence why they give blatantly incorrect information repeatedly.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

I'll call at 11.30am.

here a copy of the site.

By fax at (202) 254-4292

Washington, D.C. 20528

Best thing to do is to call your congressman / senator and have them make an inquiry behalf of you. that's what i am planning to do on 12/30 as my 5 month is up on 12/29.

congressmen/representatives cant do much.USCIS is god.

Agreed if called my congressman countless times, he does check on the case but gets the same answers, it doesn't push them at all to just give a yes or no

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

They have to do and inquiry and they do it correctly. Some of you think its a waste of time

maybe for you it is. But it did help and the senator caseworker did create a case and is

currently working to get some answers. Some times you just have to be nice to people to get

some where. Some of you do gets answers some dont. One thing you have to learn is to have

patients about some things. USCIS has thousand of cases dailky. but makes you think there are

thousands of workers at TSC or any place in the USA processing CR-1 or any claim.

It takes time..complaining only makes you more upset. So chill out and wait the 5 to 6 months

your suppose to wait and than complain after your 180 days. Good luck..

you will get your approval sooner or later.. just wait your time like your suppose to.

I'm being expedited for medical issues and the Veterans Administrations doctors provided a letter

for that support. So if you have a valid support and case take steps and use them. Just remember

all good things come in time and you just cant hurry them....

:):)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

im not saying contacting your congressman is a waste of time,im saying dont expect a miracle.when you call to make an inquiry,its a luck thing,if you get a good informative operator,they will do it correctly,if not well then,they fake it or tell you there is technical problem or bring up billions of excuses,none sense excuses.but if you contact your congressman,they will make a correct inquiry when they say they do.however what happens after that is out of their hands.they can call and ask for information and updates,but they cant do much more.

CSC and USCIS guarantee effective and fair service,they fail to provide that.therefor i think we all have the right to contact them when we feel like we are getting mistreated or not treated fairly.

unfortunately 1lovingyou2,the five months is a goal,nothing more.it can take up to 11 months.how can you justify that?

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am pretty sure the USCIS is aware that people over the 5-month mark are upset and starting to get impatient. I'm not quite sure if a massive attack on the phone lines would make the immigration workers speed up their pace. It is quite understandable the reason for impatience, but for the sake of your own well being, try taking your mind off it for a while (as long as you can). If your congressman is already on it, and a request had already been put in concerning your case, just try and chill. If not for anything, do it for your health and sanity's sake.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

So i ask, when can they put a request on my case. They told me they didn't know how long it will be that i just have to call back. they told me that the 5 month is just a estimated timeline not a deadline.

So i ask him who can i complain to or call about this. he told me if i would like to make a a complain to go to the USCIS web site. their are # and address on there for complains. But according to what i read on the website its mostly about employee misconduct. So what now? I guess it worth a shot. Let's get everyone to email them and call them tomorrow. Pick a time at let's keep the complains coming from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. lets try to be heard tomorrow everyone.

I'll call at 11.30am.

any updates on your case?

event.png

One look

One smile

One touch

One embrace

One kiss

One love

Two people

Two minds

Two souls

Two destinies

One road

One journey

One ending

Together

358272338v5_240x240_Front.jpg20821470_125x125.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.