Rose32

Got married and left Usa, Help!!!

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi! I need help with this. If someone can help me, I will be very happy. Ok, its like this..I went to Usa, to visiting friends year 2007. Me and a guy just fell in love , and we got married after 3 months. I stood with him for 3 years, without applying for visas or anything. I didnt know that I had to apply for something there, I thought we were married and thats it! This year 2010, I went back to my country, to visit my family, but now I cant go back to my husband. I looked it up from here, I have to apply for a visa/green card and that can take months or even years,what I read online. Me and my husband is crying over the phone and internet, and I really regret I went back here just to visit my family, big mistake. I miss him so much. Please anyone, help , what can I do, to make it faster. I know you people think I was stupid not to apply from there, but I really didnt know, until I went here and now is too late too think about it.

Rose

My advice would be to speak with an Immigration lawyer. I'm betting you'll probably have to start the process of a Spouse visa, but yes, that can take months. A long 5 months or so... just for the first part of the approval! (K3 visa) Find an Immigration Lawyer because they would know more about your options.

Even if you end up having to wait months just to come back... just remember, it's for him, so it's worth it! I hope for the best for you!

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: Other Timeline

When you left in 2010, you triggered a 10-year bar from returning. This can be overcome with an I-601 waiver, but that waiver is pretty much impossible to get for somebody in you situation.

You'll have to wait until 2020. The only way for you and your husband to live together is if he moves to Sweden.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I need help with this. If someone can help me, I will be very happy. Ok, its like this..I went to Usa, to visiting friends year 2007. Me and a guy just fell in love , and we got married after 3 months. I stood with him for 3 years, without applying for visas or anything. I didnt know that I had to apply for something there, I thought we were married and thats it! This year 2010, I went back to my country, to visit my family, but now I cant go back to my husband. I looked it up from here, I have to apply for a visa/green card and that can take months or even years,what I read online. Me and my husband is crying over the phone and internet, and I really regret I went back here just to visit my family, big mistake. I miss him so much. Please anyone, help , what can I do, to make it faster. I know you people think I was stupid not to apply from there, but I really didnt know, until I went here and now is too late too think about it.

Rose

I wish I had an answer for you. Your story is so sad. People will criticize you for how you did things, criticism is always easy. Ignore them.

This is your first step, you have started the process, hopefully others more knowledgeable then I can direct you.

Let your love and desire to be with your husband empower you and drive you forward, write letters, send emails, seek those that can help and guide you.

I wish you the best, may God bless you.

Filed: Timeline

Ouch.... i didn't want to be the one to give this bad news report. That's why I hate when ppl, report all you have to do is file your I-130 and everything will be ok, that is not correct. As JUST BOB reported, the OP has a long road to travel.

Need an immigration lawyer to sort this out. Yes, you will get many I'm so sorry, but the truth is you have a lonnnnng road to travel to get to the end result of returnibg to the US.

Edited by ATPEACE

Timeline

My advice would be to speak with an Immigration lawyer. I'm betting you'll probably have to start the process of a Spouse visa, but yes, that can take months. A long 5 months or so... just for the first part of the approval! (K3 visa) Find an Immigration Lawyer because they would know more about your options.

Even if you end up having to wait months just to come back... just remember, it's for him, so it's worth it! I hope for the best for you!

Hi!! thank you for your reply. I am so sad about this, but as u said, if it takes months, i swear, i will be so happy, i just want to go home!

My husband want to come here, we miss each other so much, and maybe he can help me from here too.. I was thinking to call the american embassy on monday and schedule an appointment.

But thank you for answering me. Months is ok, but not years, I wil surely die.

Rose

Rose, it will be more than a couple of months. Bob may not have said it softly, but what Bob has stated is the truth. Look under the waiver form on this board and read some of their post. Kiwi was just giving you the soft version, of an I don't know what it will take to solve your proble. Read up on overstays.

Timeline

I wish I had an answer for you. Your story is so sad. People will criticize you for how you did things, criticism is always easy. Ignore them.

This is your first step, you have started the process, hopefully others more knowledgeable then I can direct you.

Let your love and desire to be with your husband empower you and drive you forward, write letters, send emails, seek those that can help and guide you.

I wish you the best, may God bless you.

Hi! thanks for replying. I just read that I could be banned for 10 years, i want to cry now, only thing that can bring me up is that my husband will be here soon for a visit cuz he miss me to much and my trust in god. i wish so much that i never left usa, when the love of my life is there and he is crying and i cant come back.. i cant give up, i will go to the amerian embassy and beg them to help me, and he have to do things from usa too,right?

Rose

God bless you too

Hi!! thank you for your reply. I am so sad about this, but as u said, if it takes months, i swear, i will be so happy, i just want to go home!

My husband want to come here, we miss each other so much, and maybe he can help me from here too.. I was thinking to call the american embassy on monday and schedule an appointment.

But thank you for answering me. Months is ok, but not years, I wil surely die.

Rose

How long did you overstay your previous visa...if you did. That is very important. If you overstayed your visa by 181-365 days, you will incur a 3 year ban from entry to the US. If you overstayed by over one year, you will incur a 10 year ban. It is possible to get a waiver for the overstay, but as justbob said above, your odds of getting the 601 waiver are very slim based on your situation. I hope for your sake that you didn't overstay your previous visa. Please inform us so we can give ACCURATE advice.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

How long did you overstay your previous visa...if you did. That is very important. If you overstayed your visa by 181-365 days, you will incur a 3 year ban from entry to the US. If you overstayed by over one year, you will incur a 10 year ban. It is possible to get a waiver for the overstay, but as justbob said above, your odds of getting the 601 waiver are very slim based on your situation. I hope for your sake that you didn't overstay your previous visa. Please inform us so we can give ACCURATE advice.

She stated that she stood by him for 3 years without applying for a visa. so, this looks like a 10 year ban.

Timeline

Hi!

I overstood 3 years. Never applied for nothing. I just lived with him over there. Now when I read all this, you guys telling me its a 10 year ban. now I will surely die, cuz i cant live without him. i am so stupid, why did i leave the us. i cant read all this right now, i have to go out and get air. i be back little later. thank you guys for answering.

Rose

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ouch! There is no point in you going to the embassy- they cannot let you back in/ make an exception, even if they wanted to.

You need to decide if you want to chance it and go for a spousal visa (IR-1), which will be denied at interview, and then file a waiver for the ten year ban- if so, a good immigration lawyer may help-, or live out your ban in Sweden and thus look into your husband moving to you.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! thanks for replying. I just read that I could be banned for 10 years, i want to cry now, only thing that can bring me up is that my husband will be here soon for a visit cuz he miss me to much and my trust in god. i wish so much that i never left usa, when the love of my life is there and he is crying and i cant come back.. i cant give up, i will go to the amerian embassy and beg them to help me, and he have to do things from usa too,right?

Rose

God bless you too

I hope others that know can tell you what your husband can do. I do not know anything about the legality of how this is done.

All I can say is that if I were your husband my first step would be to find and talk to a very good immigration lawyer. That would be step one for me.

Second, I would start writing letters and emails to every congressman in my state explaining the situation as briefly as possible and asking them for guidance on who to talk to

or where to direct your questions. Even people in the town where you lived, pastors, doctors, public officials, teachers, make a list of them, you might need their input to validate your relationship and your character.

I would put together a history of your life with your husband, something that tells what you did while you were there. Be careful with this, you don't want to tell them you have broken other laws like working and stuff, but if you volunteered or helped the community in some way.

The world can be a brutal place when everyone goes by the "book and the rules". You and your husband have to seek out that person or those people that might be able to bend those rules in your favor.

Above all do not lose hope! You have been hit very hard right now and it's probably hard to breathe, but breathe you must, get focused and stay focused. Stand up and fight!

Timeline

I hope others that know can tell you what your husband can do. I do not know anything about the legality of how this is done.

All I can say is that if I were your husband my first step would be to find and talk to a very good immigration lawyer. That would be step one for me.

Second, I would start writing letters and emails to every congressman in my state explaining the situation as briefly as possible and asking them for guidance on who to talk to

or where to direct your questions. Even people in the town where you lived, pastors, doctors, public officials, teachers, make a list of them, you might need their input to validate your relationship and your character.

I would put together a history of your life with your husband, something that tells what you did while you were there. Be careful with this, you don't want to tell them you have broken other laws like working and stuff, but if you volunteered or helped the community in some way.

The world can be a brutal place when everyone goes by the "book and the rules". You and your husband have to seek out that person or those people that might be able to bend those rules in your favor.

Above all do not lose hope! You have been hit very hard right now and it's probably hard to breathe, but breathe you must, get focused and stay focused. Stand up and fight!

Hi! Thank you for replying, i was just outside, I live in Sweden by the way, and I didnt feel the cold at all, he called me, and we cried, I told him the news, and we cant live without each other, I could take 1 year even, right now not even a second wthout him, but 10 years, god forgive me, but i want to die, i cant stop crying, i accuse myself, why did i leave, why. he said hes gonna be here soon,but i cant ask him to leave the states, but we will die for sure without each other. i have people there that can state that i voluntered in a church, but i didnt work there. he worked and i stood home. my home is there , in us, not here, if someone told me right now, that i could go back, i will run to the airport and leave and i will hug everyone on the airport in us, but this is a nightmare for me right now and i talk to a lawyer here and he will do that too over there, but what i just heard in here, its kinda impossible anyways, and we didnt even get a kid with each other, and im 32 now, so to wait 10 years, i will never have a kid, and yes , i wouuld wait 10 years for him, and that day im leaving, i will neveeer come back here again.

Rose

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so sorry for your situation.

You broke the law because you did not do any research before you stayed in the US for 3 years. Now you are very emotional, understandably so, but you need to begin planning for your future. Your husband needs to file the I-130 NOW, failing to do so means more time apart. Read the guides for the Cr-1 visa and get the petition in the mail - don't wait for him to get to Sweden

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

The US embassy cannot help you and are under no obligation to help you - there is no right for a US citizen to bring his wife to the US.

At the very least, contact Laural Scott who offers free immigration chats on Wednesdays at scottimmigration.net and begin your waiver. This can take a large amount of time to complete so best to be prepared.

Oh, and research, research, research

Good luck

Edited by canadian_wife

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.