Bad_Daddy

In Pakistan, Christianity Earns a Death Sentence

235 posts in this topic

Those comments are not as "specific" as you seem to think they are.

No I recognize your comments as extremely general to topic, extremely specific in regards to constant accusations of bigotry.

I don't look to the mod's to control your posting style though. I can take it.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No I recognize your comments as extremely general to topic, extremely specific in regards to constant accusations of bigotry.

I don't look to the mod's to control your posting style though. I can take it.

The constant spew of one-liners on here about Muslims and Islam is bigoted. If you can't or won't see it, that's not my problem.

In Pk, Christianity does NOT earn one a death sentence. My husband was raised Christian his entire life in Pk. His parents are both Chistians as were their parents. I've asked him to briefly describe what it was like to grow up in Pk as a Christian. His reply was that although he was not fearful of his life, Pk is not a country for a Christian to "grow" professionally. They are for sure discriminated against. I asked if he felt like the discrimination was equal to Muslims who are discriminated here in our part of USA. His eyes got big and he said NO WAY. Americans, in general, are much much much more tolerate (I said IN GENERAL) to all races and religions compared to his countrymen.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Since you get away with TOS violations willy nilly it is hard to take your complaint here seriously. Why support censorship if the powers that be allow give and take in this forum?

Seems to me you think only 'right thinkers' defined as those who agree with you, defined by you, should be allowed to post. That is just sad.

It is as easy as not reading a thread or post you don't care for to avoid being offended. The power is yours to jump in or not.

Everything you said about me more accurately applies to you. I would add that you and your cohorts routinely encourage division on this board, and you do so gleefully.

Edited by Sofiyya

Timeline

In Pk, Christianity does NOT earn one a death sentence. My husband was raised Christian his entire life in Pk. His parents are both Chistians as were their parents. I've asked him to briefly describe what it was like to grow up in Pk as a Christian. His reply was that although he was not fearful of his life, Pk is not a country for a Christian to "grow" professionally. They are for sure discriminated against. I asked if he felt like the discrimination was equal to Muslims who are discriminated here in our part of USA. His eyes got big and he said NO WAY. Americans, in general, are much much much more tolerate (I said IN GENERAL) to all races and religions compared to his countrymen.

numb-nuts who constantly post bait threads wallow in hyperbole. Even they know that the title is overkill, but, that's the point. In regards to " tolerance", who wants to be merely tolerated? I'd say that most Americans are mostly indifferent to race or religion as long as they stay in their "place" and don't start to hone in on what the old guard sees as their rightful position as tolerator to the tolerated.

In Pk, Christianity does NOT earn one a death sentence......

Are you telling us that the article that the OP posted is in fact a total lie and falsification ?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20101205/wl_time/08599203519600;_ylt=AtuidkWiQURzM1E4mk3GSA1vaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTJtMDQ2YjFqBGFzc2V0A3RpbWUvMjAxMDEyMDUvMDg1OTkyMDM1MTk2MDAEcG9zAzI5BHNlYwN5bl9hcnRpY2xlX3N1bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDaW5wYWtpc3RhbmNo

In a depressingly familiar pattern, her defense of her faith was twisted into an accusation of blasphemy, according to her family and legal observers familiar with the case. As a frenzied mob pursued her, the police intervened, taking her into custody. But far from protecting her, they arrested and charged Noreen with insulting Islam and its prophet. And on Nov. 8, after enduring 18 months in prison, she was sentenced to death by a district court, making her the first woman to suffer that fate.

In the ensuing weeks, the case of Noreen, popularly known as Aasia Bibi, has sparked a national furor. Human rights campaigners and lawyers have denounced the sentence. Religious fundamentalist groups, usually at odds with one another, have suddenly coalesced around a campaign to defend the blasphemy law and attack its critics. One politician who called for Noreen to be pardoned now faces a fatwa for alleged apostasy. Another politician, who is trying to have the blasphemy laws amended, has been warned that she will be besieged. On television, religious scholars have disagreed among themselves over the law's merits. Divisions are also being seen within the government, with powerful figures taking opposing sides. And there has even been global outrage, with Pope Benedict XVI last week calling for Noreen's freedom.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Its kind of funny. I started reading this thread backwards (i often do this...not sure why) and I can't even find the topic for 3 pages. Its just a bunch of randomness with a side of muslim bashing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Its kind of funny. I started reading this thread backwards (i often do this...not sure why) and I can't even find the topic for 3 pages. Its just a bunch of randomness with a side of muslim bashing.

sousuke!

oops wrong thread

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Don't forget basher bashing! Anything to avoid the OP, death for blaspheming Islam!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Everything you said about me more accurately applies to you. I would add that you and your cohorts routinely encourage division on this board, and you do so gleefully.

No I learned in kindergarten tattling is wrong. You suggested discust you aren't able to silence others with reporting to mods.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The constant spew of one-liners on here about Muslims and Islam is bigoted. If you can't or won't see it, that's not my problem.

Religion is good. God says so. All of them agree. Pass the donation plate.

Sometimes people from one religion have to kill people from other religions because God says so. They HAVE to. Sometimes they kill people from their OWN religion to make it even, though. There are too many people anyway.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Double post

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

It's an overwrought hack job with a clear bias, as all of your posts are.

It's an overwrought hack job with a clear bias, as all of your posts are.

Hack job eh...

Either the story is an outright lie and fabricated, or it's factual.

Which one is it? Lies or facts ?

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."