Bad_Daddy

In Pakistan, Christianity Earns a Death Sentence

235 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Don't worry so much about the threads you deem "anti Islamic", and spend more time praying for the victims of religious wing nuts.

In other words...why are you posting on this thread other than to try stray from the topic...

Why are you posting these threads? Who does it help besides your myopic, bigoted ilk? What have you done to change the circumstances of this woman you shamelessly exploit to further your twisted biases? Clearly, you do nothing but post and b!tch, and it offends you deeply when someone points that out.

It thought this thread was going to be some real discussion over Christian death sentences in Pakistan. Instead, it appears to be bickering over what should and shouldn't be allowed on a thread(free speech), who and who isn't a bigot, and what is and what is not ignorance. I don't generalize muslims simply because the media tells me to. However, some will, and if muslims do not want the stigma of being terrorists, it is up to them to educate the public of their genuine practices. Until then, the media's side of the story will dominate. As to the OP, the fact that Pakistan has a law that would put Christians to death has nothing to do with the media. It is in place because someone was motivated to put it in place. This thread never came off to me as someone bashing muslims in general. Actually, I thought it would possibly be informative to those who are not aware of the constant persecution of Christians in muslim nations. I am all for acceptance of others and their freedom of speech. If I don't approve of your religion, so be it. Who cares? If one wants to be a muslim, so be it too. I won't come after them, and please don't attack me for believing that God did begat a son whom I also believe to be mankind's Savior. That is my perogative. Unfortunately, some people don't share this freedom. I love America for the simple fact that I and a muslim can be friends, can exchange ideas, disagree, shake hands, and not worry about an angry mob affiliated with whatever coming after either one of us to persecute us. With that said, Pakistan's blasphemy law is simply bogus.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Timeline

It thought this thread was going to be some real discussion over Christian death sentences in Pakistan. Instead, it appears to be bickering over what should and shouldn't be allowed on a thread(free speech), who and who isn't a bigot, and what is and what is not ignorance. I don't generalize muslims simply because the media tells me to. However, some will, and if muslims do not want the stigma of being terrorists, it is up to them to educate the public of their genuine practices. Until then, the media's side of the story will dominate. As to the OP, the fact that Pakistan has a law that would put Christians to death has nothing to do with the media. It is in place because someone was motivated to put it in place. This thread never came off to me as someone bashing muslims in general. Actually, I thought it would possibly be informative to those who are not aware of the constant persecution of Christians in muslim nations. I am all for acceptance of others and their freedom of speech. If I don't approve of your religion, so be it. Who cares? If one wants to be a muslim, so be it too. I won't come after them, and please don't attack me for believing that God did begat a son whom I also believe to be mankind's Savior. That is my perogative. Unfortunately, some people don't share this freedom. I love America for the simple fact that I and a muslim can be friends, can exchange ideas, disagree, shake hands, and not worry about an angry mob affiliated with whatever coming after either one of us to persecute us. With that said, Pakistan's blasphemy law is simply bogus.

Hello, jonny come lately. I doubt you've read the entire thread or you would see that the objections are primarily about the motivations of the OP, who constantly posts threads that support his firmly formed anti-Islam views. Start with the title of this thread, which is overblown and purposely hyperbolic. Those of us who have been paying attention understand that his motivations are not altruistic, nor are they to promote discussion. He is interested in providing a forum to bash Muslims, period. He does the same on other poster's thread, too.

This is an immigration forum where the stated objective is to provide a safe and welcoming site for discussion. That it allows certain posters to repeatedly forment division under the guise of consistent posting of negative views of one particular group of people is a legitimate concern.

BTW, I have lived and worked in several Muslim countries and know for a fact that Christians are not persecuted anywhere near the extent that the western media would have you believe. In fact, for 23 years, I was a human rights advocate in the Middle East and saw first hand what actually happens. To this day, I work with other professionals to educate the willing and change the laws, so it's really irritating gimme when someone only posts one-sided articles with the intent to incite and inflame disdain of one group so they can post as if they are superior to and condescending toward another. If they don't put their time and money where their mouth is, they deserve to be challenged every time.

Edited by Sofiyya

Hello, jonny come lately. I doubt you've read the entire thread or you would see that the objections are primarily about the motivations of the OP, who constantly posts threads that support his firmly formed anti-Islam views. Start with the title of this thread, which is overblown and purposely hyperbolic. Those of us who have been paying attention understand that his motivations are not altruistic, nor are they to promote discussion. He is interested in providing a forum to bash Muslims, period. He does the same on other poster's thread, too.

This is an immigration forum where the stated objective is to provide a safe and welcoming site for discussion. That it allows certain posters to repeatedly forment division under the guise of consistent posting of negative views of one particular group of people is a legitimate concern.

BTW, I have lived and worked in several Muslim countries and know for a fact that Christians are not persecuted anywhere near the extent that the western media would have you believe. In fact, for 23 years, I was a human rights advocate in the Middle East and saw first hand what actually happens. To this day, I work with other professionals to educate the willing and change the laws, so it's really irritating gimme when someone only posts one-sided articles with the intent to incite and inflame disdain of one group so they can post as if they are superior to and condescending toward another. If they don't put their time and money where their mouth is, they deserve to be challenged every time.

Hey, Johnny is home and says you might be more affective without the attitude. I don't doubt your feelings and knowledge of the OP in the matter. However, I see this one article pointing out a system that I know to be in place by Pakistan and not Islam in general. I don't get my news of Christian persecution from western media either. I don't doubt that you have seen alot if you say so, but you don't see it all. In many places, the church is pushed "underground", and the stories from the people who are the church are there as well. I won't argue this notion, and no, I did not read every single post as I could see early on that I wasn't interested in what problems people have with other people. God bless.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There are no laws against utilizing your freedom of speech to say the same thing over and over again, but don't expect people not to notice. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from criticism.

Always remember this is the Off Topic, sub-topic Politics and Religion forum so it is not the place to find help and helpful information on the family visa process.

Here you can read about how Pakistan isn't even a Muslim country but of course you don't have to believe that nonsense and call BS when you choose to.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Hey, Johnny is home and says you might be more affective without the attitude. I don't doubt your feelings and knowledge of the OP in the matter. However, I see this one article pointing out a system that I know to be in place by Pakistan and not Islam in general. I don't get my news of Christian persecution from western media either. I don't doubt that you have seen alot if you say so, but you don't see it all. In many places, the church is pushed "underground", and the stories from the people who are the church are there as well. I won't argue this notion, and no, I did not read every single post as I could see early on that I wasn't interested in what problems people have with other people. God bless.

Your entire first post was attitude, dude. You didn't even bother to read enough to learn why people were critical. You got critical with no info to do so. Be more careful next time.

Jocularity jocularity!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Your entire first post was attitude, dude. You didn't even bother to read enough to learn why people were critical. You got critical with no info to do so. Be more careful next time.

On the contrary, my first post was an interpretation of what I read with some beliefs of mine thrown into the mix. There wasn't any attitude directed at anyone in particular. Sorry if you read it out of context. It is sometimes difficult to convey emotions on a forum with exceptions of course. Derogatory statements being thrown around being one of those exceptions. Please, don't take personal offense because the thread was boring me before I got to any good parts.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC