Bad_Daddy

In Pakistan, Christianity Earns a Death Sentence

235 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Could you give us a list of posters and the topics they shouldn't discuss so peace among us can reign again?

:secret: It's disrespectful not to capitalize the name of a religion or its adherents. I just wanted to show my sensitive side, too.

I could give a list of the posters, but it would be against the TOS. Suffice to say, anyone who has been reading these forums for any length of time knows who these people are.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Im convinced that the admin and mods on VJ are anti-Muslim/Islam and dont mind the baiting, so nothing will be done to stop the mockery and misinformation spread here about them. Complaints about it are ignored, but my little thread asking what major religion is peaceful was shut down for baiting even though there was none. The TOS is a joke, so is this board and the idiots who post these threads to allow others to debase at will.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im convinced that the admin and mods on VJ are anti-Muslim/Islam and dont mind the baiting, so nothing will be done to stop the mockery and misinformation spread here about them. Complaints about it are ignored, but my little thread asking what major religion is peaceful was shut down for baiting even though there was none. The TOS is a joke, so is this board and the idiots who post these threads to allow others to debase at will.

IMO, it was a bad idea to splinter off Politics and Religion from OT and make them there own forum, but since these seems a permanent move, I'd suggest that Religion become it's own separate forum, which I think would help alleviate some of the politically-motivated antagonism and ridicule that is aimed at most of the religions and their followers.

Not putting persons to death for blasphemy of Islam, not blowing themselves up in the name of Allah, not pushing 10-14 year old's into arranged marriages. Stopping those would probably effectively stop these threads too... just spitballing here.

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

Not putting persons to death for blasphemy of Islam, not blowing themselves up in the name of Allah, not pushing 10-14 ti's into arranged marriages. Stopping those would probably effectively stop these threads to... just spitballing here.

The problem is that these issues are more complex than simply painting them as religion based. These are primarily geo-political issues, where the players are hiding behind the veil of religious zealotry.

Edited by 8TBVBN

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

There's really nothing that can be done unless someone crossed the TOS, then you can just report it. People can disagree or have a different view of any religion that they want to. No one has to agree with me about how I personally view Christianity.

It is very haughty though when someone has to insult those who believe in a religion, over and over. It's also bitter looking. Many religious people are happy in what they believe. I do not feel oppressed, filled with guilt or any other bitter sounding reason for believing what I do. As a Christian, I don't go looking for random opportunities to insult those who don't believe what I do. That's what rude people do. If they say they wouldn't do it in real life, it's even worse. And some religious people here are very rude too, by the way. Don't think I haven't said so before.

Visajourney is not everything in the world. It's a small section of life. Life is much bigger. People here purposely write controversial topics to be discussed. It can be very interesting at times. It's not all bad. Some come to dump their bitterness or frustrations in a way they would not dare do in real life. I find that low and pathetic.

IMO, it was a bad idea to splinter off Politics and Religion from OT and make them there own forum, but since these seems a permanent move, I'd suggest that Religion become it's own separate forum, which I think would help alleviate some of the politically-motivated antagonism and ridicule that is aimed at most of the religions and their followers.

I am not sure if having a separate forum for religion would help any. Some people just want to write what they want, no matter where. I don't know if any of this is really caused by separating Politics and Religion from off topic, since it was mostly about moving controversial topics away from the main Off topic section in general.

I am not sure there are enough people who would like to sincerely and respectfully talk about religion to give it it's own forum.

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not putting persons to death for blasphemy of Islam, not blowing themselves up in the name of Allah, not pushing 10-14 year old's into arranged marriages. Stopping those would probably effectively stop these threads too... just spitballing here.

So it's ok to make blanket generalisations about muslims, is it?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

You can't stop people from believing what they want about Islam, or Christianity, or any religion on visajourney unless they really want to learn. They are allowed to believe what they want. If they cross TOS, you report it. If they don't, you can just argue with them.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

first, we must have a witch hunt for the one responsible for p&r being split off from ot. :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

People do bad things, and sometimes they use God to justify them. What happens with bigots when discussing issues where Islam is being used is there is no allowance given for that, nor any recognition of any good from Islam nor its adherents. What we get is a steady drumbeat of negativity and mockery of a faith, and anyone who refuses tries to offer some balance, perspective or correct misinformation. Where excuses and concessions are made for Christian malactors, all Muslims are tainted by the acts of a few here.

But, have no fear, enjoy your ignorance and sophomoric views. The mods are silent, and, thereby, in league with you.

Timeline

first, we must have a witch hunt for the one responsible for p&r being split off from ot. :dance:

I thought there were several who were for it. I never liked the idea and still don't.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

People do bad things, and sometimes they use God to justify them. What happens with bigots when discussing issues where Islam is being used is there is no allowance given for that, nor any recognition of any good from Islam nor its adherents. What we get is a steady drumbeat of negativity and mockery of a faith, and anyone who refuses tries to offer some balance, perspective or correct misinformation. Where excuses and concessions are made for Christian malactors, all Muslims are tainted by the acts of a few here.

But, have no fear, enjoy your ignorance and sophomoric views. The mods are silent, and, thereby, in league with you.

I've told you this before. There are no good muslims in the public eye. What matters is what the media puts out there.

Right now there's a social stigma in being a muslim. You want that to change? #1 - start pushing your local paper with opinion articles condemning the actions of other muslims, and #2 hope they listen.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

I've told you this before. There are no good blacks in the public eye. What matters is what the media puts out there.

Right now there's a social stigma in being black. You want that to change? #1 - start pushing your local paper with opinion articles condemning the actions of other blacks, and #2 hope they listen.

Sounds familiar.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds familiar.

on the contrary, blacks aren't/weren't going around putting bombs on their children and sending them into coffee shops.....

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!