Hurting Bad

HELP!!! In the US on fiancee visa, but petitioner backed out!!!

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No, I didn't.

She needs a sponsor in order to get a work visa. She cannot get a sponsor if she doesn't go out looking for one. I suggested hospital administration given her background, which was quite a bit more specific than a vague idea about "networking". That is nothing more than the vacuous suggestion to contact people. Duh - what an insight.

I'm not interested in an internet put-down ego battle. You have a nice day and if you want to make another incorrect comment I'm just not going to answer it.

Foe a Company to sponsor someone for a visa they need a visa category that the person/job fits in.

If she had a degree in Hospital Admin AND the job required such a degree then there might be a possibility.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

OP, there is no way for you to adjust status; you must go home. I understand it's heartbreaking, but you kinda knew that was the probable outcome before you even stepped foot on the plane to come here. I don't mean to sound harsh, and that is not my intention...but you started the other thread knowing full well that you'd probably be going back home...I'm quite thrown by your 'exploring my options' comment, because as for staying, legally you cannot (if you marry your ex, of course you can). I understand it must be hard, but them's the facts.

Whether or not you can make some contacts in jobs who might sponsor you in future is another story...the work visa stuff is beyond my knowledge.

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
OP, there is no way for you to adjust status; you must go home. I understand it's heartbreaking, but you kinda knew that was the probable outcome before you even stepped foot on the plane to come here. I don't mean to sound harsh, and that is not my intention...but you started the other thread knowing full well that you'd probably be going back home...I'm quite thrown by your 'exploring my options' comment, because as for staying, legally you cannot (if you marry your ex, of course you can). I understand it must be hard, but them's the facts.

Whether or not you can make some contacts in jobs who might sponsor you in future is another story...the work visa stuff is beyond my knowledge.

Good luck

I don't understand the purpose of your post. The OP NEVER asked how to AOS. She stated she knows she can't. There have been several posts by her acknowledging this fact, why did you bring this up AGAIN? It just makes people think that this is her purpose when she has stated multiple times it is not. She's simply asked about her options in regards to her SSN and whether it's okay to look for someone to sponsor her for a work VISA (note I said VISA, not AOS from her current one).

Once again I will request this thread be closed because, and no offence intended but, it's people like you that keep derailing the thread from it's original purpose and the OP has the answers to her actual questions.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

I don't understand the purpose of your post. The OP NEVER asked how to AOS. She stated she knows she can't. There have been several posts by her acknowledging this fact, why did you bring this up AGAIN? It just makes people think that this is her purpose when she has stated multiple times it is not. She's simply asked about her options in regards to her SSN and whether it's okay to look for someone to sponsor her for a work VISA (note I said VISA, not AOS from her current one).

Once again I will request this thread be closed because, and no offence intended but, it's people like you that keep derailing the thread from it's original purpose and the OP has the answers to her actual questions.

What did I say hrmmm? I said exactly that - look for someone to sponsor for a visa for future.

I don't need your caps and your admonishment as if I'm some child needing scolding. mmkay?

The OP mentioned 'weighing her options' and as far as I can see, there is but one...unfortunately to return home. My post addressed that. OP has said she will not break the law...that is great. Then OP mentioned nursing visa...did you notice that when the nursing visa was discussed as being moot, then it switched to a possible work in IT visa? Did it ONCE cross your mind that possibly the OP is under the notion that while abiding by the law, she may think she can get a visa while she's here, thus NOT breaking the law. I NEVER ONCE accused the OP of any nefarious behavior or motives...I simply pointed out that as far as short term 'options' the only one is to go home. It sucks...but it's true. Heard of reading comprehension Vanessa????

As for seeming to want to stay in the US (because some of you have asked about this), I just feel that I want to see what other options I have.

This trip, there IS no other option. I didn't derail the thread, I addressed a post.

'No offense intended' to you but it's people like YOU who need to chillax, and not get so bent out of shape over something which 1- doesn't really concern you, 2-directly addressed a post, therefore germane to the conversation, 3 - who the heck are you to request this thread to be closed??? Get over yourself hon.

I could go on, but meh, nevermind. You wanna take this up with me in pvt, I invite you to do so. It is out of respect to the OP that I won't speak the rest of my mind here.

Edited by Lisa C

Timeline
Why should you be the one having a thread closed, unless there are blatant TOS violations in it? Normally it is up to the OP as to whether or not they want their thread closed.

Threads get derailed around here all the time, and way worse than what Lisa has just done.

Lisa is just one of several people who keep saying "you HAVE to leave" when the OP knows that, and has restated it several times. It's people like Lisa who mention it AGAIN even though it's already been covered and dismissed as not applying to the OP. More people come to the thread, read Lisas post and think "oh she wants to AOS? I should tell her how she can't" and it just keeps going..

I never said I would close it. Nor did I say I would report it to be closed, I said I would request it be closed, that means asking the OP if they feel their question has been answered and how to ask for the thread to be closed.

What did I say hrmmm? I said exactly that - look for someone to sponsor for a visa for future.

the OP already stated she was doing that and was asking if that was okay. So you restating it is pointless.

Did it ONCE cross your mind that possibly the OP is under the notion that while abiding by the law, she may think she can get a visa while she's here, thus NOT breaking the law.

No it didn't. Because she stated she knows she needs to leave and come back on another visa.

I didn't derail the thread, I addressed a post.

Yeah you derailed from both the original post (which was a qn about SSN) and her further question which is here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/285093-help-in-the-us-on-fiancee-visa-but-petitioner-backed-out/page__view__findpost__p__4324981 which mentions her skills and asks which one of her skills you think gives her the best options, and what sort of positions she should apply for.

You are derailing the thread from it's current path, hence the term "derail", the current path is "what are my skills that you think are best". You are ONCE AGAIN bringing up the moot point of AOS in the US. She KNOWS she can't. She KNOWS she needs to leave.

'No offense intended' to you but it's people like YOU who need to chillax, and not get so bent out of shape over something which 1- doesn't really concern you, 2-directly addressed a post, therefore germane to the conversation, 3 - who the heck are you to request this thread to be closed??? Get over yourself hon.

It DOES concern me, it doesn't apply to me, but it concerns me. it did not "directly address a post". It was you confused and applying what you THOUGHT was the intent of the post even though it had been clarified multiple times that AOS wasn't the intent of the OP.

As stated to Tracy, I am permitted, as is any other member of VJ, to ask the OP if she thinks her qn has been answered, and to recommend to her that in order to stop posts on her topic that don't relate to her qn, to contact a Mod and request such. In fact, I suggest for the OP's benefit she relaunch her qn about her skills/work visa stuff in the "work visa" forum so people realise she's not trying to AOS, she's simply asking about her work visa options.

Timeline
You didn't recommend to the Op that she request her thread to be closed,

You have access to my PM's? Well good to know!

Once again I will request this thread be closed because....

Bully for you, Vanessa! ;)

She didn't listen to you on the 1st when you made your suggestion, btw...so I guess you're hellbent on seeing it get closed now? I think you need a project of sorts or something. As a suggestion...it's nice scarf wearing weather! Could be a nice way for you to diffuse your apparent hostility! (F)

Timeline

She didn't listen to you on the 1st when you made your suggestion, btw...so I guess you're hellbent on seeing it get closed now? I think you need a project of sorts or something. As a suggestion...it's nice scarf wearing weather! Could be a nice way for you to diffuse your apparent hostility! (F)

I didn't PM her the first time, figured she'd read it... though I can't recall if she's been back since then and I can't be bothered checking.

Thank you for your suggestion of a scarf. I appreciate your concern for my health and well-being.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Maybe you would also need a hobby since you need to pull up Vanessa's post that's earlier then your last post.

I can see both of your sides but I do have to "side" with Vanessa, there was no real need to, again, question the OP's intention in asking around with future possible employers. Atleast that's how I read your original post and I guess that's the way Vanessa read it aswell.

If that was not your intention, you worded it weirdly and then I'm sorry for making that assumption.

The OP has gotten alot of useful information in this thread and I agree with the idea that she might want it closed since there is not much to add to it, and the fact that because of possible mis-readings, it might have been derailed. If she has more questions in the future I'm sure she'll post it in the right forum since she seems like a very competent female.

April 2007 : Met
07/28/07 : Officialy dating
06/07/09 : Engaged
09/04/09 : Married

10/06/09 : I-130 Sent
10/15/09 : NOA1
01/11/10 : Expedite Request Sent Through Congressman
01/14/10 : NOA2

01/22/10 : Got NVC casenumber
03/16/10 : Case Complete

05/04/10 : Medical
05/11/10 : Interview - APPROVED!!
05/14/10 : Passport w/ Visa recieved

05/29/10 : POE JFK
06/25/10 : Apply for SSN
06/29/10 : Received Welcome Letter
07/01/10 : Recieved SSN (33 days after POE)
07/07/10 : Greencard production ordered
07/13/10 : Second Welcome Letter recieved
07/15/10 : Green Card recieved (47 days after POE)

04/02/12 : ROC NOA1
05/24/12 : ROC Biometrics
12/19/12 : ROC Approval
12/24/12 : New GC recieved

3/18/16 : N-400 Application sent
3/25/16 : Text/Email confirmation NOA
4/22/16 : Biometrics Appt

6/24/16 : NOA date for Interview

7/28/2016: Interview

I didn't PM her the first time, figured she'd read it... though I can't recall if she's been back since then and I can't be bothered checking.

Thank you for your suggestion of a scarf. I appreciate your concern for my health and well-being.

Well perhaps you should be 'bothered to check' since my post addressed something she wrote on the 2nd. ;) Perhaps you should 'bother to check' before you start going off on one with people.

Btw, at this point, thanks to you and your admitted refusal to keep up on a thread, therefore misunderstanding my context, I agree that the thread would be best to be closed now. But that is entirely up to the OP.

OP, good luck with finding someone to sponsor you in future...I truly mean that! and I hope things go smoothly for you! (F)

Nurses are NUMBER ONE in desirability for American men. You won't have ANY problem getting another.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

You have access to my PM's? Well good to know!

No, we both had to go on what you said. If what you meant was I'll have the mod ask the OP if she wants it closed, then say that, or expect people to misinterpret.

I still don't even see the need for the PM to a mod anyway based on what I said previously (about tons of threads being derailed way worse than this one). But - whatever floats your boat.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Foe a Company to sponsor someone for a visa they need a visa category that the person/job fits in.

If she had a degree in Hospital Admin AND the job required such a degree then there might be a possibility.

:lol:

You're cracking me up now with your relentless assumptions on either my lack of intelligence or experience.

I've processed dozens and dozens of applications as director of graduate studies at my department at the University of Alaska, and as an employer in my research company.

So now allow me to reciprocate; In order to "network", did you realize she has to use a telephone? Or maybe a computer? To "network" in person, of course you have erred in thinking she can do this without going somewhere to meet them. She cannot network if she stays at home and contacts no-one, you know. Tsk. Tsk.

It's thirty below zero outside and with this broken leg I'm reduced to cruising the forum, so ordinarily the tedium of responding to this kind of thing would not appeal to me.

But I do anxiously await now, until the weather breaks, your next assumption about what I don't know. It's in good humor from me - I'm amused now.

But in terms of the OP she seems to be a very competent person with a decent amount of drive as well as integrity, without need of inane advice. You don't need a degree specifically in hospital administration in order to manage some minor department. Would you like me to produce some job vacancy ads in order to show you this?

It seems to me that some here are actually dreaming up reasons to discourage this person, and you can find a thousand ways to discourage people if that is what you set out to do.

My money says she's going to be successful because of her positive attitude, clear thinking, and determination.

Remember to put your pants on with the zipper in front today. ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.