Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We too are August filers who got sent to TSC on 11/4 and then got the notice that it had been sent to a "USCIS Office" on 11/25. When I called last week, I did get a level 2 person and he said it was still at TSC and that it had never left. From what I can see, TSC is pretty screwed up and are probably enterring status codes to the online system incorrectly.

Accordingly, I question what really happened to the petitions for people who went from the "initial interview" status to "post decision" status. This is not a "normal" progression and many people got this update. I am guessing that one of the following 2 things happened:

• They never really left TSC and agent(s) enttered incorrect status codes.
  • They were incorrectly forwarded somewhere and then returned and are continuing to be processed in the normal manner.

When I called the USCIS about our transfer (to a USCIS office), the person that answered the phone (level 1?) said that he did not have access to my actual case file and would need to "escalate my call" (to level 2?). The second person actually looked at my case and said, "no, it had never left TSC".

I mention this because if you never talked to a level 2 person, he/she wass not actually looking at your case but was giving you a scripted answer of some sort.

Do you know what the status of your petition is now? If it's back to "initial review" I think you are good to go. If not, you might want to try to call again. In my case I simply told the 1st guy that the online system said I was transferred to a USCIS office, I had never gotten the notification in the mail and I would like to know "which office" my petition was in. I never asked to be transferred but, based on that request, he escalated the call.

For all people calling USCIS: - I DO NOT Recommend using words that request a level 2 person. Just be humble, polite and friendly and ask questions that you think will get your petition escalated. I know it is definitely based on what agent you get but if you are not getting what you need and they don't escalate your call, simply call back and try different wording. Again...the answering agent does not have access to your specific file. He/she probably has the same status info you do and is tasked with explaining what that status/info means. He/she is probably also tasked with minimizing the number of calls escalated to a level 2. The key is for you to engage the agent in such a way that he/she believes you have a need for a level 2 and he/she WANTS to help you get there. (Obviously, just my 2 cents, as always).

Best wishes to you and all of us on this journey.

:yes:

Hey so I did exactly what u said to do and and got transfered to a level 2 person. They said my case was also still at TSC. When I asked about the wait period of 5 months she said that a petition isnt really overdue till 15 days after the 5 month period and if I didnt get any notification by then to call and they could probably do something in order to speed up the proccees. She said that meanwhile she really couldnt give me much information. Also, that TSC is trying to honor the 5 month period, so if we didnt get anything after 5 months to call and we did not have to wait 3 or 5 more months more. To me this is good news!

Edited by JamesandRosa

USCIS: I-130

Priority Date- July 1st

I-130 Hardcopy- July 15th

Transfered from CSC to TSC- November 2nd

I-130 sent to "USCIS Office"- November 24th

Touched- November 26, 28 and 29

Touched Feb. 9th

I-130 transfered back to CSC from TSC- Feb. 10th

Transfered to "USCIS" office again- Feb. 10th

Touched- Feb. 11th

APPROVED FINALLY!- FEB. 15th!

Touched- Feb. 26 and 28th

NVC: NVC

Case Number- March 2nd(automated Voice system)

NVC Invoice Number- March 3rd

All NVC fees paid- March 4th

All NVC fee transactions complete- March 7th (pretty much nxt day, except it was a weekend so we had to wait for them to go threw on Monday)

Submitted all documents- March 8th

All documents recieved and processed- March 11th

Case at NVC COMPLETE- March 17th

US Councel in Juarez:

Recieved all documents-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

who do I call? TSC or CSC...do you have any contact info? I would like to contact them if I dont hear anything this week

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We haven't seen each other since Aug 2010. I am thinking of going to Cameroon for Christmas or in early January.

Oh good - I know I would find it hard being so far away. Wishing you a safe trip and a lovely time together!

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, I think you are correct. When I finally reached the State Dept, they said they have yet to see it and recommended that I call NVC... they haven't seen it either. I honestly hope this is the case.... I would hate if they screwed something up and it ens up taking an additional 180 days to rectify.

We too are August filers who got sent to TSC on 11/4 and then got the notice that it had been sent to a "USCIS Office" on 11/25. When I called last week, I did get a level 2 person and he said it was still at TSC and that it had never left. From what I can see, TSC is pretty screwed up and are probably enterring status codes to the online system incorrectly.

Accordingly, I question what really happened to the petitions for people who went from the "initial interview" status to "post decision" status. This is not a "normal" progression and many people got this update. I am guessing that one of the following 2 things happened:

• They were incorrectly forwarded somewhere and then returned and are continuing to be processed in the normal manner.

When I called the USCIS about our transfer (to a USCIS office), the person that answered the phone (level 1?) said that he did not have access to my actual case file and would need to "escalate my call" (to level 2?). The second person actually looked at my case and said, "no, it had never left TSC".

I mention this because if you never talked to a level 2 person, he/she wass not actually looking at your case but was giving you a scripted answer of some sort.

Do you know what the status of your petition is now? If it's back to "initial review" I think you are good to go. If not, you might want to try to call again. In my case I simply told the 1st guy that the online system said I was transferred to a USCIS office, I had never gotten the notification in the mail and I would like to know "which office" my petition was in. I never asked to be transferred but, based on that request, he escalated the call.

For all people calling USCIS: - I DO NOT Recommend using words that request a level 2 person. Just be humble, polite and friendly and ask questions that you think will get your petition escalated. I know it is definitely based on what agent you get but if you are not getting what you need and they don't escalate your call, simply call back and try different wording. Again...the answering agent does not have access to your specific file. He/she probably has the same status info you do and is tasked with explaining what that status/info means. He/she is probably also tasked with minimizing the number of calls escalated to a level 2. The key is for you to engage the agent in such a way that he/she believes you have a need for a level 2 and he/she WANTS to help you get there. (Obviously, just my 2 cents, as always).

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey so I did exactly what u said to do and and got transfered to a level 2 person. They said my case was also still at TSC. When I asked about the wait period of 5 months she said that a petition isnt really overdue till 15 days after the 5 month period and if I didnt get any notification by then to call and they could probably do something in order to speed up the proccees. She said that meanwhile she really couldnt give me much information. Also, that TSC is trying to honor the 5 month period, so if we didnt get anything after 5 months to call and we did not have to wait 3 or 5 more months more. To me this is good news!

I'm glad that worked for you. I hoped this lowered your anxiety (at least a little). :)

I'm really curious as to what they will tell you when you call again. Please let us know! Five months and 15 days would be around 1/10/11 for me...

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Attention TSC Filers with Status with status that jumped from "initial review" to "post decition activity" -

It appears that TSC changed the status of some petition from "initial review" to "post decition activity" in Error.

The 2 postings below are from VJ-ers who had this situation. They both called and found that there petitions never left TSC. :bonk:

Yes, I think you are correct. When I finally reached the State Dept, they said they have yet to see it and recommended that I call NVC... they haven't seen it either. I honestly hope this is the case.... I would hate if they screwed something up and it ens up taking an additional 180 days to rectify.

My original posting -

Sorry for the lengthy multi-post. I'm starting to get the hang of how to post on this site and am having fun with the "advanced features". I am "kind of" a perfectionist (do you think :lol:) and wanted to put it all together for you . Have a great week and success with your Visa Jouney :D -

my case is on "Initial Review"was transferred to uscis office last nov.30.... and my last touch is on dec.03 ...

USCIS:

07/21/2010 - NOA1

02/07/2011 - NOA2 approved! 201 days since NOA1!!!

02/14/2011 - NOA2 HARDCOPY RECEIVED

NVC:

02/15/2011 - NVC case number assigned

02/16/2011 - emailed ds3032 to nvc

02/17/2011 - gave both our email address.

02/18/2011 - DS3032 accepted.

03/15/2011 - AOS & IV paid. both "IN PROCESS"

03/16/2011 - AOS & IV show's "PAID"

03/24/2011 - Mailed AOS & IV pack to nvc

04/13/19/2011 - received an RFE email from NVC about my ds-230 and AOS form =/

04/22/2011 - (ds230 & Aos)Checklist sent to nvc

05/04/2011 - Sign In Failed!!! :)

05/05/2011 - Case Complete! :)

05/16/2011 - Interview Scheduled!

06/09/2011 - Interview date "APPROVED"

MEDICAL:

03/21/2011 - first day

03/22/2011 - medical result: IMMUNIZATION! =) thank god.

POE:

06/17/2011 - Received VISA

06/21/2011 - poe to SF :)yay!

06/21/2013 - 2year green card expiration date!

03/20/2013 - Mailed I-751 overnight express

07/19/2013 - Received RFE

08/19/2013 - RFE Received by CSC

08/22/2013 - GC APPROVED! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

This still does not change anything. It appears to be an error, but no one has yet confirmed it to be an error, as the USCIS has not changed/sent anything to anyone making them aware of USCIS error. So, I am just not sure what other news are you bringing with your post? I only hope USCIS will update those cases with post decision soon and resolves their internal error.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Out of patience in 2 weeks, today we have 4 months 2 weeks and 4 days from NOA1. Come on USCIS give some approvals from Texas.

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

Well... in about 48 hours, my 5 month waiting period will be up. So I'm hoping to hear something from TSC pretty shortly. I know that paitence is a virtue, and that good things come to those who wait. But mine is almost gone. I have a positive attitude about things, as I know that even if it gets approved, we won't get to the NVC before the first of the year, but to hear something would be better then hearing nothing at all at this point. So in about 72 hours, which will be Friday, I will be calling for the first time to check on our case. And yes, I will be polite, and quite frank about it.

Hopefully, I will get a straight answer about something. If not, then I will just stop by my congressmans office here in town, and talk to them. And see if they can move the process along a bit quicker. I have no faith in that either. I just keep faith in my love for my wife, and also depend on the strength of those going thru the process with us.

So here's hoping for something in the next couple of days...

Thomas

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable):2010-01-21

I-130 Sent : 2010-07-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-07-09

I-130 Approved :2011-02-09

NVC Received : 2011-02-15

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-02-17

Pay I-864 Bill: 2011-04-29

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-29

Return Completed I-864 :2012-03-02

Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :2011-02-15

Pay IV Bill :2012-03-15

Receive Instruction Package :2012-03-18

Case Completed at NVC :2012-05-03

NVC Left : 2012-05-03

Interview Date : 2012-06-06

Interview Completed: 2012-06-06 Status: APPROVED!

It has taken 698 days from your I-130 to your Interview...

Well... in about 48 hours, my 5 month waiting period will be up. So I'm hoping to hear something from TSC pretty shortly. I know that paitence is a virtue, and that good things come to those who wait. But mine is almost gone. I have a positive attitude about things, as I know that even if it gets approved, we won't get to the NVC before the first of the year, but to hear something would be better then hearing nothing at all at this point. So in about 72 hours, which will be Friday, I will be calling for the first time to check on our case. And yes, I will be polite, and quite frank about it.

Hopefully, I will get a straight answer about something. If not, then I will just stop by my congressmans office here in town, and talk to them. And see if they can move the process along a bit quicker. I have no faith in that either. I just keep faith in my love for my wife, and also depend on the strength of those going thru the process with us.

So here's hoping for something in the next couple of days...

Thomas

Best of luck!

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys, I never want to be this type of negative person but USCIS is driving me crazy. Every time I call them and try to talk to tier 2 person, I get different answer.

Today they told me that 5 months is their projection, you have to wait 30 days after that to be called out of normal processing time. After that they will put service request, which will take 30 days to respond and it will tell only the current status (which we all know about our case), they will not expedite case unless a reason (stated on their website)

I have contacted all 3 congress and senate persons, and their office says they need 2-3 weeks to respond to the applicant.

What do you think guys, now at this stage, writing directly to TSC or CSC or may be Ombdusman worth ? or it will hurt my petetion ?

I am on 5 months 2 weeks stage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.