RightClicK

Am i gonna pay MORE!!!!?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey friends ,

You know that iam K3 visa and when the case get approved and be sent to NVC , Its gonna be CR1 , well, am i going to pay this IV bills since its going to be CR1 or am not gonna pay since they made this change them selves .

Thanks in advance

Sam

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

K3 is dead. It's been dead for some time... months and months. It is automatically converted to a Cr1 and yes, you will pay all fees associated with CR-1 processing... but to be honest i don't know why you're complaining, you save $1000 not having to do AOS when she arrives in the US.

Timeline

K3 is dead. It's been dead for some time... months and months. It is automatically converted to a Cr1 and yes, you will pay all fees associated with CR-1 processing... but to be honest i don't know why you're complaining, you save $1000 not having to do AOS when she arrives in the US.

Am not complaining at all, i just hate surprises , so i wanted to know if am gonna pay another 404$ or just the 88$..got it ?

Sam

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Am not complaining at all, i just hate surprises , so i wanted to know if am gonna pay another 404$ or just the 88$..got it ?

Oh, well.. sorry I have no idea about fees for CR-1... I'll move this to the proper forum for you :)

** moved from "K3 Process & Procedures" to "CR1/IR1" as this is now a Cr-1 matter **

Timeline

Oh, well.. sorry I have no idea about fees for CR-1... I'll move this to the proper forum for you :)

** moved from "K3 Process & Procedures" to "CR1/IR1" as this is now a Cr-1 matter **

Thank you a lot.

Sam

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

There are two fees associated with IR-1/CR-1

$88.00 for AOS (Affidavit of Support)

$404.00 for IV bill

Both need to be paid.

Why are you asking if you need to pay "more"?

$404.00 for IV bill

Both need to be paid.

because the "pro-CR1" people promote this "you pay $1000 more by going the K-3 route" myth.

Sam, Nica is correct.

since the fee increase it's $492 (total) more for the CR1 than the K3. (used to be $470)

Edited by nab

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Timeline

$404.00 for IV bill

Both need to be paid.

I didn't mean more than that...i thought whom was k3 and they changed it to CR1 they don't charge him this 404..i though only the 88$..loool

I know..thank you bros..that was so helpful.

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

There's always a Visa Application Fee, just with K Visas it's paid in the Foreign country to the US Embassy.

The Affidavit Of Support Fee would eventually be paid at Adjustment of Status anyway.

In the long run, yes CR/IR Visa is cheaper than K Visa as there is no Adjustment of Status.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Sam, a quick gide for you - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse :star:

Don't even think about K3 path. It is waste of time and money.

Also, if you have excess money, please buy nice gifts to your habibati :star:

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Timeline

Sam, a quick gide for you - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse :star:

Don't even think about K3 path. It is waste of time and money.

Also, if you have excess money, please buy nice gifts to your habibati :star:

Loto

Thank you for the guide. and am not thinking about the K3 at all..i just thought that i wouldn't pay the 404 since i didn't apply for the cr1 since the begin and that they are the ones whom will choose that for me so they would afford it ..that's all and i wish i had more money...i saved this money to see my wife by it again ...but i can't now .

Sam

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thank you for the guide. and am not thinking about the K3 at all..i just thought that i wouldn't pay the 404 since i didn't apply for the cr1 since the begin and that they are the ones whom will choose that for me so they would afford it ..that's all and i wish i had more money...i saved this money to see my wife by it again ...but i can't now .

Sam

You didn't apply for anything. You filed two petitions. Your spouse will be applying for the CR1 visa, so will pay the visa application fee. If she were allowed to apply for the K3 visa, the visa application fee would have been $350 but paid in cash in her home country instead of to NVC.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

You didn't apply for anything. You filed two petitions. Your spouse will be applying for the CR1 visa, so will pay the visa application fee. If she were allowed to apply for the K3 visa, the visa application fee would have been $350 but paid in cash in her home country instead of to NVC.

Well, we filled the 2 petitions as a K3 but the i-129f will be administrativly closed when it arrive NVC ,so its gonna be cr1 , so i thought i wouldn't pay the cr1 visa fees as i wouldn't pay it for k3. but i understood now that am going to pay it either way :D.

Thank you a lot.

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Well, we filled the 2 petitions as a K3 but the i-129f will be administrativly closed when it arrive NVC ,so its gonna be cr1 , so i thought i wouldn't pay the cr1 visa fees as i wouldn't pay it for k3. but i understood now that am going to pay it either way :D.

Thank you a lot.

All visas have application fees. You pay the application fee for the visa you apply for. You pay the petition filing fee for the petition you file. One is not the other.

I make this point regularly here. I wish the members would cease using the terms "file a petition" and "apply for a visa" as if they were the same thing. It causes a lot of confusion.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.