Hopeishere

Need some advice about Divorce in Egypt

129 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well sad to say after over 2 years of marriage and now in AP. I have discovered my husband has cheated on me, not physically but enough for me to be done with this marriage. There other things to add as well such as lying and name calling that im not willing to put up with I know It will get worse when he gets here. Question is does anyone have any idea of how to get a divorce in egypt? I know im calling DOS and NVC and USCIS tomorrow, if any helpfull advice I sure could use it or some numbers. He told me he will never divorce me. I don't feel this was a waste of time just God showing me this is not where im supposed to be. Thanks for reading.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

While I don't have any advice regarding divorce in Egypt but you should contact the embassy immediately and notify them that you're no longer interested in pursuing this marriage. State that you're pulling your I-864.

I'm sorry to hear the news of an impending divorce, hang in there and be strong! Keep the faith, lady!

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm very sorry to hear this. :(

I'm not sure about divorce in Egypt but wouldn't it be easier to divorce here in the US?

I want to add that I think your attitude about this is incredible. You're being very smart and strong.

Edited by je veux ton amour

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

you're right... i dont know why people change when they get to the usa. Do wat u must.. he might have jus wanted a get away card since there's no respect and worst - cheating, some just dont think.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

So sorry to hear your news, I agree with the above. Its better to find out now, then for things to be worse when he gets here. If I can find any info for you I will definitely pass it on. Best wishes and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and be strong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You don't need to divorce him in his country , you file for divorce in your state and just like your marriage there is valid here your divorce here is a divorce.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

i never expected that u and ur husband one day think about divorce its really bad news and i want u think againe before u take Decision that will affect ur life and if its the only Solution to be divorce then just i will pray for u that u found one better than him god bless u sister

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sandra~

My heart goes out to you girl. Just remember, whatever the outcome of big mess is, you still have lots of friends here.

Take care of yourself and your heart, if you need somebody to lend an ear, I am here for ya.

(F)

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

Sandra am so sorry to hear what is happening. I personally think you are making the right choice.

Whatever you so chose to do, please remember you have many friends here on visajourney. We

love and care about you and your well being. Best wishes. (F)

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this Sandra. rose.gif

I know a couple of people on here from MENA who are going through or have gone through divorces with MENA spouses. Some have been while they are still abroad and some have been while they are here. You may divorce abroad or in your state. It seems to cost around the same price. Let me know if you'd like me to talk to any of them for you to get in touch with you.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Thank you all for your kind words and emails sent to me as well you guys are awesome, I talked to Ahmed last night and he was begging me to try and make this work, I know things will not change he has said these words before, going there 7 times and being married over 2 years you put a lot of yourself into this. I dont feel at all it was a waste but just a growing opertunity. I don't really feel that heart broken, just knowing that this will be over and he is not comming is a big help. Thinking about what things could of turned out to be in the long run would of been worse so I thank God this has happened for a reason. There is always time to grow and improve your life and learn from your mistakes and im taking that and running with it. Again thank you all for being here for me, the support is more then i could of ever asked for.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Again, I'm just amazed at your wonderful (and MATURE) attitude about this sad situation. You are an amazingly strong woman. Although you and I don't know each other, as a woman, I'm very proud of your self respect and dignity. Continue to keep your head up. May all good things come to you. (F)

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sandra,

I'm so so sorry for what you are going through. You are a very strong woman. I do admire your attitude about the whole situation. Stay strong and positive. Everything happens for the best.

If you are ever need to talk, I'm only a PM away. (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Timeline

Sandra,

You're an amazing and strong woman. :thumbs: Do what's best for you and your son. There are too many people who think that those type of behaviors will correct themselves once a partner is here. It's very untrue and many of us have seen the fall out after the partners arrive so standing up to it now is your safest route.

You are very sweet person and you have many friends here who support your decision. (F) I believe getting the divorce in the US would be the best avenue to follow.

Best of luck and I'm sure we will catch up soon.

Annie (L):luv:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.