Hopeishere

Need some advice about Divorce in Egypt

129 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If he is cheating, lying and calling her names he and the marriage doesn't deserve a second chance. What kind of life would Sandra have if her husband came here and continued cheating, lying, calling her names or possibly worse? She's doing the right thing.

I did not say that cheating , name calling and laying are acceptable behavior .I was thinking about it like its divorce and it really hurts me when i see a couple after they go that far and when they are so close to be togther after so long painfull journey they want a divorce .

And all what i said just want them to think twice before they divorce .

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Amen! All of this oh don't throw away a good thing just blows my mind. He had a good thing and pizzed it away without taking into consideration that Ms. Sandra has a spine and apparently knows how to use it. ;) It reminds me of a saying my daddy taught me to use in times such as these when I was a wee little grasshopper: "I sincerely apologize if I ever gave you the impression that I was a person who you could ** with." :thumbs:

Edited by Staashi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well in my defence the ppl here that said follow my heart thats what im doing. Its kinda funny today how I sat with a couple at work from Jordan he was a christian minister that came here in 1972 a super wise man, and said to me many times has he seen this happen. He and his wife also prayed with me which I thought was so sweet and exactly some extra strengh I have needed. Ahmed has been calling and sending me messages and begging me to come back to him, I got an email from the embassy and they said I had to DHL a paper to the embassy noterized to cancell the visa so I have done that and there is no looking back at this. Im folling my heart and gut, I know this relationship will only get worse. When Ahmed tells me he has already changed in the last few days and to give him another chance, hell how many chances are there to give. Then another name another women on msn he is chatting with that he doesnt even know disrespecting our relationship. I truely believe in there eyes at least the way he was raised this is OK behavior. Well its not ok for me. So im pulling up my boot straps and moving on. Im going to San Diago Aug. 8-11 for a awesome work promotion I won and get to stay at the hard rock cafe in a suite and im going to enjoy my time to the fullest and relax and have fun. Its time I move on and im for sure standing my ground on this and not changing my mind.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Sandra, sister, I give you the "You go girl!" award of 2010. You've got balls to do what you did - something that many gals just wouldn't have done. I'm very proud of you. Have a blast on your trip - you deserve to have a wonderful time. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I did not say that cheating , name calling and laying are acceptable behavior .I was thinking about it like its divorce and it really hurts me when i see a couple after they go that far and when they are so close to be togther after so long painfull journey they want a divorce .

And all what i said just want them to think twice before they divorce .

you can only try to make it work for so long. enough is enough at some point and this treatment is unaceptable. he obviously doesn't think it's very important how far they've come and such a journey.... the divorce hurts you? his treatment of her should hurt you more in my opinion...

good for you Sandra and have an awesome time on your trip!

Timeline

Exactly!!

Sandra, have a great time on your trip! You totally deserve it!

you can only try to make it work for so long. enough is enough at some point and this treatment is unaceptable. he obviously doesn't think it's very important how far they've come and such a journey.... the divorce hurts you? his treatment of her should hurt you more in my opinion...

good for you Sandra and have an awesome time on your trip!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't think i can add anything to what have been said before. All i can do it congratulate you on your strength. I am an Egyptian man and i do know these types, and assure you that you just escaped a long journey of torment, deceit and misery. As for his cheating i will simply link a reply i gave in a similar thread about another cheating husband.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/266165-regretting-that-i-am-a-us-citizen/page__view__findpost__p__4077966

May god be with you and stay strong.

Timeline

Sandra, I don't know you well but I am sorry to hear that you are going thru this. As others have said I think you are a very strong woman, and making the right decision. I hope nothing but the best for you and your son, stay strong!!

As for the two men that advised she think twice before following thru with the divorce, I wonder if the tables were turned and a man found out his wife had cheated and he was filing for divorce if you would feel the same way and encourage him to stay and try to work it out?

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you all for your kind words and emails sent to me as well you guys are awesome, I talked to Ahmed last night and he was begging me to try and make this work, I know things will not change he has said these words before, going there 7 times and being married over 2 years you put a lot of yourself into this. I dont feel at all it was a waste but just a growing opertunity. I don't really feel that heart broken, just knowing that this will be over and he is not comming is a big help. Thinking about what things could of turned out to be in the long run would of been worse so I thank God this has happened for a reason. There is always time to grow and improve your life and learn from your mistakes and im taking that and running with it. Again thank you all for being here for me, the support is more then i could of ever asked for.

Sandra~

I hope you are doing well girl! I quoted this because it stood out to me the most....

I don't know about you, but I do know myself, whenever I realize that I am not THAT upset about something this big, it's a good sign that my heart has all ready started heal.

Go with your gut feeling and your heart is telling you that too. A person can only take so much before they either cave in on theirselves or realize that it doesn't hurt like it did the first time it happened. That is when I know it's time to thow in the towel.

You are a strong woman with a very good head on your shoulders. Enjoy your life and let him realize that he just let the best thing that has ever happened to him just slipped by.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

I don't think i can add anything to what have been said before. All i can do it congratulate you on your strength. I am an Egyptian man and i do know these types, and assure you that you just escaped a long journey of torment, deceit and misery. As for his cheating i will simply link a reply i gave in a similar thread about another cheating husband.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/266165-regretting-that-i-am-a-us-citizen/page__view__findpost__p__4077966

May god be with you and stay strong.

what the h()el are you taking about man !!!!

everybody speaks ad chats thats not a reason for devorce and rember we only hear the story from 1 person you , did got that bro

06-15-2008 : my fiancee first visit to me ( stayed 3 weeks ) .

06-23-2009 : my fiancee secound visit me in Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ).

06-28-2009 : ENGAGED

10-29-2009 : I-129F Sent

01-27-2010 : my fiancee 3rd visit to Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ) .

02-09-2010 : travel with my fiancee to turkey in a vacation (5 days)

05-25-2010 : my fiancee 4th visit to ( stayed 2 months ) .

06-03-2010 :Interview Date .

Interview Result : approved ( ya right ! )

07-01-2010 : we got a letter had my passport and over the visa stamp says ( canceled without prejudice )!!

06-29-2010 : case sent back to usa !!!

07-07-2010 : MARRIED

01-12-2011 : the letter state the k1 case is expired , and ther was no prob to file back for any kind of visa

04-25-2011 : my wife here now visiting me in egypt for 2 and half mounth yayyyyyyyyyyyy

05-18-2011 : travel with my wife to malaysia in a 1 week vaction

06-14-2011 : register our marraige papers in cairo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAocm7.png

Timeline

Chatting with other women while being married is disrespectful and inappropriate and in many cases, cheating and, in that case, absolutely grounds for divorce. There are so many other things I could say in response to this as I'm already irritated enough by your spamming of this forum, but I will hold my virtual tongue. :angry:

I really appreciate the response of Ahmed/Rachel. I'm very glad he has chosen to speak out against this kind of abhorrent behavior that seems to be very common with his fellow countrymen.

what the h()el are you taking about man !!!!

everybody speaks ad chats thats not a reason for devorce and rember we only hear the story from 1 person you , did got that bro

Edited by je veux ton amour

Timeline

Chatting with other women while being married is disrespectful and inappropriate and in many cases, cheating and, in that case, absolutely grounds for divorce. There are so many other things I could say in response to this as I'm already irritated enough by your spamming of this forum, but I will hold my virtual tongue. :angry:

I really appreciate the response of Ahmed/Rachel. I'm very glad he has chosen to speak out against this kind of abhorrent behavior that seems to be very common with his fellow countrymen.

:devil: whatever

07-01-2010 : we got a letter had my passport and over the visa stamp says ( canceled without prejudice )!!

01-12-2011 : the letter state the k1 case is expired , and ther was no prob to file back for any kind of visa

04-25-2011 : my wife here now visiting me in egypt for 2 and half mounth yayyyyyyyyyyyy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAocm7.png

Timeline

Very mature, a.

ya i know :P

CAocm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.