Hopeishere

Need some advice about Divorce in Egypt

129 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

what the h()el are you taking about man !!!!

everybody speaks ad chats thats not a reason for devorce and rember we only hear the story from 1 person you , did got that bro

Would your fiancee find this acceptable? It is not an acceptable behavior when two people are in a committed relationship.

You need to get your priorities straight and your act together sir. I applaude Sandra for doing what was RIGHT!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

As a matter of fact (a loves a) you need to understand some important points here. First, i do believe Sandra and i don't need to really hear about his side of the story to read the obvious signs of FAIL written all over this cheater. Second, being a husband not only means that you agreed to provide and protect this woman that chose to love and trust you with her life, but also to cater to her needs and respect her feelings. This is the barest minimum of your duties as a husband. Yes i said duties and not charity you give to your wife when you feel like it. What this man did is simply stabbing her in the back and abusing her repeatedly if i understood well. As for...

everybody speaks and chats thats not a reason for divorce

well if you have the right to tell your wife not to have affairs with other men i think she has full right to tell you to stop talking to other women as well, and you should be doing that on your own anyway. As a husband one should at least keep his wife informed of any woman he contacts regularly, notably work colleagues since you are not supposed to be having affairs with other women anyway for no reason. That makes them feel involved and gives them more reasons to trust you, and avoid jealousy to boot!.

Basically, all you need to do is simply sit down and ask yourself: "How would i feel if my wife ......?". Put yourself in her position and try to feel what she would go through. If you TRULY are in love, you will do so effortlessly.

Edited by Ahmed&Rachel

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

As a matter of fact (a loves a) you need to understand some important points here. First, i do believe Sandra and i don't need to really hear about his side of the story to read the obvious signs of FAIL written all over this cheater. Second, being a husband not only means that you agreed to provide and protect this woman that chose to love and trust you with her life, but also to cater to her needs and respect her feelings. This is the barest minimum of your duties as a husband. Yes i said duties and not charity you give to your wife when you feel like it. What this man did is simply stabbing her in the back and abusing her repeatedly if i understood well. As for...

well if you have the right to tell your wife not to have affairs with other men i think she has full right to tell you to stop talking to other women as well, and you should be doing that on your own anyway. As a husband one should at least keep his wife informed of any woman he contacts regularly, notably work colleagues since you are not supposed to be having affairs with other women anyway for no reason. That makes them feel involved and gives them more reasons to trust you, and avoid jealousy to boot!.

Basically, all you need to do is simply sit down and ask yourself: "How would i feel if my wife ......?". Put yourself in her position and try to feel what she would go through. If you TRULY are in love, you will do so effortlessly.

Ahmed, you are a breath of fresh air. Just sayin'. :star:

Timeline

everybody speaks ad chats thats not a reason for devorce and rember we only hear the story from 1 person you , did got that bro

So you would not have a problem if you found out that your fiance/wife was chatting with other men?

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Understanding the reasoning of the CO's in Cairo more and more in regards to your case.. :whistle: kudos to them for looking out for your fianceé

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I appreciate you post here, its so amazing how most of the men here don't see this as a problem, as controlling as my husband is, if the shoe was on the other foot, I would probally be shot. He has always wanted to know my every move, this is my first marriage and I really wanted to push and make our marriage work, I felt I was out of options when someone does these things time and time again a person can only take some much before it starts to damage your soul and it was making me seem like I had to made excuses for his actions, like the distance was getting to him and such. After long thought this is what I did. Im happy with the choice I have made and I know deep down in my heart there is someone else out there that will treat me with the respect I deserve as I will to them. My DHL letter to cancel the visa made it to the embassy today and I printed off to keep for my records. So I hope to hear something from them. I have also followed the DHL that was paid during our interview and its not delievered yet either thank god.

Timeline

I appreciate you post here, its so amazing how most of the men here don't see this as a problem, as controlling as my husband is, if the shoe was on the other foot, I would probally be shot. He has always wanted to know my every move, this is my first marriage and I really wanted to push and make our marriage work, I felt I was out of options when someone does these things time and time again a person can only take some much before it starts to damage your soul and it was making me seem like I had to made excuses for his actions, like the distance was getting to him and such. After long thought this is what I did. Im happy with the choice I have made and I know deep down in my heart there is someone else out there that will treat me with the respect I deserve as I will to them. My DHL letter to cancel the visa made it to the embassy today and I printed off to keep for my records. So I hope to hear something from them. I have also followed the DHL that was paid during our interview and its not delievered yet either thank god.

You know what? I think i can say a whole lot now, thanking you for appreciating my post and embarking on a long winded speech about how marriages should work and cheating men..etc... but you know what? all that comes to mind now is that not only one me but many people are proud of you right now, admiring your strength in these difficult times and your decision to stop convincing yourself with his excuses just to save whats left of a one sided love. For every woman here in this wonderful community, look at Sandra's example and be careful with whom you give the keys to your hearts to. Do not be shy to ask for advice if you lack the experience or just plain unsure. Love can be a double edged weapon and there will always be those (players) who manipulate this tricky beating little thing very well!. No woman who truly loves and dedicates her life for her marriage should ever be given any less than what she gives every day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

ahmed/rachel, you rock!

isn't it kind of sad that we are all so impressed with a statement that is saying what all husbands should say??? (i hope you guys understand what i'm saying here, not meaning anything against ahmed/rachel)that it's rare enough to make us take notice...

but be that as it may, i too feel it a breath of fresh air to find one so open and understanding about his duties and obligations as a husband. Rachel, you got a good one!! :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Well sad to say after over 2 years of marriage and now in AP. I have discovered my husband has cheated on me, not physically but enough for me to be done with this marriage. There other things to add as well such as lying and name calling that im not willing to put up with I know It will get worse when he gets here. Question is does anyone have any idea of how to get a divorce in egypt? I know im calling DOS and NVC and USCIS tomorrow, if any helpfull advice I sure could use it or some numbers. He told me he will never divorce me. I don't feel this was a waste of time just God showing me this is not where im supposed to be. Thanks for reading.

You can divorce by publication here. Just go up to the courthouse and ask how you divorce when your spouse is not present.

You did yourself a huge favor and missed the car crash that would have happened had you brought him here...Dont worry too much. The people at the court house will help

You can divorce by publication here. Just go up to the courthouse and ask how you divorce when your spouse is not present.

You did yourself a huge favor and missed the car crash that would have happened had you brought him here...Dont worry too much. The people at the court house will help

No. That's not accurate.

He has the right to know he is a party to a court action. He has to be served notice according to the laws of her state. Sending the divorce papers by certified mail is typical.

Note: Sandra didn't ask whether she should do it, she asked how to do it.

Timeline

Understanding the reasoning of the CO's in Cairo more and more in regards to your case.. :whistle: kudos to them for looking out for your fianceé

my thoughts exactly!!!

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Exactly what I wanted to say yesterday only it wasn't going to come out as nicely. :blush:

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

JVTA - amen, sister. Yesterday, I had lots of profanity running through my mind but I didn't want to let it fly while on my work 'puter. ;) I think those COs in Cairo were brilliant! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.