36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just a word of warning to all AOS intender's, please make out the fee amounts separately, my AOS package was returned because i made a cheque (check) for $1010 and it was returned

i have made 2 new cheques, one for $930 and $80 and returned my package.

All documents seem to have been inspected though strangely enough, so please make two cheques or buy a money order and let them do with it as they please.

Just a word of warning to all AOS intender's, please make out the fee amounts separately, my AOS package was returned because i made a cheque (check) for $1010 and it was returned

All documents seem to have been inspected though strangely enough, so please make two cheques or buy a money order and let them do with it as they please.

Not necessary. Just ONE check for $1010 USD does the trick. You Betcha!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Are you filing late? There has been some debate on VJ lately over whether or not an I-130 is needed if you are filing after two years of arriving on a K1.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah sorry there was something else wrong with your cheque. I and EVERYONE else I know that's applied for AOS sent one cheque for $1010 and have had no issues. You either are applying late and require and I-130 as well, or wrote the cheque out to the wrong person, or dated it wrong, or simply wrote it out wrong (I had to ask someone how it was supposed to be written.. it's not like we do in Aus).

:time:

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah sorry there was something else wrong with your cheque. I and EVERYONE else I know that's applied for AOS sent one cheque for $1010 and have had no issues. You either are applying late and require and I-130 as well, or wrote the cheque out to the wrong person, or dated it wrong, or simply wrote it out wrong (I had to ask someone how it was supposed to be written.. it's not like we do in Aus).

:time:

Yes ,I Agree with Tony & Vanessa ,Something wrong with the Check, Not the Amount of AOS, I Filed AOS with One Check Payment of 1,010 It was Cashed Out immediately After I Filed.

Kjmel38 :star::star::star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Who did you make the first check out to? :whistle:

I sent 3 AOS packages at the same time, with a separate check for $1010 for each one. I could have combined all three into one check, but I wanted to make sure that if there was a problem with one package it wouldn't result in all three being sent back. All three checks were cashed without problem.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I made the check out to the USCIS (spelt out) and the fee was correct $1010, the date correct (mm/dd/yyyy) i got an I-797C specifically asking me to write 2 checks for $930 & $80.

my 90 days were up on the 06/28/10 and the said package was sent on the 06/24/10, i dont get it but i recall seeing someone complain about his check returned

2 weeks ago on VJ.

Whether it's a new policy or someone's pedantry at homeland security? its beyond me?! but i have sent two checks this time and hope my eye colour is to their liking.

I would have gladly attached the I-797C and check for all to see and judge for themselves if not for the sticky issue of security and common sense.

Edited by Blublod

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I would have gladly attached the I-797C and check for all to see and judge for themselves if not for the sticky issue of security and common sense.

What's the security issue? Don't you know how to redact a scan of sensitive information? It's really easy and can be done with the most basic of image editing software.

Timeline

What's the security issue? Don't you know how to redact a scan of sensitive information? It's really easy and can be done with the most basic of image editing software.

Bob i am a software engineer, all the redacting in the world won't save you. if you have any data mining skills or programming skills you would understand.

I am just letting others know or warning them, i have looked over my docs and i see nothing wrong.

Thanks for the advice all the same

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Bob i am a software engineer, all the redacting in the world won't save you. if you have any data mining skills or programming skills you would understand.

I am just letting others know or warning them, i have looked over my docs and i see nothing wrong.

Thanks for the advice all the same

FYI, Enterprise Architect here. I can redact personal documents 10 ways to Sunday without leaving "artifacts" in the image file. This is easy using analog or digital methods.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You were supposed to make the cheque payable to US Department of Homeland Security, not USCIS. That's probably why it was returned. There is no need for two cheques to be sent. In the instructions it says you can send one cheque for 1010 dollars.

0vi7t8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there a fee for the form I-864? Or do I just send it off as a bundle in my AOS packet along with my I-485, I-765 and I-693?

I am Canadian, but recently married here in the States so the I-864 will be reviewed domestically. I've heard that there is a new $88 fee for domestically reviewed I-864.

So far I have the following ready to send off:

AOS PACKET with a fee of $1010 includes I-485, I-765, I-693 (I-864 sent off as part of packet, or separately with a separate fee?) Anyone out there PLEASE HELP ME TO CLARIFY!! :wacko:

I-130 is ready to go separately with a fee of $355

THANKS!!!! I'm so overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that needs to be filled out and packaged up... I've been at it for over a month now!

07-2006 Met my sweetheart!!!

01-25-10 Entered the USA on student visa

05-28-10 Married!!!! <3

06-16-10 I693 Medical prepared and sealed

07-14-10 AOS Packet couriered to Chicago

07-16-10 AOS Packet received! Signed by S. Bush :)

07-23-10 CHECK$ CA$HED!!!!! So happy to see money leave my bank account!!!!

07-24-10 NOA received in the mail for AOS/EAD and hubby received AP for me :)

07-26-10 TOUCHED!!!

08-06-10 EAD & Alien Petition TOUCHED!!!

08-24-10 Service request submitted for Biometrics Letter.. waiting, waiting...

09-01-10 2nd service request call put in - Dallas ASC backed up and everything is on hold! :(

09-03-10 Infopass appointment set for September 17th

09-03-10 EAD TOUCHED!!! I might not need my Infopass appt. after all!

09-07-10 Another touch for EAD

09-08-10 EAD TOUCH again! woo hoo!

09-17-10 InfoPas appt @9am. EAD APPROVED on Sept 2.. but still waiting for biometrics

09-20-10 3rd service request to USCIS, escalated to IO. still no bio appt

09-28-10 AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

09-29-10 4th service request to USCIS, useless convo with IO

09-30-10 AP received and signed by USCIS, J.Chyba

10-04-10 Another useless convo with IO

10-06-10 Letter sent to Congressman

10-10-10 Letter sent to Senator

10-11-10 AP Touch

10-13-10 Email received, AP approved :)

10-15-10 Useless SECOND Infopass appt. and useless AP without biometrics

10-16-10 I-512L AP Doc arrived in the mail

10-18-10 Another USELESS call to USCIS

10-19-10 Got my biometrics appt for Nov 3rd!!! early walk in complete 10-20 *SEE ABOUT ME PAGE FOR MORE TIMELINE INFO!*

Timeline

You were supposed to make the cheque payable to US Department of Homeland Security, not USCIS. That's probably why it was returned. There is no need for two cheques to be sent. In the instructions it says you can send one cheque for 1010 dollars.

The instructions say Dept of homeland security or USCIS check the instructions for filling out I-485

Timeline

Is there a fee for the form I-864? Or do I just send it off as a bundle in my AOS packet along with my I-485, I-765 and I-693?

I am Canadian, but recently married here in the States so the I-864 will be reviewed domestically. I've heard that there is a new $88 fee for domestically reviewed I-864.

So far I have the following ready to send off:

AOS PACKET with a fee of $1010 includes I-485, I-765, I-693 (I-864 sent off as part of packet, or separately with a separate fee?) Anyone out there PLEASE HELP ME TO CLARIFY!! :wacko:

I-130 is ready to go separately with a fee of $355

THANKS!!!! I'm so overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that needs to be filled out and packaged up... I've been at it for over a month now!

Include the I-864 in the packet, i don't know about the $88 though, just review the docs and dates and make a check list. you will be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.