36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Cheque details from USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD This site USED to say "USCIS" (spelt out) was fine because I remember it distinctly. It's obviously now been revised.

Regardless, always follow the FORM instructions. Not what someone else has said, or mentioned in passing, or something you think you saw a month ago. Save links by all means but remember to double check them (and that you're using the updated version of the form) at the time of FILING, not the time of filling out the forms (I had to redo a few forms before I sent my AOS package because i got a bit ahead of myself and the forms were updated).

I would correct who the cheque was made out to. Check that you've written the amount correctly (as per my link above) and you should be fine. Good luck.

I have just noticed increasing rejections regarding the AOS fee, please see page one after reading this

Same thing happened to me... I first sent a check for $1010 with my application (AOS & EAD) and they rejected it saying that the fee was wrong. Then I sent my application in for the 2nd time with 4 checks for $ 930, $80, $355, $340. I know that I didnt have to send in the extra money, but I am just so tired of USCIS being so ineffective and idiotic. Btw, they cashed all 4 checks.

This is just plain weird, it seems a new directive has been issued, the frequency of rejections have increased.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! BullWinkle,

I Made a Payment of 1,010 Checked to USCIS , with My AOS Last April 30, All The Forms Submitted Are: F-I 485, F- 765,F-I 864, F- G-325 A,& the Copy of my F- I-797 & F - I 797C and all Supporting Documents required in AOS. I am from K-1 Visa to AOS, Don't know how it goes with your Case Becaused you don't have a Timeline.Form I 130 is if your Filing late, Better Look the other Advice about that. If you file with F- I485 AOS ,the F- I 864 Nope no seperated fee, but if you are Filing Late/ Not Concurrently Yes .Good Luck.

Kjmel38 :star::star::star:

Thanks Kjmel,

I am adjusting from F-1, I'm Canadian, recently married to my USC husband.

I am getting ready to submit AOS packet with I-130, I-485, I-765, I-693, G-325A, I-864 filing all of these concurrently. I have a check made out for $1010 and a separate check for $355 (for I-130).

Did you send your AOS packet while you were in the States??? My concern is that there is apparently an $88 fee for the I-864 if it is sent/viewed domestically here in the US. If I sent it from Canada it would be free.

How did you do it? Thanks! :)

Edited by BULLWINKLE

07-2006 Met my sweetheart!!!

01-25-10 Entered the USA on student visa

05-28-10 Married!!!! <3

06-16-10 I693 Medical prepared and sealed

07-14-10 AOS Packet couriered to Chicago

07-16-10 AOS Packet received! Signed by S. Bush :)

07-23-10 CHECK$ CA$HED!!!!! So happy to see money leave my bank account!!!!

07-24-10 NOA received in the mail for AOS/EAD and hubby received AP for me :)

07-26-10 TOUCHED!!!

08-06-10 EAD & Alien Petition TOUCHED!!!

08-24-10 Service request submitted for Biometrics Letter.. waiting, waiting...

09-01-10 2nd service request call put in - Dallas ASC backed up and everything is on hold! :(

09-03-10 Infopass appointment set for September 17th

09-03-10 EAD TOUCHED!!! I might not need my Infopass appt. after all!

09-07-10 Another touch for EAD

09-08-10 EAD TOUCH again! woo hoo!

09-17-10 InfoPas appt @9am. EAD APPROVED on Sept 2.. but still waiting for biometrics

09-20-10 3rd service request to USCIS, escalated to IO. still no bio appt

09-28-10 AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

09-29-10 4th service request to USCIS, useless convo with IO

09-30-10 AP received and signed by USCIS, J.Chyba

10-04-10 Another useless convo with IO

10-06-10 Letter sent to Congressman

10-10-10 Letter sent to Senator

10-11-10 AP Touch

10-13-10 Email received, AP approved :)

10-15-10 Useless SECOND Infopass appt. and useless AP without biometrics

10-16-10 I-512L AP Doc arrived in the mail

10-18-10 Another USELESS call to USCIS

10-19-10 Got my biometrics appt for Nov 3rd!!! early walk in complete 10-20 *SEE ABOUT ME PAGE FOR MORE TIMELINE INFO!*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Kjmel,

I am getting ready to submit AOS packet with I-130, I-485, I-765, I-693, G-325A, I-864 filing all of these concurrently. I have a check made out for $1010 and a separate check for $355 (for I-130).

Did you send your AOS packet while you were in the States??? My concern is that there is apparently an $88 fee for the I-864 if it is sent/viewed domestically here in the US. If I sent it from Canada it would be free.

Hi! BULLWINKLE,

I Sent My AOS packet here in USA, 5 days after i got married, I don't include F- I 130 becaused It is Optional on My Visa Classification, Some did it , AS Re'd in this Site, but I don't ,but your filing As ,From F-1 , that maybe needed in your Case,I file Form - I - 864 together with my Form -I -485 AOS by Simply fill up the Forms and Sent together my Husband Recent Income tax Return 1099s & W-2s, but Absolutely No added amount of Money, rather than 1,010 Total Amount of my AOS, About $88.00 fee I-864, to make it Clear that was $70.00 Before and it raised up to $88,00 recently, just for my own understanding, if i Filed Concurrently, and if I filed as Immediate Relative of US Citizen by proving them through sending a Xerox copy of My Marriage License & Marriage Certificate, don't need to pay for that amount, but Instead fill up the Form and Include it to Filing of My AOS. The $88.00 Occur for Form I -864 if you filed late, Outside the timeframe to do AOS , Since of your Arrival date,according to Rules & Regulations & Visa Classification, and for some Cases that needs Affidavit of Support, Well you ask me , How I did it? That is the way i did it, But i believe Someone will re-act on this post i made, but to clear , This is the way i made how i filed, & how much deeper i understood the AOS Processing & Procedure, so it is Up to you to believe it or not,But it is Always in Case to Case basis,. My intention is to Help , nothing less, nothing more. And i am Just being Ask , And i did Reply, Good Luck to Every One & God Bless. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! BULLWINKLE,

I Sent My AOS packet here in USA, 5 days after i got married, I don't include F- I 130 becaused It is Optional on My Visa Classification, Some did it , AS Re'd in this Site, but I don't ,but your filing As ,From F-1 , that maybe needed in your Case,I file Form - I - 864 together with my Form -I -485 AOS by Simply fill up the Forms and Sent together my Husband Recent Income tax Return 1099s & W-2s, but Absolutely No added amount of Money, rather than 1,010 Total Amount of my AOS, About $88.00 fee I-864, to make it Clear that was $70.00 Before and it raised up to $88,00 recently, just for my own understanding, if i Filed Concurrently, and if I filed as Immediate Relative of US Citizen by proving them through sending a Xerox copy of My Marriage License & Marriage Certificate, don't need to pay for that amount, but Instead fill up the Form and Include it to Filing of My AOS. The $88.00 Occur for Form I -864 if you filed late, Outside the timeframe to do AOS , Since of your Arrival date,according to Rules & Regulations & Visa Classification, and for some Cases that needs Affidavit of Support, Well you ask me , How I did it? That is the way i did it, But i believe Someone will re-act on this post i made, but to clear , This is the way i made how i filed, & how much deeper i understood the AOS Processing & Procedure, so it is Up to you to believe it or not,But it is Always in Case to Case basis,. My intention is to Help , nothing less, nothing more. And i am Just being Ask , And i did Reply, Good Luck to Every One & God Bless. :)

THANK YOU KJMEL!!!! I am going to send my AOS Packet today .. best of luck to you!!! :)

07-2006 Met my sweetheart!!!

01-25-10 Entered the USA on student visa

05-28-10 Married!!!! <3

06-16-10 I693 Medical prepared and sealed

07-14-10 AOS Packet couriered to Chicago

07-16-10 AOS Packet received! Signed by S. Bush :)

07-23-10 CHECK$ CA$HED!!!!! So happy to see money leave my bank account!!!!

07-24-10 NOA received in the mail for AOS/EAD and hubby received AP for me :)

07-26-10 TOUCHED!!!

08-06-10 EAD & Alien Petition TOUCHED!!!

08-24-10 Service request submitted for Biometrics Letter.. waiting, waiting...

09-01-10 2nd service request call put in - Dallas ASC backed up and everything is on hold! :(

09-03-10 Infopass appointment set for September 17th

09-03-10 EAD TOUCHED!!! I might not need my Infopass appt. after all!

09-07-10 Another touch for EAD

09-08-10 EAD TOUCH again! woo hoo!

09-17-10 InfoPas appt @9am. EAD APPROVED on Sept 2.. but still waiting for biometrics

09-20-10 3rd service request to USCIS, escalated to IO. still no bio appt

09-28-10 AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

09-29-10 4th service request to USCIS, useless convo with IO

09-30-10 AP received and signed by USCIS, J.Chyba

10-04-10 Another useless convo with IO

10-06-10 Letter sent to Congressman

10-10-10 Letter sent to Senator

10-11-10 AP Touch

10-13-10 Email received, AP approved :)

10-15-10 Useless SECOND Infopass appt. and useless AP without biometrics

10-16-10 I-512L AP Doc arrived in the mail

10-18-10 Another USELESS call to USCIS

10-19-10 Got my biometrics appt for Nov 3rd!!! early walk in complete 10-20 *SEE ABOUT ME PAGE FOR MORE TIMELINE INFO!*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

THANK YOU KJMEL!!!! I am going to send my AOS Packet today .. best of luck to you!!! :)

Your Welcome, BULLWINKLE, Good Luck to your AOS Journey and May God Bless you and may His favor be upon you, regarding your Paper works, As for me, I am now Waiting to Recieved my EAD & GC in the Mail, After Recieving Approval Notice of My EAD & Transfer of My F-I-485 AOS to CSC, After 2 Months Since the Day I filed, hoping to get it soon any day of the week this Month of July, I believe i can have my GC too becaused it has resumed processing Last July 10 ,2010 After it was Transfered last July 7, 2010, I just Continued Praying the Divine Favor of God be with me & hope for best results Always & Wish you All the Best in AOS Journey. :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks Kjmel,

The person you're asking has replied, but their posts are always very confusing. Please read the AOS thread in my signature but it will be slightly different for you as you need to file an I-130.

There is no I-864 fee.

Please read the thread I suggested, and also head over to here: Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas as you are adjusting from an F-1 visa, the link I posted is the correct forum for you and not this one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.