15 posts in this topic

hi! i was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to get copies of tax returns; we couldn't get a hold of the IRS we've been trying to call so we can get them to send us tax transcripts, but i was wondering if we can just do the tax returns instead... anyway, nothing shows on turbotax any file we can print for our 2009 tax returns.. we didn't get to print it when we did the e-file, but now I want to print it for documentation

thanks!

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! i was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to get copies of tax returns; we couldn't get a hold of the IRS we've been trying to call so we can get them to send us tax transcripts, but i was wondering if we can just do the tax returns instead... anyway, nothing shows on turbotax any file we can print for our 2009 tax returns.. we didn't get to print it when we did the e-file, but now I want to print it for documentation

thanks!

I have only ever submitted copies of tax returns... never have used transcripts... just make sure you submit the complete return including all schedules and attachments (W-2's etc..)

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There is a tab at the top of the turbotax screen - entitled "Print and File". When you click on it, the text reads "Get Ready to E-File Your Returns". If you look below the text on that screen there is a link that says "Need to Print"?

Just click on that and follow the instructions from there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Or you can download and send http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf for tax transcripts. Hubby & I used them for the AOS process since ya dont have to include W-2s if submitting transcripts.

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

There is a tab at the top of the turbotax screen - entitled "Print and File". When you click on it, the text reads "Get Ready to E-File Your Returns". If you look below the text on that screen there is a link that says "Need to Print"?

when i click on print and file, it only shows

File a Return,

Print/save for your records

Audit support

check e-file status

then if I click print/save for your records it just goes to We Need a Bit More Info/.. i entered the social and all but it seems as though it just made me have to file all over again..

i went to "tools" to print/save returns, it shows me nothing for my order list.. could it be that our file is gone ?

Or you can download and send http://www.irs.gov/p...-pdf/f4506t.pdf for tax transcripts. Hubby & I used them for the AOS process since ya dont have to include W-2s if submitting transcripts.

maybe we will do that, how long does it take for them to send the transcripts? we have an APO,AP address so it could even make it even more later

Depending on where you live, you can go to IRS local office and ask for print out they do it on the spot.

we are overseas right now,APO AP address since husband's military so i can't do that and we don't have a phoneline they can fax it to

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

It's a holiday today so you might want to call them back tomorrow. The automated system always say that it takes 10-15 ( i think, sorry i forgot ) days to get the transcript in the mail. But i have gotten ours within 4 days.

Edited by finallyfree

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

finallyfree is right on... we got our transcripts in 3 days or u can even send them a fax and they can fax u back a transcript if ya dont wanna wait too long

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

i figured it out why it doesn't show that lol my husband apparently ended up making two turbotax accnts for some reason and i forgot we did it on his other accnt. so i can print it now..

i have a question though, which one should I print just the tax returns or the one with the worksheets on it?

and oh,can anyone tell me where on the Tax returns wwould say I Am a resident, because when we filed for it I remember I didnt get my GC yet so I told him i was a nonresident..

but the thing was I didn't know I was already approved I just did not get my actual GC in the mail yet.

and will that be a problem coz my maiden name is on the returns, not my married name.. I forgot why it was my maiden name that was there I think it was coz it was the name on my SSN .. I haven't changed my SSN to my married name yet

Edited by newlyweds

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Your tax return would have had to show a TIN, if no SSN.

it shows my SSN but will show anything like i'm a resident or something? because when we did it thru turbotax, i told my husband I wasn't a resident yet because i didn't know yet if I was approved, and it was later on in the week that I actually got the GC but my online status took long to update too.. so i'm afraid it might show something saying we put me as nonresident. i just wanna make sure coz I am trying to find it on the tax returns but i cannot clearly understand everything it says

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

it shows my SSN but will show anything like i'm a resident or something? because when we did it thru turbotax, i told my husband I wasn't a resident yet because i didn't know yet if I was approved, and it was later on in the week that I actually got the GC but my online status took long to update too.. so i'm afraid it might show something saying we put me as nonresident. i just wanna make sure coz I am trying to find it on the tax returns but i cannot clearly understand everything it says

There is nothing on a US tax return that shows your immigration status, since it's irrelevant to the IRS. They just need your name and your SSN or ITIN.

What you need to print is a paper tax return EXACTLY as it would be submitted to the IRS. At a minimum, this will be one of the variations of the 1040 form (e.g., 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, etc.). If there are any additional schedules that would have been submitted to the IRS, then you have to print those as well. I'm not sure exactly how to do this with TurboTax (I use TaxCut), but I imagine there's a couple of options - one for printing a return "for filing with the IRS" and one "for your records". The option for printing a return for filing with the IRS will produce the forms you need. Sign the forms where required, date them with the same date the return was originally filed with the IRS, and include copies of any supporting evidence that would also need to have been submitted with a paper return to the IRS (W2's, 1099's, whatever applies to you). Again, the tax software should know what you need to submit because it knows what supporting documents you entered data from.

If this is confusing to you (there's no reason it shouldn't be) then call the IRS tomorrow and order transcripts.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

alrighty thanks! i am so glad to have found out about the whole residency issue with the tax returns lol i didn't know if that would reflect that.

and thanks for the heads up on the W-2s I forgot about that. thanks!

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Turbo Tax for 2009 would not print for me either. I had to call the IRS and get a copy of my transcripts. Do not try and call them during the day. I ALWAYS call them after 8 pm CST and get through almost immediately. My transcripts were faxed to me from them and I received the copies in the mail a few days ago. Nice and easy.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Turbo Tax for 2009 would not print for me either. I had to call the IRS and get a copy of my transcripts. Do not try and call them during the day. I ALWAYS call them after 8 pm CST and get through almost immediately. My transcripts were faxed to me from them and I received the copies in the mail a few days ago. Nice and easy.

we were finally able to get a hold of them lol we just had to endure an average of being put on hold for 30 minutes lol but it didn't matter as long as we get the documents lol thank you

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.