19 posts in this topic

Hey. im about to enter my 3rd month of AP. its been more then 3 months since my husband interview and i still have no information. when i call DOS friday the lady said "its still pending," then said "wait, let me see something,.......Um yah its pending. thats all i can tell you" its seemed like she was saw something but would not tell me. i email emabassy nothing, they always put them same thing no matter what i send them if i ask then what color is the say they will reply the same answer. I requesed another interivew so my husband could go speak with someone to see. since they said most 2 week and at the worst 2 months, cuz eveything is 100% and they sent us the same copy and past reply.. Im getting realy annoyed and i want to contact my seneter or congressmen. which should i contact and how would i go about doing that?

Thanks!

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

this has been covered in prior responses to yer prior posts.

Let me know if you can't find them ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

this has been covered in prior responses to yer prior posts.

Let me know if you can't find them ?

No i Cant find them anf i dont know who is better to contact the seneter or conrgressmen or both?

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

02-20-11

02-27-11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

From what I have been reading, it sounds like your congressman. I found this website, see if it helps you MQ

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

I hope you get some good results! I think you have been more patient than what I would have been.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

From what I have been reading, it sounds like your congressman. I found this website, see if it helps you MQ

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

I hope you get some good results! I think you have been more patient than what I would have been.

i found her but should i call her, email her, or what? and do i just tell her i need infrmation on my case?

02-20-11

02-27-11

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

i found her but should i call her, email her, or what? and do i just tell her i need infrmation on my case?

Call them. You have to fill out a form that allows them to look into your case and that you provide details about your case. With my initially petition i had help from my congressman---with AP my congressman's office won't return my calls but senator contacted embassy for me.

Good Luck!

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

To be honest, MQ, not only have you asked this before, but I've noticed that you tend to ignore my posts to you anyway (probably this included :whistle: ) so I'm not really inclined to help...a little courtesy goes a long way!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I know AP is a very hard process to endure. It is like the golden ring that is just out of your reach, you know the visa has been approved but you just can't quite get it.

DOS depending on who you speak with may give you a little more information than "it is pending AP" but really what will that information do for you? Contacting the embassy either by email, phone, or in person will get you the same answer...Pending AP. A second interview will do nothing to alleviate the pending AP it is finished when it is finished anywhere from one day to years. I wish the embassies would stop giving times for AP to be completed as each case is different and they really have no way of knowing how long it will take.

Feel free to contact your senator and congressman in whatever method you like (phone, email, letter, etc) you will have to sign a release of information with the case information. They will contact the embassy and be told the case is pending AP. There is nothing anyone can do to speed up the process but the congressman/senator is helpful if there is an issue such as a lost case.

Hang in there it will end. One of the worst feelings in the world is having someone else in control of your life.

To be honest, MQ, not only have you asked this before, but I've noticed that you tend to ignore my posts to you anyway (probably this included :whistle: ) so I'm not really inclined to help...a little courtesy goes a long way!

What are talking about i asked this once and was only told that they dont realy help anyways. i always respond to your posts. i realy dont understand.

02-20-11

02-27-11

Timeline

No i Cant find them anf i dont know who is better to contact the seneter or conrgressmen or both?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145739&view=findpost&p=3994909

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145739&view=findpost&p=3994842

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145739&view=findpost&p=3994616

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145739&view=findpost&p=3992914

Now - you need to contact the 'Immigration Liason Staffer' at either a US Reps office or a US Senator's office. This is a human. That 'title' is common, may have some derivation, but you mention those 3 words at the switchboard, they'll get you to the right person.

For any 'Immigration Liason Staffer' to initiate an inquiry on your behalf - you have to sign a release form - be certain to ask for the release form - and note it can be 1--emailed to you 2--downloaded by you from a website 3--sent to you via postal mail.

The Immigration Liason Staffer will NOT jump, based on a phone call - you have to:

1. submit the signed release form

2. submit a narrative of casefile history

There are 3 offices you have potential to deal with:

1. The US Congressman for your district

2. One of the US Senators for yer state

3. The other US Senator for yer state

If you have no resources that list these 3 offices, go grab a telephone book, look in the front or in the government listing section or in the white pages under Federal Government. Those 3 names will be there, you betcha, with telephone info.

IMO, you should make initial contact with all 3, and inquire if they can make an inquiry for you. Surely someone will say no, or that they are too busy - so pick one that has the time to deal with this inquiry. Make those 3 phone calls, sure - but pick only one. If you try to have all 3 offices inquire on yer behalf, it makes each Immigration Liason Staffer LOOK BAD back at the Embassy IV Unit - and trust me - these ppl never want to LOOK BAD at the Embassy IV unit - an ILS wields a bit of power, and uses it with the hope that the Embassy won't cut them off when they submit frivolous or repetitive inquiries.

Now, if you can't understand stuff from yer prior posts, and what I've written here, please, not only read it twice, but get another human to read this , put paper to pencil, and map out a plan of attack with that other human. You should choose a human that you see, every day or every week - don't rely on any 'internet friend' or 'internet acquaintence' . I know it's hard, being a 19 year old female in your household, but you really need to get assistance, a Human at yer Elbow.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145739&view=findpost&p=3994909

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145739&view=findpost&p=3994842

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145739&view=findpost&p=3994616

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145739&view=findpost&p=3992914

Now - you need to contact the 'Immigration Liason Staffer' at either a US Reps office or a US Senator's office. This is a human. That 'title' is common, may have some derivation, but you mention those 3 words at the switchboard, they'll get you to the right person.

For any 'Immigration Liason Staffer' to initiate an inquiry on your behalf - you have to sign a release form - be certain to ask for the release form - and note it can be 1--emailed to you 2--downloaded by you from a website 3--sent to you via postal mail.

The Immigration Liason Staffer will NOT jump, based on a phone call - you have to:

1. submit the signed release form

2. submit a narrative of casefile history

There are 3 offices you have potential to deal with:

1. The US Congressman for your district

2. One of the US Senators for yer state

3. The other US Senator for yer state

IMO, you should make initial contact with all 3, and inquire if they can make an inquiry for you. Surely someone will say no, or that they are too busy - so pick one that has the time to deal with this inquiry. Make those 3 phone calls, sure - but pick only one. If you try to have all 3 offices inquire on yer behalf, it makes each Immigration Liason Staffer LOOK BAD back at the Embassy IV Unit - and trust me - these ppl never want to LOOK BAD at the Embassy IV unit - an ILS wields a bit of power, and uses it with the hope that the Embassy won't cut them off when they submit frivolous or repetitive inquiries.

Now, if you can't understand stuff from yer prior posts, and what I've written here, please, not only read it twice, but get another human to read this , put paper to pencil, and map out a plan of attack with that other human. You should choose a human that you see, every day or every week - don't rely on any 'internet friend' or 'internet acquaintence' . I know it's hard, being a 19 year old female in your household, but you really need to get assistance, a Human at yer Elbow.

Good Luck !

Yes i understand and i do have "Human" people to help me my mom my dad i have lot of people who help but i also like to get info from here.

02-20-11

02-27-11

Timeline

Great. Map it out, put pencil to paper.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good Luck !

I love you Darnell, <wishing there was a kissy Emoticon>

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Kudos big time, awesome patience, more that I could manage.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

:thumbs:

I thought this was addressed a number of times by both of us... there isnt anything anyone can do to 'make' a CO decide or speed up the case MQ... trying to influence or force the CO to do something is actually illegal ... The Senator or Congressman can only ask what is the status of the case and that is all... you can call email or snail mail the govt rep or as I do go in person... communication is possible in many forms, but they all yeild the same response... "The case is pending as it iis undergoing additional processing".. the only thing that you can do to speed things up is a writ of mandamus and it has not been long enough for that to work for you.. you have only been in AP for a short time... be patient and dont let the stress tear you up inside... many of us are in the same situation you are in MQ and have been for far longer than you.. we are trying to help you by explaining what helped us and what did not...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.